Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Get your facts straight?  (Read 1339887 times)

GordJ

Re: Get your facts straight?
« Reply #915 on: August 07, 2014, 08:00:06 AM »

Then it dovetails in nicely with the feedlot propaganda that Bawb claims to be gospel truth. I'm merely a foil to the non stop feedlot Pravda that Bawb throws up here. As far as editing goes, I simply posted a link that led to the article. I didn't edit squat - that was the same link I read that I posted. False accusations Gordo. You don't know what you're talking about.
Oh so you don't do any due diligence at all, just copy and paste everything you read on the internet? That is exactly the problem I have with evangelicals, they just keep repeating what they are told by their leaders.
http://stopmasturbationnow.org/trending/california-forest-fire-caused-by-masturbation-accident/

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #916 on: August 07, 2014, 12:14:33 PM »

GordJ, you will find most of the anti's on this forum don't read what they post ... some of it has been so ridiculous and irrelevant it's actually comical. A good friend and perhaps the most vocal told me he doesn't bother to read the posts the pro farmers put up; said he hasn't the time :o

GordJ

« Reply #917 on: August 07, 2014, 09:33:33 PM »

GordJ, you will find most of the anti's on this forum don't read what they post ... some of it has been so ridiculous and irrelevant it's actually comical. A good friend and perhaps the most vocal told me he doesn't bother to read the posts the pro farmers put up; said he hasn't the time :o
I am still trying to decide what my opinion is about farms and it is about as logical as deciding between Protestant and Catholic or Sunni and Shia when you start reading. It is even more confusing to me because I first started to look at the issue when the "green" organizations were touting farms as a boon to wild fish because they would lessen pressure on wild stocks. Both sides, obviously, slant any information but I really have a problem with Morton's methods and persona so I tend to look at her "data" with a suspicious eye. Like any good religion she has followers who blindly go forth and spout her gospel and this causes me to investigate where the post originated and stuff like that.
I suppose that is not a bad thing and we should probably all look into issues ourselves and take some of the power away from special interest groups like Morton and the Farms and the media and give it to ourselves.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #918 on: August 08, 2014, 05:34:47 AM »

Oh so you don't do any due diligence at all, just copy and paste everything you read on the internet? That is exactly the problem I have with evangelicals, they just keep repeating what they are told by their leaders.
http://stopmasturbationnow.org/trending/california-forest-fire-caused-by-masturbation-accident/

I think you might be catching on Gord - because that describes Bawb's postings to a T. His master's bleatings Propaganda put forth,written, edited and published as gospel by the feedlots Did you read in my earlier posts about the moonscape around Saddle Island where family and friends that I grew up with can't fish any more? No lobster caught near there any more and that didn't start until Cooke put in a feedlot. You can dispute that, but you'd be dead wrong, and that's a simple fact. Coincidence I guess. Or about the devastation the same companies that set up shop here have inflicted on other countries? Of course not. It puts a pin in the feedlot balloon.

Marine Harvest for example.......( Your old buddy Don is quoted here Dave  ;))
http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2013/may/10/marine-harvest-salmon-farm-scottish-loch
http://

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #919 on: August 09, 2014, 07:09:26 AM »

Novabonker

• Old Timer

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #921 on: August 13, 2014, 07:15:21 AM »

Looks like if it is not caught, grown or farmed by the US, you will find it on the do not eat list. :)

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 07:25:33 AM by Fisherbob »

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #923 on: August 13, 2014, 09:03:36 PM »

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #924 on: August 14, 2014, 07:14:37 AM »

I am seeing lots of lice on the the salmon I am catching out in open water, and there is lots of salmon this returning this year again. I blame those fish farms for the great time I am having. :)

Novabonker

• Old Timer

banx

« Reply #926 on: August 14, 2014, 08:51:08 AM »

I think a whole fish farm is a "deleterious substance" according to that article.  ;)

...."14. The Submitters state that
[c]onfined salmon [in aquaculture operations] are fed concentrated fish feed,
commonly soaked in chemical treatments and antibiotics designed to remedy
parasite infestations (such as sea lice) and bacterial infections. Any unconsumed
feed, excrement, pesticides and antibiotics pass through the pens and enter the
surrounding environment. Decapod crustaceans such as crabs, lobsters, prawns
and shrimp, which are important scavengers in wild salmon habitat, tend to be
drawn to accumulate[d] discharge on the seabed beneath finfish aquaculture
operations.23"

sounds delicious

....."Submission cites a scientific article reporting that “some
sources of fish feed have been found to contain high levels of mercury.”24 The same scientific
article explains that fish farms produce “zones of anoxic sediment, a condition that promotes
conversion of inorganic mercury into the biaccumulative organometallic form
methylmercury,”25 and goes on to describe additional environmental effects. The same article
also states that “Elevated mercury concentrations in rockfish prey near net-pen salmon farms
likely result from a combination of mercury loading (in waste feed and fish feces26) and
mobilization of native and added mercury in sediment due to farm-induced anoxia.”27

Fisherbob

• Old Timer

banx

« Reply #928 on: August 14, 2014, 01:09:19 PM »

and a comment on the post of yours bob.... possibly from a lady who knows what she's talking about?  i'm not prepared to read another few hundred pages of articles so that I can post something of my "own" in this thread.

Angela Koch ·  Top Commenter · ABC
This reminds me of the Mt Polley tailings disaster where the water is almost good enough to drink...and when those with vested interests do this study, well the fish are almost good enough to eat...mind you, if Gary Marty did this study with his homemade easy bake oven testing equipment, well then, it must be true....So I take it we should just overlook the Norwegian strain in BC's PRV?....and how convenient to find out that PRV causes HSMI everywhere else in the world except for Canada,....aren't we just so freaking lucky!

absolon

• Old Timer
« Reply #929 on: August 14, 2014, 03:31:16 PM »