Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: More Hush Hush, Sad.  (Read 14842 times)

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
Re: More Hush Hush, Sad.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 02:22:03 PM »

I find it interesting that Morton is so hush hush about where the money she asked for sampling salmon went. All I see out of that is a debunked movie. :)

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 04:48:17 PM »

http://alexandramorton.typepad.com/alexandra_morton/2013/06/the-world-organization-for-animal-health-oie-lists-as-its-number-one-objective-to-ensure-transparency-in-the-global-anima.html
There is nothing hush hush about this Chris. The possibility the OIE would strip the AVC lab of it's certification has been discussed on this and other sites. What it means to you and the other anti's is the money you have donated to Ms. Morton for virus analyses has been used to fund shoddy and unreliable science.
Perhaps now you understand why Dr. Simon Jones would not allow Molly Kribenge (husband Fred runs the lab) to publish the false findings of ISA in Cultus sockeye.
Some of us are not surprised at this turn of events, but don't worry as you can still send her money to fund her latest court case ;D

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 04:59:38 PM »

There is nothing hush hush about this Chris. The possibility the OIE would strip the AVC lab of it's certification has been discussed on this and other sites. What it means to you and the other anti's is the money you have donated to Ms. Morton for virus analyses has been used to fund shoddy and unreliable science.
Perhaps now you understand why Dr. Simon Jones would not allow Molly Kribenge (husband Fred runs the lab) to publish the false findings of ISA in Cultus sockeye.
Some of us are not surprised at this turn of events, but don't worry as you can still send her money to fund her latest court case ;D

Just can't drop the "I hate Morton" slander can you Dave?

Will you ever answer this question?
Why such a hate on for Morton? How exactly has she hurt you? Do you have investments in the feedlot business and you are angry that they aren't doing all that well? Or is it that you have been so brain washed by your exposure to the feedlot industry that you can't see the big picture?
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 06:05:44 PM »

Sure.  I don't hate Morton, but dislike her tactics; I don't have investments in aquaculture; and finally she has hurt me by funnelling tons of money, money that could have made a real difference to wild salmon, into this sham she and her cause is now.
Now, your turn to come clean.   fisherbob and Chris have donated money to Morton, they also said no receipts were offered.   So af, let me ask you one more time, have you donated to what you seem so passionate about?  Were you issued a receipt?
Do you own shares in Alaskan fisheries?

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 07:40:53 PM »

So the reason you display this "dislike" for Morton is due to the influence from the feedlot industry.....

The whole feedlot crew's approach to Morton and the good folks that support Morton is to try and discredit us. On one hand you complain about the "tons of money" that good folks have sent Morton in her efforts to save wild salmon.....   and on the other hand you ridicule us for not supporting her.  You need to become a little more consistent in your attacks.....

I've always mused about why you feedlot boys spend all your time attacking the good folks that support Morton and her efforts....  If the industry is so squeaky clean and is not causing any harm to the wild salmon and their environment, why not just focus your efforts on selling us on their "virtues"...... My perception is that other than providing a few jobs, there are no "virtues" to the feedlot business as it is currently structured.

Your argument that the feedlots can coexist with wild salmon is ludicrous, and evidence from all over the globe supports that comment. The argument that there is no scientific evidence that feedlots cause harm to wild salmon, is naive. Industry and government suppression of existing science and scientific studies is the reason for the limited evidence. You and the feedlot industry know that if the evidence was released, the public would immediately demand that the feedlots be removed from our oceans.

The personal attacks on Morton and those who support her is childish desperation. I notice you take the same approach on at least one other forum....   It doesn't seem to be working all that well for you there either...

Obviously you put a good effort into our local fisheries and for that I commend you. Unfortunately on the subject of the feedlots impact on wild salmon, you are totally misguided.

On the subject of donations to Morton......  It's none of your business or anyone else's who I choose to support. That's why I haven't volunteered that info. If someone chooses to volunteer that information, that's fine by me as well.
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 08:12:06 PM »

Can you tell me what Morton has got right with what I have donated AF? If she was my investment manager, I would have bailed off her boat load of guano long before I stopped donating to her cause. :)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 08:28:04 PM by Fisherbob »

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2013, 08:24:20 PM »

On the subject of donations to Morton......  It's none of your business or anyone else's who I choose to support. That's why I haven't volunteered that info. If someone chooses to volunteer that information, that's fine by me as well.
True to form af and exactlly the response I expected.

islanddude

« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2013, 08:44:05 PM »

As far as I am concerned the fish farm industry is the Monsanto of the seas. They ruined the wild salmon in Norway,sea trout in the British Isles,devastated Chile so why not British Columbia. I can hardly wait till they start raising GMO salmon.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2013, 09:04:17 PM »

As far as I am concerned the fish farm industry is the Monsanto of the seas.

Accurate analogy islanddude. It's a slippy slope and the Norwegians are certainly taking advantage.

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2013, 09:20:09 PM »

Accurate analogy islanddude. It's a slippy slope and the Norwegians are certainly taking advantage.
All talk and no answer to questions dude? You have been Mortonized. LOL. Good on ya bud. Bin there done that hehe. :) did you buy into Morton's mothers course?
 http://theacetraining.com/ACE
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 09:50:55 PM by Fisherbob »

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2013, 08:28:16 AM »

http://www.vancouverobserver.com/opinion/shooting-messenger-lab-stripped-credentials-after-finding-infectious-virus-bc-salmon

“Dr. Kibenge had the temerity to announce positive test results and the result is his lab is being analyzed by you … I suggest to you that the federal government is going to try and take away his OIE certification as a punishment for this…I predict within the next 12 months Canada will go after his credibility; isn't that right?”

-Lawyer Greg McDade, questioning CFIA and DFO during the Cohen Commission hearings

This lawyer certainly called it......

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2013, 09:48:53 PM »

Well, not quite because it was the OIE that stripped the AVC of its ISAv reference status - not the CFIA.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2013, 09:53:39 PM »

Well, not quite because it was the OIE that stripped the AVC of its ISAv reference status - not the CFIA.

More semantics....  The OIE is made up of delegates from various countries. The CFIA is the OIE delegate for Canada. The $2 million donation from Canada to the OIE probably didn't hurt either.

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2013, 11:19:41 PM »

More semantics....  The OIE is made up of delegates from various countries. The CFIA is the OIE delegate for Canada. The $2 million donation from Canada to the OIE probably didn't hurt either.

Well, this is what we do know right now:

In May 2013 The World Assembly of national Delegates of the OIE (178 countries) approved by unanimity the delisting of the OIE Reference Laboratory for Infectious Salmon Anaemia located at Atlantic Veterinary College (AVC) in Canada on the basis of the results of the OIE audit conducted with independent experts from 31 July to 2 August 2012.”

http://www.seafoodintelligence.com/EditModule.aspx?tabid=286&mid=767&def=News%20Article%20View&ItemId=34071

Not sure where it says that the CFIA conducted the audits, so perhaps you can clear this one up?

Ah yes...the kick-back card is being played.  Nothing like pulling some unrelated article and trying to connect it here.  At one time the OIE was Ms Morton's most trusted authority but when it goes against her it is now in the black books.  Nothing worse than a woman scorned..lol.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 11:21:13 PM by shuswapsteve »