Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Living in Sardis?  (Read 14638 times)

Dennis.t

• Old Timer
Re: Living in Sardis?
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2013, 04:50:32 PM »

Hey Big Fisher,do you think maybe the break ins are targeted? Thieves who wait and watch for anglers who park along the river,knowing they wont be back to the viehicle for awhile? I dont count that as the town of Sardis having a big crime problem. I haved lived in the same house for 10 yrs and none of my nieghbors have ever been broken into. Nor do i know anyone in my circle of friends and aqaintances who live in other parts of Sardis to have suffered a break in. I suggest you stop parking beside the river and which is obviously a crime area. ::) In no way does this reflect upon the nice people we have living here in Sardis. ;D ps, I grew up in Surrey,and haved lived in many different parts of this country due to my work.Hands down,Sardis is where i will stay. Proud to be raising my son in this great town. ;)

hillbros_96

« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2013, 06:45:06 PM »

are you looking to buy or rent a place. There are some really nice homes off peach road being put in. I know the builder personally and he does good work, and my brothers just bought one and there is two more going up right beside it. they start at 394 and up and are very nice and right beside the river!

I just live down the street from these houses.  The 2 minute walk to the river is way to long and I would not recommend it.  On the serious side, it definitely has a small town feel.  The Chilliwack side does have a higher crime rate then the Sardis side.  I do not think you will regret it.  The neighborhood I live in is excellent, with the kids being safe to play around the neighborhood.  Have 2 in elementary school with the third staring next year.

flyrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2013, 10:40:47 PM »

I live just off of South Sumas and Tyson for the past 8 1/2 years.  Great neighbourhood with quality schools.  I am a Mortgage Broker and have awesome realtor contacts if anyone is looking to buy in Chilliwack/Sardis area.  Oh yes, the smell from the farms, orchards, mills and burning only lasts 11 of the 12 months of the year!!!  Other than that life is great in the country. 

liketofish

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2013, 03:56:28 PM »

Oh that terrible manure smell from the farm!!! I usually held my breath when driving through the farm stretch and hit the rotten air pocket. Not sure how any one can stay around the house to smell it for more than 10 minutes. Do you guys smell it in the area around Peach Rd? It is probably better air to live up the hill like those lovely houses on the hills around the Crossing bridge. How much those cost?

Noahs Arc

• Old Timer
« Reply #34 on: February 04, 2013, 04:25:24 PM »

Cow manure is like chicken soup for the soul... Builds character.
Pig cupcakes on the other hand...

Kenwee

« Reply #35 on: February 04, 2013, 05:25:51 PM »

What smell. I've lived here since July 2012 and never had any bad smell, yes the Peach Road area.

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2013, 06:38:00 PM »

Oh that terrible manure smell from the farm!!!

You get use to it...
Believe it or not, I actually miss it being out on the island. That good ole home town smell!

farky

« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2013, 09:37:00 PM »

Usually the only time i notice it is when i see the tractor pulling the wagon,or after being on an extended trip away.

gw105

« Reply #38 on: February 06, 2013, 04:19:16 PM »

Yeah I must admit there was a pretty foul smell coming from Evans last weekend lol

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #39 on: February 06, 2013, 05:31:15 PM »

Yeah I must admit there was a pretty foul smell coming from Evans last weekend lol
That's not manure, its rotting Brussel sprouts.  For some reason farmers left a lot in the fields, rather than harvest them.

liketofish

• Old Timer
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2013, 06:27:24 PM »

I smelt that foul air usually early Spring when the farms spread manures to the fields. It usually is west of Lickman. Get used to it? Wow.  ;D
Probably need to spray lot of air freshener around the house to get rid of the smell. I am happy to hear that Peach Rd area is free of those smell. It is nice area to retire to some day.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2013, 06:50:39 PM »

That's not manure, its rotting Brussel sprouts.  For some reason farmers left a lot in the fields, rather than harvest them.
Were they left behind because of a virus. ;D ;D ;D

gw105

« Reply #42 on: February 06, 2013, 07:12:28 PM »

Wow I knew it wasn't manure...... but brussel sprouts??? lol

Kenwee

« Reply #43 on: February 06, 2013, 07:38:45 PM »

If you are into fishing, this is the best place to live in. Also, in the summer time you can get the sweetest corn in BC , maybe even anywhere in the world. I love Sardis?

gw105

« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2013, 07:57:22 PM »

Yes I've had Chilliwack corn and it is amazing!!