Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Shushawap lake fishing advise  (Read 1152 times)

rhino

• Old Timer
Shushawap lake fishing advise
« on: March 13, 2012, 03:17:40 PM »

I have fished shushwap lake a few times in the past and have always to manage to connect with a few bows and lakers.

I am going in early june again this year and wanted to get some more info on what been working out there. I know the mouth of the adams river can be productive but I don't believe that the houseboats are allowed in that area.

I will be trolling and I also will bring a couple of fly rods. one for trolling and one to try and fish chironomids or leeches. anyone try this method in the shushwap? i also would like some info on how to find the kokanee. i have never found any in this lake but i know the species is present and in good numbers from what i hear.

cheers!

R

mzmann

Re: Shushawap lake fishing advise
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 04:34:12 PM »

There is some good fishing also to be had near the mouth of the Eagle river in Sicamous.....only need to fish about 15-25ft (unless going for lakers of course) but come to think of it come June the bows will probably be down deeper as well 60-90ft. 4 or 5 inch Blue and white Lyman plug or blue and white apex always works wonders. Never really went for Kokanee....the fish anyways.  ;D....imitate the salmon fry/Kokanee and you can almost never go wrong there.
Wishin I was fishin!! :)