Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Squamish Pinks  (Read 71360 times)

wonder

Re: Squamish Pinks
« Reply #120 on: July 30, 2013, 11:57:00 AM »

To anyone who frequents this fishery, think its worth my time to stop there on my way home from whistler Monday evening? it's my gfs bday would like to get her her first salmon but don't wana drag her down a trail if there's nothing around or it's a first light type fishery or still too early in the season, never fished that area before and won't have much time to explore and find holes.  Plenty of time for pinks on the Fraser just would be cool to get one on her bday. Thanks for any info. :D
« Last Edit: July 30, 2013, 02:16:32 PM by wonder »

Nitroholic

« Reply #121 on: July 30, 2013, 12:55:54 PM »

To anyone who frequents this fishery, think its worth my time to stop there on my way home from whistler Monday evening? it's my gfs bday would like to get her her first salmon but don't wana drag her down a trial if there's nothing around or it's a first light type fishery or still too early in the season, never fished that area before and won't have much time to explore and find holes.  Plenty of time for pinks on the Fraser just would be cool to get one on her bday. Thanks for any info. :D

Seriously? You want people on an internet forum to guarantee you fish?

koko

« Reply #122 on: July 30, 2013, 02:05:12 PM »

To anyone who frequents this fishery, think its worth my time to stop there on my way home from whistler Monday evening? it's my gfs bday would like to get her her first salmon but don't wana drag her down a trial if there's nothing around or it's a first light type fishery or still too early in the season, never fished that area before and won't have much time to explore and find holes.  Plenty of time for pinks on the Fraser just would be cool to get one on her bday. Thanks for any info. :D
Still early, but they are there.
Fish with the tide, you will have better lucky.

wonder

« Reply #123 on: July 30, 2013, 02:11:22 PM »

Seriously? You want people on an internet forum to guarantee you fish?

I'm asking if there's fish in the river. Maybe an English lesson would benefit you.

Thanks koko ill give it a shot. Always nice to check out a new flow

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #124 on: July 30, 2013, 04:18:53 PM »

the fish are there, maybe not the full onslaught yet but they are there. there is always slow times throughout the day but usually there is still some fish being picked off. just keeps your eyes peeled on other fisherman as to where the "line" of fish are moving through and it will help narrow your search
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

wonder

« Reply #125 on: July 30, 2013, 04:48:24 PM »

Cool, appreciate it hook  8)

fishseeker

• Old Timer
« Reply #126 on: July 30, 2013, 05:03:56 PM »

To anyone who frequents this fishery, think its worth my time to stop there on my way home from whistler Monday evening? it's my gfs bday would like to get her her first salmon but don't wana drag her down a trail if there's nothing around or it's a first light type fishery or still too early in the season, never fished that area before and won't have much time to explore and find holes.  Plenty of time for pinks on the Fraser just would be cool to get one on her bday. Thanks for any info. :D
You have a girlfriend who actually likes fishing ? 

I have got my wife into pinks and chums a number of times and she couldn't care less- ha, ha.  Lucky you :)

1son

« Reply #127 on: July 30, 2013, 05:31:30 PM »

Are wadders needed just curious?

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #128 on: July 30, 2013, 05:37:36 PM »

Im also lucky that my wife likes fishing. she is more for pinks, sockeye than anything else but did join me a lot before our boys were born. I did make the mistake of bringing her steelheading (after giving her fair warning of what was involved) which sort of helped turn her away from fishing because she likes to stay rooted in her spot for the day or move maybe twice to find fish. When it comes to my boys though they seem to have the obsession, my oldest has already told us he just wants to fish his whole life, seemed super excited when I told him he can get a job doing exactly that  ;D my youngest is always glued to me when im watching fishing stuff so even though he hasn't actually caught any himself I see potential............less than 2 weeks though and he will be getting his first ever  ;D

I wish my old laptop hadn't crashed losing all my pics. I had an awesome photo of my wife catching her very first Chinook and the look on her face when it took its initial blistering run was priceless, the pics after were of strain watching her battle the beast and then the final pic was the first spewing juice while she held it for the pic LoL (fish was even pretty chrome too so not sure why it was doing that)

1son - waders are not needed but remember this is glacial fed so it can be pretty F-ing cold so if having frozen feet bugs you then wear waders. I personally wear socks and wading boots but have also rocked just sandals many times.............yes even at 5am !

HOOK - thinks he needs to get his wife into some pinks to get her back interested and then into some Chinook to really get her back into it
Check out our new blog

1son

« Reply #129 on: July 30, 2013, 06:17:04 PM »

Thanx Hook wasn't sure if you'd be fishing off rocks,platform,bar or hop in the water and get a bit wet I've never been to the squam so just wanted to make sure what kind of gear I need to bring.

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #130 on: July 30, 2013, 06:26:16 PM »

you only need to stand about ankle deep otherwise your out to far and almost standing on the fishes backs. I hate it when guys go out waist deep and push the fish way out. I get them to back up and bang catch a fish right infront of them !
Check out our new blog

wonder

« Reply #131 on: July 30, 2013, 06:27:12 PM »

You have a girlfriend who actually likes fishing ? 

I have got my wife into pinks and chums a number of times and she couldn't care less- ha, ha.  Lucky you :)

haha well im yet to get her into a fish so shes losing patience.. pink season should do trick tho  ;D

1son

« Reply #132 on: July 30, 2013, 06:33:16 PM »

LOL sweet thanx again for the tips Hook

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #133 on: July 30, 2013, 07:31:32 PM »

you only need to stand about ankle deep otherwise your out to far and almost standing on the fishes backs. I hate it when guys go out waist deep and push the fish way out. I get them to back up and bang catch a fish right infront of them !

Ain't that the truth! :o
One of my pet peeves for sure, especially when the deep wading dude is just downstream from me.
All of you fishing the Squamish for the first time...you DON'T need to wade beyond your knees. Pinks travel in shallow water.

JPW

« Reply #134 on: July 30, 2013, 07:53:16 PM »

Ain't that the truth! :o...you DON'T need to wade beyond your knees. Pinks travel in shallow water.

If that were true, then why are the spey fisherman up to their nipples pounding 100ft of line?  :-X