Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Why Did The Canucks Lose So Quickly In The Opening Round?  (Read 12366 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Why Did The Canucks Lose So Quickly In The Opening Round?
« on: April 22, 2012, 08:14:16 PM »

I guess they were not as good as every one thought or was it because one key player missed 3 game?

I imagine the goaltender that was on the bench tonight has put on the Vancouver jersey for the last time. I am working with the Leafs to take him of your hands. ;D ;D ;D

rjs

• work is over rated !!!!
Re: Why Did The Canucks Lose So Quickly In The Opening Round?
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2012, 08:18:52 PM »

maybe u could get a package deal including Kesler  :o

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2012, 09:29:45 PM »

Lack of scoring. If they had gotten a 2nd goal.......... What does the Laughs have that the Canucks want ? ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2012, 09:30:38 PM »

maybe u could get a package deal including Kesler  :o

And Malhotra, Booth, Burrows and Raymond ;)

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2012, 09:36:05 PM »

I am thinking the one key player missing hypothesis is the best explanation.  Losing Daniel caused a whole trickle down effect that caused the President's Trophy winners to play a very different game than the one they played tonight and in earlier this week in Game 4.  Just look at the power play and how much better it looked with Daniel in the line up.  This alone does not explain the early exit, but it is the greatest cause for sure, forcing the rest of the Canucks to play outside of their own roles and comfort zones.  However, you also need to give credit to the Kings for playing a great series (a very different game than the one they played for the majority of the year without Carter in their line up) and Jonathan Quick for some stellar goal tending when the Canucks were pressing.  If you looked at the pre series predictions it was going to be a close series with the Canucks finishing first in a weak Northwest Division (coasting into the playoffs) and the facing a hungry LA team that was putting on an impressive post trade deadline run.  Special Teams match up had them dead even, with the Canucks power play slipping at the end of the season and the King's just getting going with Carter inserted into the lineup, and both strong on the PK.  But that was all with Daniel Sedin in the line up.  Without Daniel's scoring prowess, and the trickle down effect his loss had on the rest of the lineup, the match up had to be tilted in the King's favour.
Not all those who wander are lost

norton

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2012, 10:03:51 PM »

Canucks lost to keep Chris Gadsden happy.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 05:39:13 AM »

Canucks lost to keep Chris Gadsden happy.
Lol, actually I was feeling sorry for them last night and all their fans here.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2012, 11:09:11 AM »

Lol, actually I was feeling sorry for them last night and all their fans here.

Despite your exterior facade of wearing Leaf parapheralia I know deep down you're a Canuck at heart. After all, we are all Canucks

dennyman

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2012, 04:37:40 PM »

The team this year was just not good enough. Problem in sports is that you cannot rest on your laurels. The Canucks may have made the Stanley Cup Finals last year, but everyone around them has gotten better too. There is also a lot more parity in the league as there is not much difference between a # 8 seeded team and a #1 team. And in the last quarter of the season the Canucks as a team were not that dominant. Even the trade made by Gillis late in the season did very little. Hindsight is everything but if he had to do it again, I think he should have gotten a goal scorer who could help the team immediately. The lack of goal scoring in the playoffs  really hurt the Canucks as they had only one line that was doing anything, and that can only get you so far.

leapin' tyee

• can't get enough
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2012, 08:09:43 PM »

Better team win, that it..

rhino

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2012, 02:15:53 PM »

Better team win, that it..
Very true.
when it matters..you have to step up and get in the peak performance state of mind or else you lose big...

Stratocaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2012, 02:44:28 PM »

They just didn't have the same hunger as they did last year.  They have played alot of hockey these last couple years.  Fatigue and the Sedin injury may have been factors.  The best game they played all year was their win in Boston.  To me it almost felt like that was their playoffs and Stanley cup rolled into one.  They did not seem like the same team after that.  It seemed like they were satisfied that they finally beat Boston in their own arena and did not have the same intensity the rest of the season.  Not saying that its right but I think things may be different next year as they will have had much more time to rest. 

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2012, 05:17:23 PM »

They just didn't have the same hunger as they did last year.  They have played alot of hockey these last couple years.  Fatigue and the Sedin injury may have been factors.  The best game they played all year was their win in Boston.  To me it almost felt like that was their playoffs and Stanley cup rolled into one.  They did not seem like the same team after that.  It seemed like they were satisfied that they finally beat Boston in their own arena and did not have the same intensity the rest of the season.  Not saying that its right but I think things may be different next year as they will have had much more time to rest. 

Well now the Leafs should have an excellent season, being resting for a while. ::) ??? ;D

Stratocaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2012, 09:06:00 PM »

Well now the Leafs should have an excellent season, being resting for a while. ::) ??? ;D

Maybe if they took half the season off!  Hey wait a minute they already do! ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2012, 09:41:42 PM »

The Cup will soon be yours. The Mann Cup ;D ;D