Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Living in Sardis?  (Read 14642 times)

gw105

Living in Sardis?
« on: January 23, 2013, 09:07:38 PM »

We are currently thinking about moving to the Sardis area from Abbotsford, and I'm wondering if anyone on the forums has any good info or advice about the area?  I have heard that crime is a concern in Chilliwack, but I'm not sure how true that is.  The cost of living seems somewhat lower in the area than other areas in the Fraser Valley.  Haven't heard to much about the schools.  We have one in elementary and one in middle school.  Of course one big benefit would be being closer to the Vedder and more fishing opportunities :)   Any info would be greatly appreciated, and if I'm posting in the wrong area, I apologize in advance!   Thanks!

naka21

• Arie Nakagawa
Re: Living in Sardis?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2013, 09:22:32 PM »

are you looking to buy or rent a place. There are some really nice homes off peach road being put in. I know the builder personally and he does good work, and my brothers just bought one and there is two more going up right beside it. they start at 394 and up and are very nice and right beside the river!

gw105

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 09:41:08 PM »

Looking to buy, but not new.  Have been looking at a few places , just not terribly familiar with the area.

Kenwee

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 10:55:41 PM »

I moved from Mission to Sardis,and requested my realtor to get me a home around Keith Wilson Road which must have a bedroom on the main floor for my aged mother who lives with us. Most homes do not have a bedroom on the main. She found a town house in McLaren for me which had what I wanted. The best thing is that is is just 4 minutes and you are on the dyke and into the Peach Rd. runs.

I cannot say how happy I am living in Sardis. I can fish anytime I want and also walk or cycle on the dyke as and when I want. Its ideal for me and my needs. A bonus is that we have the 4th best water in the world too.

eddy

• Sea Lice? What Sea Lice?
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2013, 08:56:28 AM »

The schools are all excellent. I brought 3 kids through the system, one graduated in 2012 from GW Graham. They all have excellent sports and music programs.
Shopping is excellent as well with several near new neighbourhood centres in Sardis. You would be minutes from the Chilliwack/Vedder system, very close to fantastic fishing bars on the Fraser, Cultus Lake is in your backyard, fantastic hiking and biking trails, and the list goes on. This is god's country. Welcome.  :)

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2013, 06:53:11 PM »

Not a good Idea. My cars been broken it, and my Rod and reel have been stolen twice. Just the other day Chris Gadsdens truck got stolen. Its a big risk living out here, good luck.
The Bigger The Better!

island boy

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2013, 08:29:44 PM »

have lived here in sardis for 12 years and love it. never been a victim of crime or anything. i like the small town feel
you kill it, you clean it.

bigrig

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2013, 09:30:35 PM »

Obviously crime happens anywhere and everywhere!
Sardis is a great choice

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2013, 09:59:21 PM »

Not a good Idea. My cars been broken it, and my Rod and reel have been stolen twice. Just the other day Chris Gadsdens truck got stolen. Its a big risk living out here, good luck.

Maybe he should move to Surrey where they have had 4 murders in the last week. Every place has crime. Dont let things like what he said detour you. I dont live in Sardis but if you fall in love with it before moving take a chance. Life is too short to not take chances.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 10:01:59 PM »

Breaking news!

Sardis property value soars overnight due to a sudden spike of interest from the recreational fishing community... :o

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 10:02:12 PM »

You forgot to mention that there are no fish in the river either.....   ;D
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 10:14:11 PM »

By the way 3 cars were broken into tonight just above the crossing bridge.
The Bigger The Better!

gw105

« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2013, 10:36:36 PM »

Wow thanks everyone for the overwhelming responses!!  Must admit I got a chuckle from some of the posts... seems to me like Sardis is a love it or hate it place lol. 

I have spent some time in the area, and I must agree I do like the small town feel.  Seems like not many communities these days are without property crime.  I must admit I get a much better feeling in the Sardis area than Chilliwack north of the highway.

Would be great to get some fishing in during the week after work as opposed to weekends.... even though there's no fish in the river and my car will be broken into LOL.  ;D

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2013, 01:03:47 AM »

Sardis use to have the dubious distinction of most church's per capita. Thus the backlash from Beelzebub with crime and car thefts to even the playing field.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2013, 12:46:15 PM »

Been living in Sardis for 10 yrs now. Got the heck out of Surrey,where i grew up.Great place to raise a family. Good schools. Never been a victim of crime. Beautiful view of the mountains from my back deck.Close to the Vedd,Cultas lake,Chillliwack lake and the Fraser. ;D