Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kamloops/Merritt lakes?  (Read 3918 times)

ajransom

Kamloops/Merritt lakes?
« on: June 09, 2013, 03:40:17 PM »

Hi all,

Anyone been up to Kamloops/Merritt area lately? Working in Kamloops tomorrow and want to take my float tube out somewhere on the way home (LML). Anyone know whats been working?

Thanks!

iCemAn

Re: Kamloops/Merritt lakes?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2013, 08:48:19 PM »

I have fished the following lakes the past 3 weeks.

-Roche was decent fishing but difficult at times. Not steady feeding throughout the day but that was almost 3 weeks ago now. Maybe has improved with the more consistent weather.
-Tunkwa. Was slow early last week but it picking up when I left last Wednesday. Fish were in shallow with size 14 green chironies
-Lundbom. Slow fishing but mayflies started coming off last Thursday morning then the winds picked up ALL afternoon.
Teach a man to fish and he'll play with his fly all day!

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2013, 10:14:56 PM »

DAMNIT !! I was just about to tell you to call the Kamloops fly shop but I believe they just closed up shop last month  :'(

try calling Nicola Valley Outdoors in Merritt for up to date reports

If you want something close to the highway you cant beat Lundbom and you really don't need to venture far away from the boat launch area, concentrate on the shoals along that shore  ;)

If you instead feel like driving the other way around to Merritt then you can hit Logan Lake itself. It can be really good along the left shoal past the point along the left side of the lake as you look up the lake from the dock. This is my favourite area in the lake, also you can find good fishing just out from the dock
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

ajransom

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2013, 09:39:13 PM »

Thanks guys! I too was surprised about kamloops fly shop. Ended up fishing Edith Lake and landed a 15" rainbow and list a few more. Certainly a fun evening fishing.

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2013, 09:53:23 PM »

DAMNIT !! I was just about to tell you to call the Kamloops fly shop but I believe they just closed up shop last month  :'(

I think they closed a while ago (last October).
Not all those who wander are lost

300zxfairlady

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2013, 12:51:40 AM »

fished this little lake called wholloper, found a nice little spot across on the other side and man o man.. fish on almost every cast

bobrunning

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2013, 07:46:33 AM »

Excellent, any size?

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2013, 04:00:01 PM »

Up here right now for work.

Edith is dead... and apparently every lake up here is for the past week or so. Lots of thunderheads moving through on a constant basis which I think is throwing the fish off.

Haven't even seen swallows on 3 different lakes in the past 2 days...  :(

Managed a couple in Jacko trolling a scud down deep and a few on chironies each of the past few days in Edith.