Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Evening Fly Fishing Competition on Whonnock Lake - Wed, June 12, 2013  (Read 3467 times)

Todd Oishi

• Maple Ridge, BC
    • Innovative Fly Fisher

I'm trying to see who would be available and interested in attending an evening loch-style fly fishing competition at Whonnock Lake, in Maple Ridge, on Wednesday, June 12, 2013. This would be a single, 3 hour session competition, that starts at 5:30pm and ends at 8:30pm (gates close at dusk, which nowadays is around 9:00pm). No previous competition or loch-style experience necessary (we'll teach you). Please email me at: info@innovativeflyfisher.com to register or for more information...

This is going to be a fun event and a nice evening out fishing on a scenic lake with a great bunch of guys and gals. Please respond here if you're interested in coming out for a fun time and meeting some of the local anglers and regular participants of the 2012 and 2013 Summer Series.

Cheers,
Todd

Current List of Competitors:
1. Todd Oishi
2. Chris Puchniak
3. Mike Oishi
4. Vance Whitley
5. Kevin Cucheron
6. Johnny Wilkinson
7. Tyler Wilkinson
8. Gerry Nicol
9. Martin Payne (will confirm)
10. Max Cohen

Here's a shot of a 38 cm rainbow that was caught by one of the participants at the last event we held on Whonnock Lake:

And one of Whonnock's beautiful wild cutthroat trout (this one was 33cm) - a dark fish in a tannin stained lake (as was the rainbow from above). Just for reference, the hook is just resting on top of the gill plate after it had been pulled free:

« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 04:04:38 PM by Tyson »
>>>http://innovativeflyfisher.com/forum<<<

For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in pounds and inches, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...

Todd Oishi

• Maple Ridge, BC
    • Innovative Fly Fisher

There's still plenty of room for more participants. I've been told that there'll be another stocking prior to this event, so the fishing should be VERY productive. This will also mean that we're finally able to hit a venue at the best possible time for achieving good angling results!

This should prove to be a fun time both on and off the water, so I hope to see a few more new faces coming out to join in on the fun!

Current List of Competitors:
1. Todd Oishi - 2 boats
2. Chris Puchniak - 1 boat
3. Vance Whitley - 1 boat
4. Johnny Wilkinson - 1 boat
5. Jordan Vivieros - boat
6. Kevin Cucheron
7. Tyler Wilkinson
8. Gerry Nicol
9. Noah Kelly
10. Max Cohen
11. Martin Payne

For me, the quality of a trout is not measured in pounds and inches, but rather by the journey and circumstances that allowed our paths to cross...

Todd Oishi

• Maple Ridge, BC
    • Innovative Fly Fisher

We're looking for a person with a 12 or 14 foot boat (with oars) that would be willing to come out and help mentor one of the youth team members for this event. Please respond here or email me if you're able to help us out.

Thanks,
Todd

hi speed

do you still need more boats

Todd Oishi

• Maple Ridge, BC
    • Innovative Fly Fisher

Thanks for the offer Hi Speed! We wound up okay in the end, as I borrowed a boat the afternoon of the event. I really appreciate your response to the request, and hope to see you at one of our upcoming events.

Cheers,
Todd