Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack River, November 13th 2012: Last kick in the can  (Read 8099 times)

Brian the fisherman

Re: Chilliwack River, November 13th 2012: Last kick in the can
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2012, 11:17:50 PM »

I had a double hernia operation 4 years ago, and the recovery time is decent, you will be good to go in the peak of the season i bet. Just walk careful on the slippery rocks or have a buddy close to ya just in case.
Thanks for all the excellent reports for the coho season. and good luck with your surgery.
Tight lines to all

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2012, 03:09:10 PM »

I had a double hernia operation 4 years ago, and the recovery time is decent, you will be good to go in the peak of the season i bet. Just walk careful on the slippery rocks or have a buddy close to ya just in case.
Thanks for all the excellent reports for the coho season. and good luck with your surgery.

Thank you Bryan and all other well- wishers.
I am back home now after the surgery and it seems everything is fine. The pain is manageable (thank God for T3's).
I will take it really easy for a while...I expect to be back in full force in a couple of months.

Cheers,

Milo

jacked55

« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2012, 03:11:24 PM »

best wishes for a fast recovery.

Rantalot

• Old Timer
  • If you cast they will come
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2012, 03:29:22 PM »

Good luck!! I never fully recovered from mine so be careful and dont try to do to much to fast!

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2012, 04:44:17 PM »

Rest up you ugly bugger ;) Thanks to you I may have found my mojo (been out 5 times since we fished together!) so I look forward to showing you guts and crustaceans will outfish plastic anyday!! :D

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2012, 11:21:57 PM »

Rest up you ugly bugger ;) Thanks to you I may have found my mojo (been out 5 times since we fished together!) so I look forward to showing you guts and crustaceans will outfish plastic anyday!! :D

Thank you baby-face.  :D
As for your guts and crustaceans outfishing my plastics...we'll see. On most occasions they will, but it is priceless when they don't.  :)

FreshyPT

« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2012, 12:09:34 AM »

Milo,
I have not met you yet but I am glad the surgery is complete and with no "bad". You are a good man for cleaning up the river too - fish first before everyone else =) Cheers and get well soon.
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at work.
~ Just Keep Fishing ~

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2012, 12:32:15 PM »

Whhhaaaatttt? You're fishing that much! Holy, does that mean you might actually get out for some winter steel?

Good luck with the speedy recovery Milo!
Probably see ya out there at some point in the season.

Cheers,
Dan

Brian the fisherman

« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2012, 03:19:27 PM »

I know ill find you one time or another out there everyday :)
hopefully we can weigh a fish in on the 26th :P
Tight lines to all

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2012, 03:29:13 PM »

I know ill find you one time or another out there everyday :)
hopefully we can weigh a fish in on the 26th :P
I have decided to catch the first Winter like last year from this forum, oh I forgot was second last year to Buck. ;D

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: November 17, 2012, 04:40:10 PM »

Whhhaaaatttt? You're fishing that much! Holy, does that mean you might actually get out for some winter steel?
Yeah, I think so but probably more with a 2 hander than gear but that's subject to change, especially if Gadsden is outcatching me ;D

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: November 17, 2012, 06:21:23 PM »

Hey Milo, glad to hear the operation went well. I had the same operation many years ago and the highlight to that was when a beautiful nurse came in and asked if I'd like a hot oil massage to relax me, no kidding. My eye's just about popped out of my head. I said, Uh sure, sounds great. Not sure if they still offer that kind of service at hospitals today but it sure relaxed me, sort of.  ;D

Anyway all the Best to you and its Great to hear that you're on the mend. As another poster mentioned I too have never met you but I sure enjoy what you post. Very smart and very insightful and a big Thank You for that. Get well soon and hopefully we'll meet up on the flow sometime down the road.

Brian the fisherman

« Reply #27 on: November 17, 2012, 06:46:18 PM »

I have decided to catch the first Winter like last year from this forum, oh I forgot was second last year to Buck. ;D

The race is on. I accept this challenge  8)
Tight lines to all

dennyman

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: November 17, 2012, 08:06:24 PM »

Milo wishing you a speedy recovery. And At the Zone, your time in the hospital must have been many years ago. Nurses now a days don't have time to give massages to patients. More like as soon as you can get on your feet without falling over or getting sick, out the door you go.

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2012, 08:20:41 PM »

Yes, so true Dennyman, its too bad though. Nothing beats a nice hot oil massage when you're not feeling the greatest and stuck in the hospital. I guess it's a good thing we have wives or girlfriends then, ehhh. Damn that gov't. restraint and their budgetary needs, lol.