Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Playtime  (Read 2688 times)

Carich980

Playtime
« on: August 10, 2012, 05:08:33 PM »

Finally arrived.

Sage One 7136 with a Hatch Finatic 7+ lined with Rio UniSpey....  Also got a Rio 525 skagit head to try out.

Gonna go test it all out...  ;D 8) :)

crazypop

Re: Playtime
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 01:50:01 AM »

Hope it casts...I have heard nothing but bad things about those sage's  ;)

dennyman

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 10:11:23 AM »

Well let us know how it casts for you. But the original poster is talking about the Sage One that was just released this summer. From reviews that I have read it is light in hand and better than the Z axis rods.

Carich980

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 12:38:05 PM »

The rod is awesome.

I went out on the Vedder last night, it was quite windy and was having trouble casting the Unispey line. In between the gusts of wind it seemed easy to throw out the line.

But I was really impressed with the rod when I switched over to the Skagit head (Rio Skagit Flight 525g SHD). It was a cannon just effortless, light, smooth, crisp and deadly accurate. It cut through the bursts of wind with ease. Even through the drift it feels more sensitive. I cant wait to get into a good fish on it.

Hope it casts...I have heard nothing but bad things about those sage's  ;)

Hands down best setup I've ever cast and fished.  ;)

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, 10:20:27 PM »

The rod is awesome.

I went out on the Vedder last night, it was quite windy and was having trouble casting the Unispey line. In between the gusts of wind it seemed easy to throw out the line.

But I was really impressed with the rod when I switched over to the Skagit head (Rio Skagit Flight 525g SHD). It was a cannon just effortless, light, smooth, crisp and deadly accurate. It cut through the bursts of wind with ease. Even through the drift it feels more sensitive. I cant wait to get into a good fish on it.

Hands down best setup I've ever cast and fished.  ;)

Hes lying, what he really meant to say what a mistake it was wasting all that money on overpriced gear..... ;D ;D ;D ;D
Take the T out of Morton.

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 10:23:08 PM »

Yes, I think the winky emoticon says it all.
Not all those who wander are lost

Carich980

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2012, 10:07:18 AM »

Hes lying, what he really meant to say what a mistake it was wasting all that money on overpriced gear..... ;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm sure if you ask your wife really nicely she will let you spend your money on good gear for a change.... ;D ;D ;D ;D