Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder Spey Fishing for springs  (Read 6005 times)

SteelheadAdict

Vedder Spey Fishing for springs
« on: July 19, 2012, 11:34:05 PM »

FANTASTIC day on the veder went to secret place lol i was supeised i could get in there lots of socey jumping i hooked in to one on the first cast but lost it i did a couple more casts and landed it and then went an hour with out any hits so switched my fly and the 3 cast i hooked and landed my spring 25 pounds it was a beast it spent ore time out out of the water i was suprised lol it was noon packed up the fly rod so i went for lunch and why i went there i dont know i went to McDicks it was terribal but when i walked in there was a guy there tying spey flys and i kid u not best flie i have ever seen so i tell him about todays luck and turned to me and said thats nothing he pulled out his camera 2 days ago he cuaght 5 socey and 3 springs and he had pictuer proof i asked what he was using he showed me and it was the ugleist loomking fly ever but its not what u think its what the fish thing so i ate my lunch with him and talked for at least 3 hour it was now 4 ocklock so i heade back out tied this fly on and i diodnt have any luck so i started stripping it realy fast to start another cast and i cuaght a socey i repeted the same thing had another hit lost it my day went on like this for the rewst of they day i ended up with 3 more socey and every single one o todays fish WAS RELEASED !!!!!!!!!! but great day never had one like this one the vedder in a while

qescott

Re: Vedder Spey Fishing for springs
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2012, 12:09:04 AM »

...what?

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2012, 12:23:28 AM »

Yup...

TayC

• Scott Howells Moustache
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2012, 05:05:14 AM »

FANTASTIC day on the veder went to secret place lol i was supeised i could get in there lots of socey jumping i hooked in to one on the first cast but lost it i did a couple more casts and landed it and then went an hour with out any hits so switched my fly and the 3 cast i hooked and landed my spring 25 pounds it was a beast it spent ore time out out of the water i was suprised lol it was noon packed up the fly rod so i went for lunch and why i went there i dont know i went to McDicks it was terribal but when i walked in there was a guy there tying spey flys and i kid u not best flie i have ever seen so i tell him about todays luck and turned to me and said thats nothing he pulled out his camera 2 days ago he cuaght 5 socey and 3 springs and he had pictuer proof i asked what he was using he showed me and it was the ugleist loomking fly ever but its not what u think its what the fish thing so i ate my lunch with him and talked for at least 3 hour it was now 4 ocklock so i heade back out tied this fly on and i diodnt have any luck so i started stripping it realy fast to start another cast and i cuaght a socey i repeted the same thing had another hit lost it my day went on like this for the rewst of they day i ended up with 3 more socey and every single one o todays fish WAS RELEASED !!!!!!!!!! but great day never had one like this one the vedder in a while

All I see is a wall of text...break up your sentences!
A swung fly is the best fly.

alan701

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2012, 11:57:44 AM »

thats a nice spring.

Stickleback

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2012, 04:37:34 PM »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2012, 04:53:10 PM »

An English teacher would have a field day with post. :D

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2012, 05:32:26 PM »

This thread is worthless without pics  ;D

SteelheadAdict

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2012, 11:06:01 PM »

Srry don't own a camera Iam low tec man in a high tec world lol getting one soon but will take me a bit to figuer it out

Clarki Hunter

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2012, 04:35:29 PM »

What color is the fly that you had luck with?  I know, I know, probably won't work tomorrow but I'm just curious!

SteelheadAdict

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2012, 04:39:55 PM »

it should work tomorw if i were a fish i wouldnt give it uo for a million bucks any ways it was bright lime green it was fricking nock u off your chair bright lol

SteelheadAdict

« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2012, 04:40:36 PM »

i will try and make somthing that looks simalar and get one of my freinds to take a pic for me

Clarki Hunter

« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2012, 04:42:56 PM »

I'm sure any popsicle or marabou, bunny strip, schlappen mix would work just fine, I was just curious of the color.  Thanks man, keep hammerin those hogs :)

SteelheadAdict

« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2012, 09:09:37 PM »

ya lol i was out today with my freind he got a pec for me lol only if i knew how to upload pics lol

Carich980

« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2012, 11:47:12 PM »

I was catching them on small Black/Chartreuse Squidro Intruders and Bright Chartreuse/Silver Comets.