Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: More Hush Hush, Sad.  (Read 14841 times)

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
Re: More Hush Hush, Sad.
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2013, 08:14:13 AM »

http://heatherclemenceau.wordpress.com/2012/09/27/what-weve-got-here-is-failure-to-communicate/

Easy for Harper neo-cons to find someone to represent their view on international organizations.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2013, 08:17:19 AM »

Apparently Stevey is quite naive as to how the world of politics works.....   

Dr Kibenge's lab (the lab that discovered ISAv in Chile before anyone else did) has been finding ISA in BC salmon for a while, yet CFIA is claiming it doesn't exist. The embarrassment interfered with CFIA's PR campaign to convince the world that BC doesn't have ISA. So CFIA hired an "independant" source to analyse his lab and based on those findings they recommended to the OIE that the lab be shut down. No certification means no more reports....  problem solved.

Oh, and throw in $2 million cash as a donation to the OIE and they did whatever CFIA asked them to do.

You forget that the CFIA takes orders from the same folks that write their favorite senators a $90,000 "personal" cheque to try and make the senate scandal go away....

He needs to start reading more than just the "feedlot" news.
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2013, 08:29:17 AM »

A bit of an education as to how politics in Canada works ...

"Scientists who uncovered the first signs that infectious salmon anemia is present on the West Coast have found themselves shunned and intimidated by federal government officials, the Cohen Commission has heard......"

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/british-columbia/federal-agency-accused-of-intimidation-over-salmon-disease/article554785/
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2013, 09:38:28 AM »

Well, not quite because it was the OIE that stripped the AVC of its ISAv reference status - not the CFIA.

A little more background for you on how the politics work....

http://www.inspection.gc.ca/about-the-cfia/newsroom/news-releases/2013-04-19/eng/1366203828380/1366203839260

"April 19, 2013, Ottawa: Agriculture Minister Gerry Ritz today announced that Dr. Martine Dubuc of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) has been appointed as Canada’s Delegate to the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE).

Dr. Dubuc replaces Dr. Brian Evans, who has served as Canada’s OIE Delegate for the past 13 years. Dr. Evans recently retired from the CFIA.

The OIE Delegate plays a critical role in managing animal diseases at the global level,” said Minister Ritz. “On behalf of the Government of Canada, I would like to congratulate Dr. Martine Dubuc on her appointment. I would also like to thank Dr. Evans for representing Canada so well on the world animal health stage for the past 13 years.”

As Canada’s OIE Delegate, Dr. Dubuc will play a crucial role in the OIE’s standard setting process for the development and adoption of animal health standards and guidelines. Dr. Dubuc will work in partnership with Canada’s Chief Veterinary Officer, Dr. Ian Alexander, to ensure that the standards are appropriately and consistently implemented in Canada, and she will be responsible for notifying the OIE of reportable animal disease occurrences in Canada.

In addition to her role as Canada’s OIE Delegate, Dr. Dubuc is the Vice President of the CFIA’s Science Branch and the Chief Food Safety Officer for Canada."

One little phone call from the PMO's office and Dr. Dubuc said "yup, I can shut Dr Kibenge up" and she was probably asking "Is there anyone else you need me to shut down?"
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 09:42:26 AM by alwaysfishn »

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2013, 04:59:51 PM »

I just picked my jaw up off the floor AF- I sorta thought you were a Conservative supporter. Knock me over with a feather.
http://

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2013, 05:11:45 PM »

I just picked my jaw up off the floor AF- I sorta thought you were a Conservative supporter. Knock me over with a feather.

A person can support a party yet not agree with everything their party does....

I'm quite sure you didn't agree with the shady business behind Glen Clark's free deck.

But let's not derail the thread here.... I think we've got the feedlot boys on the run with their tails between there legs, heading back to their feedlots.  ;D

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2013, 07:09:32 PM »

But let's not derail the thread here.... I think we've got the feedlot boys on the run with their tails between there legs, heading back to their feedlots.  ;D

LOL!!!
who knows who or what af supports... including him ;)  Sorry I will miss the next few days of comments from af, our master of deflection.

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2013, 10:02:04 PM »

Apparently Stevey is quite naive as to how the world of politics works.....   

Dr Kibenge's lab (the lab that discovered ISAv in Chile before anyone else did) has been finding ISA in BC salmon for a while, yet CFIA is claiming it doesn't exist. The embarrassment interfered with CFIA's PR campaign to convince the world that BC doesn't have ISA. So CFIA hired an "independant" source to analyse his lab and based on those findings they recommended to the OIE that the lab be shut down. No certification means no more reports....  problem solved.

Oh, and throw in $2 million cash as a donation to the OIE and they did whatever CFIA asked them to do.

