Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Get your facts straight?  (Read 1342259 times)

Dave

• Old Timer
Re: Get your facts straight?
« Reply #1260 on: January 12, 2015, 06:18:58 PM »

http://www.undercurrentnews.com/2015/01/12/marine-harvest-confirms-suspected-escape/

This is prime example of why you need to get up to speed my friend ... Pacific coast Atlantic salmon farmers don't have the problems of the East coast, that is possible escaped fish breeding with wild Atlantic's because here there are none.  Atlantic's breeding with Pacific's results in two happy fish but no offspring ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #1261 on: January 12, 2015, 07:38:39 PM »

Sounds as nasty as the millions of Atlantics that were released in the pacific for sport fishing since the early 1900s. :) And btw Chris, any farmed animal or fowl has a period of time after medication before consumtion. Just saying.  ::)
http://www.salmonfarmers.org/sites/default/files/research-resources/timeline_atlantics.pdf
You keep bringing up the past,getting bad as the BC Liberals talking about the nineties when the NDP were in power. ::)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #1262 on: January 12, 2015, 07:42:32 PM »

This is prime example of why you need to get up to speed my friend ... Pacific coast Atlantic salmon farmers don't have the problems of the East coast, that is possible escaped fish breeding with wild Atlantic's because here there are none.  Atlantic's breeding with Pacific's results in two happy fish but no offspring ;D
Starting to sound like 3 fish van Dongen. Now I am bringing up the past. http://www.strategicthoughts.com/record2003/2fish.htm

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #1263 on: January 12, 2015, 09:52:38 PM »

Starting to sound like 3 fish van Dongen. Now I am bringing up the past. http://www.strategicthoughts.com/record2003/2fish.htm
You may be right Chris. I kind of sound like you. Cant suck as many people in if they know what happened in the past. A little history digging never hurts my friend.  :)

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #1264 on: January 12, 2015, 10:00:04 PM »

You keep bringing up the past,getting bad as the BC Liberals talking about the nineties when the NDP were in power. ::)
The only thing wrong with the past is not knowing or learning from it Chris. I learned my lesson from donating to a person that never gets it right and is far from open about where her donations go. Morton should lead the way if she expects every one else to be open and honest.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 10:14:00 PM by Fisherbob »

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #1265 on: January 12, 2015, 10:04:52 PM »

Pretty sure that was written by Paige Ackerman, a woman I used to work with.  Great read Bob!

Pretty certain also. Smart cookie. Definitely not the person Morton would want to debate. It would be like me challenging Lebron James to a game of one-on-one basketball. Unfortunately, this doesn't resonate with the anti-fish farm followers because Morton is seen as larger than life to them.

If Morton is looking to debate why doesn't she come back onto this site and talk to us mere mortals who are not doctors like she is?  Instead she took off after my response to her post on PRV and hasn't posted here since. Disappeared like that Quesnel Lake sampling donation money.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #1266 on: January 13, 2015, 09:00:11 AM »

Pretty certain also. Smart cookie. Definitely not the person Morton would want to debate. It would be like me challenging Lebron James to a game of one-on-one basketball. Unfortunately, this doesn't resonate with the anti-fish farm followers because Morton is seen as larger than life to them.

If Morton is looking to debate why doesn't she come back onto this site and talk to us mere mortals who are not doctors like she is?  Instead she took off after my response to her post on PRV and hasn't posted here since. Disappeared like that Quesnel Lake sampling donation money.
Of course talking to people whose names you do not know is not always the best senario. People hid behind this fact on some social media sites and forums like this, at least I have mine out there for better or worse.

Of course it makes one famous. ::) ;D ;D :D :D

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #1267 on: January 13, 2015, 12:19:52 PM »

Of course talking to people whose names you do not know is not always the best senario. People hid behind this fact on some social media sites and forums like this, at least I have mine out there for better or worse.

Doesnt seem to work in Doc Mortons case at all. What has she got right Chris? Perhaps if Morton was more transparent about her work and funds she could be trusted in what she preaches. :)

shuswapsteve

• Old Timer
« Reply #1268 on: January 13, 2015, 10:52:15 PM »

Well talking to people whose names you do not know is probably not the best thing to do if you are on some dating site or they plan to meet up with you in some dark alley in Surrey for the first time and you have never met them before.  If the anonymous person is just being abusive and threatening and is not bringing anything to the table to discuss then I agree that talking to those people is not a good thing to do. However, not sure how your concerns apply if the individual, anonymous or not, is talking about the issues and is not being abusive to the point of being kicked off a forum - especially if the individual has knowledge on the topic to contribute.

Personally, I think Morton just uses that as an excuse not to engage the other person because she is afraid of coming up against someone that will call her on what she has been saying. Her Facebook page and her blog are generally big love-ins where she has the power to remove any post she feels is not worthy; whereas, on fishing forums and news media sites she has no power to edit or remove posts. When she is on here she is a member like anyone else, even the anonymous individuals, and there is no way she can control what is said. Additionally, she is more comfortable on sites where there is ample support for her. She is more than willing to feed the propaganda to her followers from her blog or FB page and have them take the bullet on the sites she can't control.  She can keep her hands cleaner that way.  That is why she uses that excuse.

When Morton was last here on this board nobody to my knowledge was being abusive to her. However, there were questions raised by some of us as well as some rebuttal to what she posted. Instead, she took off and left it up to her followers to answer for her.  If her theories are so correct she should have no problem discussing them on places like this.  Right now, Morton is preaching to the converted and staunch supporters which really is not very productive.   The population base she is unable to crack are the educated ones (including practical experience)that actually know something about Pacific Salmon, pathogens, diseases, habitat, etc....as well as something about aquaculture. 

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #1269 on: January 14, 2015, 08:46:15 AM »

Of course talking to people whose names you do not know is not always the best scenario. People hid behind this fact on some social media sites and forums like this, at least I have mine out there for better or worse.

So true Chris.

She smart enough to not want to debate with fish farmers who deny that they are were etc. She got that right. Good on her for not wasting her time coming back here. These anti Morton people are making her sound like a goddess for crying out loud. A legend for decades to come thanks to all the things attributed to her. She doesn't have to reply here they do that for her like minions under her spell. Fascinating really. Can't wait to see what they post next. :P
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #1270 on: January 14, 2015, 11:57:44 AM »

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #1271 on: January 16, 2015, 10:02:51 AM »

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #1272 on: January 16, 2015, 11:05:23 AM »

Short but interesting. :)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?list=PL8D5CCA9B68FD596F&index=8&v=2Jm-NghKyuA
Of course they will say this, out of the ocean altogether and then there will no environmental impact. ;D ;D

Fisherbob

• Old Timer
« Reply #1273 on: January 16, 2015, 11:44:31 AM »

Of course they will say this, out of the ocean altogether and then there will no environmental impact. ;D ;D
  Really ?  ::)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #1274 on: January 16, 2015, 05:37:12 PM »

http://www.ipolitics.ca/2015/01/15/meet-the-real-stephen-harper/

"Of course he doesn’t. He didn’t want a factual record on endangered polar bears or salmon farm pollution. And remember, this is the guy who didn’t mind selling asbestos to other countries when it was being treated as a deadly carcinogen here in Canada."