Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Action wanted on illegal dumping on Chilliwack trails  (Read 6576 times)

roeman

Re: Action wanted on illegal dumping on Chilliwack trails
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2013, 09:51:20 PM »

One way to cut down, maybe not eliminate, is to make garbage dumps free.
Would not solve the problems of empty shells but might help a little.
Are you fishin or catchin

Dogbreath

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2013, 09:59:36 PM »

Fraser Valley=ghetto.

SteelheadAdict

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2013, 10:29:18 PM »

Fraser Valley=ghetto.

lol to bad its true :P

norton

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, 09:57:37 PM »

Dogbreath& steelhead addict= losers!

Dogbreath

« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, 10:20:40 PM »

Dogbreath& steelhead addict= losers!

Thanks for the personal attack-however far from being a 'loser' I'm a BC'er who's fished the Fraser Valley & environs since the earth cooled literally decades and has seen the place head straight into the toilet these past 40+ years.

Some of the lousiest schools imaginable have produced generations of the lowest class of people-knuckle dragging idiots of the coarsest type and if you need proof look @ the garbage in those photos-is that how educated responsible people act?

I have literally been driven off rivers like the Chilliwack/Vedder and Chehalis by garbage throwing masses I just can't stomach the windrows of garbage a person has to navigate through parking lots and river banks in order to cast a line-Please don't tell me if I bushwack for a few minutes I can leave the messes behind-they are still there as are the dimwits who create them.

Yes I'm aware of efforts to clean up rivers in the valley but it all amounts to a drop in the bucket-eco systems are buckling under human induced pressure and you have the temerity to attack me/call names like a 9 yo kid-Congratulations!

SteelheadAdict

« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013, 10:44:04 PM »

Thanks for the personal attack-however far from being a 'loser' I'm a BC'er who's fished the Fraser Valley & environs since the earth cooled literally decades and has seen the place head straight into the toilet these past 40+ years.

Some of the lousiest schools imaginable have produced generations of the lowest class of people-knuckle dragging idiots of the coarsest type and if you need proof look @ the garbage in those photos-is that how educated responsible people act?

I have literally been driven off rivers like the Chilliwack/Vedder and Chehalis by garbage throwing masses I just can't stomach the windrows of garbage a person has to navigate through parking lots and river banks in order to cast a line-Please don't tell me if I bushwack for a few minutes I can leave the messes behind-they are still there as are the dimwits who create them.

Yes I'm aware of efforts to clean up rivers in the valley but it all amounts to a drop in the bucket-eco systems are buckling under human induced pressure and you have the temerity to attack me/call names like a 9 yo kid-Congratulations!

dog breath is right its disgusting the amount of disrespect and puer ignorance our watters receive i gives good people like us bad namse for example look at the stave go and parka at the trailer park up by the dam and walk the trails and see how mutch crap is there an go there during salmon season all the fish they all the snaggers have brought up with them and decide to throw them in bush and leave them there cuase dfos is ahed of them or they decide they just dont want them any more nother good example go up to peg leg and gill road and look at all the matresses and glass and all this crap and theses guys that bettey fish with frigin 15 foot leaders they leave all there birds nests they cut out of there reels (not saying only bettie chukers do this) on the ground and all there beer cans u packed it in pack it out its lighter than it was on the way in maybey its time some real action is takin on these people who throw there SH!* around

big_fish

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2013, 10:50:05 PM »

dog breath is right its disgusting the amount of disrespect and puer ignorance our watters receive i gives good people like us bad namse for example look at the stave go and parka at the trailer park up by the dam and walk the trails and see how mutch crap is there an go there during salmon season all the fish they all the snaggers have brought up with them and decide to throw them in bush and leave them there cuase dfos is ahed of them or they decide they just dont want them any more nother good example go up to peg leg and gill road and look at all the matresses and glass and all this crap and theses guys that bettey fish with frigin 15 foot leaders they leave all there birds nests they cut out of there reels (not saying only bettie chukers do this) on the ground and all there beer cans u packed it in pack it out its lighter than it was on the way in maybey its time some real action is takin on these people who throw there SH!* around

One gotta wonder what goes on between those two ears.

norton

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2013, 09:44:29 AM »

I agree bigfish! The garbage problem isn't isolated to this area. It's like this all over the country. I guess it's a lack of respect for the environment. Drive any road in b.c. And you'll see it. Thank god for Chris and Lew and the chilliwack river cleanup crew, for all their work to  help keep it clean. To any fisherman who reads this , take a garbage bag with you next time you go fishing
And clean up an area. Only takes a minute.

Bavarian Raven

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2013, 11:32:54 AM »

Not exactly a river but if I may share a story and in a round-about way make a point...

Several years ago, on my daily walk around my neighbourhood I finally got disgusted at seeing all the garbage along the sidewalks and curbs. So I began cleaning up the junk (I live by a bus-stop and it was really bad there). As time went on, I began to clean further and further up and down the street. Now I do the entire two kilometers of my street and some of the side streets as well. One thing I have noticed is that each week there is less and less garbage being dropped.When i fist began I only had to go a block to get a full bag of trash, now i don't even get a half a bag from the entire street (except after halloween. lol).

Basically what it seems to boil down to is, if people are use to seeing garbage strewn about the place, there are more willing to litter themselves. But if a place is clean and tidy, they seem less likely to throw out their trash, etc. Now there are always some idiots who will litter, etc, but I find by keeping a place clean it stays cleaner.

Now I always try to volunteer for the Coquitlam River clean-up and do my part, as well as pick up trash when i am out hiking, etc... it just seems that most people these days are too lazy to go out and do something constructive with their time.  :'(

But that being said, I am not sure if there is a clear-cut solution to the problem in question. I hope that a solution can be found and soon. Cheers.

big_fish

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2013, 06:49:23 PM »

Sure looks pretty clean the day after Celebration of Lights... Vancouver's not ghetto at all.

norton

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2013, 09:32:37 PM »

That couldn't be Vancouver bigfish, they would never litter there! Must be chilliwack where all us knuckle draggers live. Lol.

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2013, 12:17:46 PM »

Sure looks pretty clean the day after Celebration of Lights... Vancouver's not ghetto at all.

Looks like Cultus Lake....lol
Take the T out of Morton.

Dogbreath

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2013, 09:25:56 PM »

That couldn't be Vancouver bigfish, they would never litter there! Must be chilliwack where all us knuckle draggers live.....
That's actually a few blocks from where I've lived since the late 70's the guy in the orange vest is part of the paid clean up crew that starts @ 07:00 hrs picking up after all the suburbanites and their kids have come down to see the show-it will all be gone in under three hours always is.

City taxpayers like me pay for the crews to clean this up-we literally shell out so others can enjoy themselves and we don't begrudge anyone anything it's a gorgeous place and we don't mind sharing.

Event organisers get tagged for policing costs mainly traffic organising again since most event goers drive in.

If you'd like to more about the event I'd be happy to share my experiences dealing with 100,000+ people in my front yard 3-4  times a year.

The cheap shot artist who posted that photo must be feeling about a millimeter high right about now unsurprisingly.

adriaticum

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2013, 03:18:38 PM »

Fraser Valley=ghetto.

Ha,ha dogbreath, you need to apply for a job at Circe du Soleil.
Actually I think dogbreath has a point.
We should start charging "non Fraser Valley" folk a passage tax.
You would see a cleanup real quick.

So dogbreath you are saying that you guys are spreading this trash culture and then just pay to have it cleaned up.
Nice!
« Last Edit: March 06, 2013, 03:20:13 PM by adriaticum »