Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Alouette Lake shore fishing  (Read 20079 times)

ziggypal

Alouette Lake shore fishing
« on: June 27, 2012, 11:58:56 AM »

I'm going to be heading up to alouette lake on Monday. I know boat fishing is the ideal way to fish this lake, but I do not have access to one. From google maps it seems the east side of the lake has shore access. Just wondering what's the proper way to fish this lake from shore. Under a float, or off the bottom?  Any advice and experience would help. Thanks

qescott

Re: Alouette Lake shore fishing
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2012, 12:24:13 PM »

Fished off the boat launch for like 45 minutes and caught a 2lb pikeminnow and hooked a kokanee or two. Olive woolly bugger is the way to go. Fished last light, but first light probably works too, whenever the boats aren't there :D

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2012, 04:54:03 PM »

The access is on the west side.
Fish the beach north of the launch.
Will be a gong show of ski boats if its nice out.

ziggypal

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 02:12:26 PM »

Thanks guys. I will check out the west side of the lake by the boat launch. I will be fishing with a basic spin casting rod, so I'll probably be using worm or shrimp. Maybe even try a spinner. What size hooks should I be using?

fishbandit66

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 02:58:09 PM »

If you are baitfishing with shrimp or worms then a size 8-10 should be fine.

For spinning from shore you may want to try a buzz bomb for extra distance. Doesnt look nearly as good in the water as a spinner but you will be able to cast twice the distance!

Spooner

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 04:30:48 PM »

I'd go to Gold creek , use Crocs or a spoon of some sort.
Good luck

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2012, 06:39:34 PM »

Have never tried but maybe some krill under a float as Kokanee are the main fish in there.
I only ever troll flys in there so sorry not much help.

Polaris

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2012, 10:07:48 PM »

1. Regarding trolling flies: only the olive wooly bugger or only under what conditions? Also, do you use weighted flies or troll just under the surface?  If weighted, then what weight on what size fly?

2. Regarding buzzbombs:  I was told that they are only useful for fishing deep of a boat, are they also good if 'spincasting' of a shore for trout?  If so, what size, color of buzzbomb?

3. Regarding bait: on small restocked lakes trout seems to prefer Powerbait worms, balls and paste to live worms and shrimp (not to mention corn and dough) is this the case on Alouette as well?

4. Regarding location: its a long lake, is fishing of the shore about as good all along the lake (I don't mean only from among the easily accessible beaches)?

5. I can't seem to find any info on how often Alouette is restocked and with what fish?  Also, is there the best time in a year to fish Alouette?

Thanks  :)

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2012, 10:24:31 PM »

1. Regarding trolling flies: only the olive wooly bugger or only under what conditions? Also, do you use weighted flies or troll just under the surface?  If weighted, then what weight on what size fly?

2. Regarding buzzbombs:  I was told that they are only useful for fishing deep of a boat, are they also good if 'spincasting' of a shore for trout?  If so, what size, color of buzzbomb?

3. Regarding bait: on small restocked lakes trout seems to prefer Powerbait worms, balls and paste to live worms and shrimp (not to mention corn and dough) is this the case on Alouette as well?

4. Regarding location: its a long lake, is fishing of the shore about as good all along the lake (I don't mean only from among the easily accessible beaches)?

5. I can't seem to find any info on how often Alouette is restocked and with what fish?  Also, is there the best time in a year to fish Alouette?

Yes.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2012, 01:50:36 PM »

Just go and give it a shot. Too many questions takes the fun out of it.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family