You forget that the CFIA takes orders from the same folks that write their favorite senators a $90,000 "personal" cheque to try and make the senate scandal go away....

He needs to start reading more than just the "feedlot" news.

Wow...I love how your imagination just runs wild, AF.  Looks like you have a job making movies with Twyla.

Apparently you still don't the difference between a virus (ISAv) and a disease (ISA)....big surprise.  For your information, ISA has not been found in BC waters - not even by Dr. Kibenge's lab.  If so, perhaps you can find this little tid-bit of information from AVC results or another "superlab".  Did I forget to say that ISA is a federally reportable disease and that it is already being reported according to the law on the east coast of Canada?  Why didn't that $2 million kick-back prevent ISA from being reported to the OIE?  Perhaps you can provide more specific information on the hiring of independent experts by the CFIA...and how they conspired to remove the AVC as an official OIE reference lab for ISAv?  Perhaps you can enlighten us how this ruling by the OIE "shut down" the AVC lab from doing any testing?  So, if the OIE is so corrupt why would Ms Morton ever put her faith in their ISAv reference status anyway?  Why would she make a big fuss and want the AVC to be reinstated as a ISAv reference lab for the OIE after her uncovering of this $2 million dollar kick-back.  I know...I realize this means you have to actually have to find factual information - something you are not very good at. 

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: July 02, 2013, 10:03:43 PM »

A little more background for you on how the politics work....

http://www.inspection.gc.ca/about-the-cfia/newsroom/news-releases/2013-04-19/eng/1366203828380/1366203839260

"April 19, 2013, Ottawa: Agriculture Minister Gerry Ritz today announced that Dr. Martine Dubuc of the Canadian Food Inspection Agency (CFIA) has been appointed as Canada’s Delegate to the World Organisation for Animal Health (OIE).

Dr. Dubuc replaces Dr. Brian Evans, who has served as Canada’s OIE Delegate for the past 13 years. Dr. Evans recently retired from the CFIA.

The OIE Delegate plays a critical role in managing animal diseases at the global level,” said Minister Ritz. “On behalf of the Government of Canada, I would like to congratulate Dr. Martine Dubuc on her appointment. I would also like to thank Dr. Evans for representing Canada so well on the world animal health stage for the past 13 years.”

As Canada’s OIE Delegate, Dr. Dubuc will play a crucial role in the OIE’s standard setting process for the development and adoption of animal health standards and guidelines. Dr. Dubuc will work in partnership with Canada’s Chief Veterinary Officer, Dr. Ian Alexander, to ensure that the standards are appropriately and consistently implemented in Canada, and she will be responsible for notifying the OIE of reportable animal disease occurrences in Canada.

In addition to her role as Canada’s OIE Delegate, Dr. Dubuc is the Vice President of the CFIA’s Science Branch and the Chief Food Safety Officer for Canada."

One little phone call from the PMO's office and Dr. Dubuc said "yup, I can shut Dr Kibenge up" and she was probably asking "Is there anyone else you need me to shut down?"

Wow...they replaced one person with another person.  Definitely looks shady...lol.  You are too funny.  Keep up the good work.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: July 02, 2013, 10:28:48 PM »

I'm wondering how much they pay you to do their PR campaign Stevey....  or is just part of your job description?

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: July 02, 2013, 10:40:32 PM »

I do this one for free because it is too fun to watch you struggle through these threads.

dnibbles

« Reply #26 on: July 02, 2013, 11:09:07 PM »

I'm wondering how much they pay you to do their PR campaign Stevey....  or is just part of your job description?
They pay him in pork.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2013, 07:01:41 AM »

I do this one for free because it is too fun to watch you struggle through these threads.

Although I find your arrogance annoying I must admit I'm enjoying myself as well. I am amazed at the efforts your industry puts into justifying it's existence.

I admit I'd like to believe even a small part of your message as it could mean that there is some hope for the survival of the wild salmon. Unfortunately I believe your drive to preserve your source of livelihood causes you to support an industry that has destroyed wild salmon in other parts of the world and is in the process of doing that here as well. The cover-ups, misinformation, PR campaigns and lies, are all part of the industries effort to buy time. When the wild salmon are gone, government and industry can say oops, and happily carry on polluting our waters. When the wild salmon are gone, their existence will be unopposed.

The message from the feedlot crew is that BC is different.....  ::)  That's just wishful thinking, or worse yet, it's part of the PR effort, and that is what drives us to oppose the feedlots.

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2013, 08:12:50 AM »

They pay him in pork.

That's because he won't eat the dirty fish. ;D
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

dnibbles

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2013, 09:24:03 PM »

That's because he won't eat the dirty fish. ;D

You obviously don't know Stevey. He'll eat anything. He prefers diploid Paul Lake rainbows in full spawning colours. :P