Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Get your facts straight?  (Read 1339039 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Get your facts straight?
« Reply #2325 on: August 21, 2016, 06:55:45 PM »

Good move by Morton to get First Nations to fight her battles so she can keep her hands cleaner but sad that they are being manipulated and used like this. Morton has them so convinced that diesese is running rampant on fish farms with nothing more than her misinformed opinion. You would think that if diesese was so prevalent as indicated in the video that there would be thousands and thousands of morts. Instead, Morton has this particular First Nation convinced that the dead Atlantic Salmon (not wild Pacific Salmon as alleged) in these totes represent the actual population on the farm. No big achievement on her part. No science.  Just need a camera, access to social media, and maybe some high profile help from Hollywood actors/actresses and activists.  Just goes to show how some use the power of social media to strike fear and misinform. I also feel bad for those fish farm employees who are put in a difficult situation where need to secure the farm, but tread a fine so that situation doesn't get more inflamed.
Just to put the record straight, First Nations have been involved with this situation for a long time.

Not a big deal but you may wish to correct your spelling of disease.

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #2326 on: August 21, 2016, 08:31:10 PM »

Just to put the record straight, First Nations have been involved with this situation for a long time.

Not a big deal but you may wish to correct your spelling of disease.

Would that record include Morton's involvement with them? Do you believe she has very little or a great deal of influence in their decisions about fish farms?

Thanks for noticing the typo. I will correct it, but I have given your posts an easy ride in that department.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2327 on: August 22, 2016, 03:28:33 AM »

Would that record include Morton's involvement with them? Do you believe she has very little or a great deal of influence in their decisions about fish farms?

Thanks for noticing the typo. I will correct it, but I have given your posts an easy ride in that department.
Yes, but I donot have much of an education, in that department or Math too Terry B. tells me.lol

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #2328 on: August 22, 2016, 10:21:43 PM »

Yes, but I donot have much of an education, in that department or Math too Terry B. tells me.lol

I like chocolate donots.

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #2329 on: August 23, 2016, 10:15:48 AM »

"In fact, average annual returns of pink salmon have been higher during the 15 years since salmon farming began in the Broughton than they were during the previous 35 years."

http://greenspiritstrategies.com/alexandra-morton/

Easywater

• Old Timer

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2331 on: August 25, 2016, 04:35:25 PM »

http://thetyee.ca/News/2016/08/25/RCMP-Arrest-Indigenous-Fish-Farm-Protestors/
I was in Vancouver yesterday on the front lines filming and taking pictures, This is the first of 12 I filmed. I did not get arrested and the Vancouver Police where very helpful as we set up on the center of the street for part of the rally in support of those that were arrested. FB and SS will love to attack us on this action. ;D ;D

https://youtu.be/vdWxekTVZhY

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2332 on: August 26, 2016, 03:14:46 AM »

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #2333 on: August 26, 2016, 06:18:46 AM »

"That same year the federal government paid $4.1 million to two other corporations for the loss of farmed fish from the same virus in B.C. waters. The federal government has compensated corporate fish farms for disease losses with nearly $100 million in payments since 2011."

Nothing like a nice payday if things go wrong. Foreign corporations getting wads of Canadian taxpayer cash because things didn't work out. Defend that gravy boat boys.
http://

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #2334 on: August 26, 2016, 11:42:07 AM »

https://www.voyageforsalmon.ca/first-hard-evidence/
This is a great example of why so many of us consider Almo a joke.  She gets herself in a tizzy over an Atlantic salmon eating a juvenile herring, but sits idle and says nothing when commercial boats harvest thousands of tons of adult herring annually ???  As Bassonator used to say, it is to laugh.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #2335 on: August 26, 2016, 11:45:15 AM »

Defend that gravy boat boys.
That has been defended many time before on this site Nova. Take it up with the CFIA as it's their regulations. Or maybe lobby your MP and see where that gets you ;D

Easywater

• Old Timer
« Reply #2336 on: August 26, 2016, 02:18:03 PM »

The defence is:

It is no different from a chicken farm that gets wiped out by bird flu.

However, not too many chicken farmers locate their farms next to known sources of infection.
The effect of the virus in Pacific salmon on Atlantic salmon should prohibit Altantics from ever being raised here.

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
  • They don't call'em fish for nothin.
« Reply #2337 on: August 26, 2016, 03:10:36 PM »

This is a great example of why so many of us consider Almo a joke.  She gets herself in a tizzy over an Atlantic salmon eating a juvenile herring, but sits idle and says nothing when commercial boats harvest thousands of tons of adult herring annually ???  As Bassonator used to say, it is to laugh.

Ya, this is pathetic.  Those fish are dropping out of the population so they are near the surface at the edges looking not so great.  You see this in fish hatcheries as well.  What she doesn't show you is the other 99% of the population doing fine schooling normally.  This sampling strategy is the same method she uses when showing see lice.  Only showing what she hopes to be a gullible public.  Nothing new here, far from proof of anything other than her selective sampling display. 
Chicken farm, pig farm, cow farm, fish farm.

Novabonker

• Old Timer
« Reply #2338 on: August 26, 2016, 06:25:11 PM »

That has been defended many time before on this site Nova. Take it up with the CFIA as it's their regulations. Or maybe lobby your MP and see where that gets you ;D

You can't defend the indefensible.
http://

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #2339 on: August 26, 2016, 09:38:35 PM »

The defence is:

It is no different from a chicken farm that gets wiped out by bird flu.

However, not too many chicken farmers locate their farms next to known sources of infection.
The effect of the virus in Pacific salmon on Atlantic salmon should prohibit Altantics from ever being raised here.

As the thread title says....Get your facts straight.....
http://www.cdc.gov/flu/avianflu/avian-in-birds.htm