Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Get your facts straight?  (Read 1342349 times)

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
Re: Get your facts straight?
« Reply #1275 on: January 16, 2015, 06:57:45 PM »

Since you want to paddle that route Chris and you seem to be doing a lot of gunnel rubbing lately. :)
http://www.buzzle.com/articles/are-polar-bears-endangered.html
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 07:11:41 PM by Fisherbob »

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #1276 on: January 16, 2015, 09:33:25 PM »

Of course they will say this, out of the ocean altogether and then there will no environmental impact. ;D ;D

Let's shut down recreational, commercial and First Nations fisheries also and then there will be no environmental impact there either.  Let's stop harassing fish by impaling them with hooks and playing them until exhaustion for our selfish benefit or intercepting them in mixed stock commercial fisheries. More wild salmon on the spawning grounds - sounds great, eh?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #1277 on: January 18, 2015, 04:40:09 PM »

This is why one is concened about what we hear from the governmnet about FF, can one deny that?

"Members of the union have complained bitterly about what they claim is the muzzling of federal scientists and political interference with their work."

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/11/07/canada-scientists-harper_n_6124598.html

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #1278 on: January 18, 2015, 07:54:30 PM »

Old news.  Do you anything more up to date?

I know you have been disappointed in those you have backed politically... they did not live up to your expectations or perhaps, possibly, they found faults in your arguments ..
Personally, for the most part, I have trust in the people we elected to make these decisions, and the government people mandated to enforce them.
Call me naïve if you like but at some time, imo, we have to let the officials we put in place do their jobs.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 07:56:52 PM by Dave »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #1279 on: January 18, 2015, 09:34:57 PM »

Old news.  Do you anything more up to date?

I know you have been disappointed in those you have backed politically... they did not live up to your expectations or perhaps, possibly, they found faults in your arguments ..
Personally, for the most part, I have trust in the people we elected to make these decisions, and the government people mandated to enforce them.
Call me naïve if you like but at some time, imo, we have to let the officials we put in place do their jobs.
Unfortunately the 2 major parties presently in power in Canada, one being in our province will probably go down in history as the worse every when it comes to looking after our environment and bringing in bills to further their agenda.

Not sure why they were elected last time, maybe because their is a lot of naive people that voted them in?

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #1280 on: January 19, 2015, 08:24:06 AM »

Not sure why they were elected last time, maybe because their is a lot of naive people that voted them in?
It could also be that there is few naive people that did not vote them in. :)

Fisherbob

• Old Timer

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
  • They don't call'em fish for nothin.
Chicken farm, pig farm, cow farm, fish farm.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #1283 on: January 19, 2015, 12:37:55 PM »

http://bellona.org/news/uncategorized/2009-01-dyes-in-salmon
Thanks interesting, I like the comment at the end of the article.

"What a load of manure! Eating astaxanthin in farmed salmon DOES make your eyes go bad and I'm living proof. My eyes were just fine until I started eating that garbage. Now, seven years later, I can't even drive without glasses. I had 20/20 vision my entire life until then." ;D ;D ;D

Going out shortly to catch a wild fish for supper. ;D

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #1284 on: January 19, 2015, 01:04:52 PM »

My eyes were just fine until I hit 45. (Typical age for body parts to start dropping off from what I was told from "real" educated people at the time.)  "Could" have been from eating too many carrots that I have to drive with glasses since then LOL. Oh, and all the prawns, lobster, and all the wild salmon I ate back then. Our eyes go later in life. Sad, but a fact of life. How is your vision Chris? Mine has not changed since I was 45. Still hold the ole class 1. How I wish to be young and "naive" again Chirs, and at the same time happy to be old and learn from the past.  BTW Chris, since it seems you like to stir the bs pot, you may want to try licking your spoon. :)
« Last Edit: January 19, 2015, 05:39:53 PM by Fisherbob »

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #1285 on: January 19, 2015, 05:52:55 PM »

Thanks interesting, I like the comment at the end of the article.

"What a load of manure! Eating astaxanthin in farmed salmon DOES make your eyes go bad and I'm living proof. My eyes were just fine until I started eating that garbage. Now, seven years later, I can't even drive without glasses. I had 20/20 vision my entire life until then." ;D ;D ;D

Hope you release that wild fish 8)

When you do bonk a hatchery, remember that fish was fed basically the same diet as would be fed to a farmed Atlantic, land based or sea pen raised. Remember also, the eggs from your hatchery steelhead were treated with formaldehyde to prevent fungal infections and the subsequent fry/parr were most likely treated with an antibiotic sometime during their one year stay at the Chilliwack River hatchery :o
Enjoy your fish when you catch it, as am I; good buddy just dropped one off ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #1286 on: January 19, 2015, 06:06:46 PM »

Hope you release that wild fish 8)

When you do bonk a hatchery, remember that fish was fed basically the same diet as would be fed to a farmed Atlantic, land based or sea pen raised. Remember also, the eggs from your hatchery steelhead were treated with formaldehyde to prevent fungal infections and the subsequent fry/parr were most likely treated with an antibiotic sometime during their one year stay at the Chilliwack River hatchery :o
Enjoy your fish when you catch it, as am I; good buddy just dropped one off ;D
Well I lost it this afternoon but did not like having it break of and lose my Maple Leaf Drennan.

Of course your comparison above does not hold much water as the steelhead are out on their own in the ocean for 2 plus years while the net penned fish spend their whole life in a pen, that is unless they escape which happens a number of times. :P

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #1287 on: January 19, 2015, 06:09:17 PM »

Time to replace your line perhaps? how old is it  ;D ;D ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #1288 on: January 19, 2015, 06:56:38 PM »

Time to replace your line perhaps? how old is it  ;D ;D ;D
New but there was no way to stop the fish in the fast water, too big to stop too. ;D

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #1289 on: January 19, 2015, 07:05:28 PM »

And you are trying to tell me how to save wild salmon LOL.  ::)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 08:13:07 AM by Fisherbob »