Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Border guards met Don Staniford today with plans to deport him.  (Read 65450 times)

absolon

• Old Timer
Re: Border guards met Don Staniford today with plans to deport him.
« Reply #106 on: February 02, 2012, 09:54:08 PM »

If we did not have people willing to speak up, stand up for our environment, our fish and wildlife they, as well as the human race would be a lot worse off than what we are faced with now, in British Columbia, Canada and around our planet. There is so many examples of that and I donot have to list them as most of us personally know what some of them are as we have all seen and read about them during our life time and during the past century.

It certainly is a disappointing state of affairs that human apathy, in too many cases let this all happen without questioning decisions made by some levels of government and those that gain financially, all at the expense of the environment and those that rely on a pristine environment to survive.

History proves that, I think you would agree, I hope you do.

Personally, I wouldn't include Staniford among those you are talking about nor do I consider his cause, his approach or his "accomplishments" to be worthy of support. I appreciate someone who can back up their beliefs with a something more than caustic PR campaigns, media manipulation, comic book characters and that ever-present outstretched hand in search of just a few dollars more. Needless to say he won't be seeing any of my support, financial or otherwise. I know there are a few who disagree with me and are happy to fund and support him; there is an expression attributed to PT Barnum that in my view, aptly describes them.

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #107 on: February 02, 2012, 10:06:09 PM »

http://salmonfarmingkills.com/blog/green-warriors-world-unite

Does that mean we are finally gonna be rid of him..  ;D

Absolon I disagree with the PT Barnum quote, Im leaning more to the quote from Forrest Gump.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 10:08:25 PM by Bassonator »
Take the T out of Morton.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #108 on: February 02, 2012, 10:17:02 PM »

Absolon I disagree with the PT Barnum quote, Im leaning more to the quote from Forrest Gump.
Maybe in years past but in the new age we are in, nothing will change as of course the internet reaches in nearly every corner of our world.

Good try though. ;D ;D
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 06:02:05 AM by chris gadsden »

absolon

• Old Timer
« Reply #109 on: February 02, 2012, 10:59:15 PM »

I suspect I know which one you mean. I try to be a little more generous and only apply that one when it has been well earned.

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #111 on: February 03, 2012, 04:28:21 PM »

As I said the first time you posted this Chris - ludicrous.  As absolon has so many times stated, the best thing for wild salmon, and logically for lodge owners, is for less commercial fishing on our remaining wild stocks.
Salmon farms are not impacting any lodge owners I know of (if I'm wrong here please correct me, anyone) and I question how much money will be collected by these gullible but supposedly business savvy owners to defend Staniford.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #112 on: February 03, 2012, 04:48:54 PM »

As I said the first time you posted this Chris - ludicrous.  As absolon has so many times stated, the best thing for wild salmon, and logically for lodge owners, is for less commercial fishing on our remaining wild stocks.
Salmon farms are not impacting any lodge owners I know of (if I'm wrong here please correct me, anyone) and I question how much money will be collected by these gullible but supposedly business savvy owners to defend Staniford.
I will be joining the gullible next week when I take some funds down, let me know if you change your mind and wish to send some too. ;D ;D ;D

By the way, donations going very well now with thousands rolling in daily from the............, proud to be one of them.  ;D ;D ;D

aquapaloosa

• Old Timer
  • They don't call'em fish for nothin.
« Reply #113 on: February 03, 2012, 05:29:51 PM »

Imagine what all this and other moneys could do if it went toward research and technology to better our wild salmon rather than just pissing it into the wind and fueling this emotional drama.
Chicken farm, pig farm, cow farm, fish farm.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #114 on: February 03, 2012, 06:04:45 PM »

Imagine what all this and other moneys could do if it went toward research and technology to better our wild salmon rather than just pissing it into the wind and fueling this emotional drama.

Imagine if big companies like Mainstream, accepted some responsibility and moved their feedlots on land. Then there would be no need for Morton and Staniford to fight to protect the wild salmon from the feedlots.
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Dave

• Old Timer
« Reply #115 on: February 03, 2012, 06:42:12 PM »

I will be joining the gullible next week when I take some funds down, let me know if you change your mind and wish to send some too. ;D ;D ;D

By the way, donations going very well now with thousands rolling in daily from the............, proud to be one of them.  ;D ;D ;D
Chris, we're good friends so don't take toooo much offence but your track record of backing critical thinking is weak. You once politically supported Chilliwack locals Barry Penner and  John Les.  You also once supported opening the Fraser River to sockeye salmon “harvesting”.  You have admitted you were wrong in those support initiatives and I know you well enough that you will also admit, eventually, that curtailing commercial fisheries, increasing available habitat, and promoting salmon farming in BC is/will be, the only hope for wild salmon ;)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #116 on: February 03, 2012, 07:28:58 PM »

Chris, we're good friends so don't take toooo much offence but your track record of backing critical thinking is weak. You once politically supported Chilliwack locals Barry Penner and  John Les.  You also once supported opening the Fraser River to sockeye salmon “harvesting”.  You have admitted you were wrong in those support initiatives and I know you well enough that you will also admit, eventually, that curtailing commercial fisheries, increasing available habitat, and promoting salmon farming in BC is/will be, the only hope for wild salmon ;)
Just deleted my comment I had typed out to this as turning into getting a little too personal that really does not accomplish much, so will not go there, for now.  ::) ::)
PS Time for you to go fishing Dave.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2012, 07:31:40 PM by chris gadsden »

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #117 on: February 03, 2012, 07:29:47 PM »

Chris, we're good friends so don't take toooo much offence but your track record of backing critical thinking is weak. You once politically supported Chilliwack locals Barry Penner and  John Les.  You also once supported opening the Fraser River to sockeye salmon “harvesting”.  You have admitted you were wrong in those support initiatives and I know you well enough that you will also admit, eventually, that curtailing commercial fisheries, increasing available habitat, and promoting salmon farming in BC is/will be, the only hope for wild salmon ;)

Nice work Dave.....   Asking someone to not take offense and then criticizing them isn't in the book, "How to win friends and influence people". You may want to re-read it.  ::)

Hopefully you an Absolon will eventually come to your senses and admit that the salmon feedlots are a poison in the ocean and a threat to our wild salmon.
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #118 on: February 03, 2012, 08:57:02 PM »

Chris . . . I know you well enough that you will also admit, eventually, that curtailing commercial fisheries, increasing available habitat, and promoting salmon farming in BC is/will be, the only hope for wild salmon ;)

Dave, farming Atlantic salmon in open net pens on the BC coast is not, nor will it ever be, the salvation of wild salmon. 
Not all those who wander are lost

absolon

• Old Timer
« Reply #119 on: February 03, 2012, 09:08:41 PM »

Maybe in years past but in the new age we are in, nothing will change as of course the internet reaches in nearly every corner of our world.

Good try though. ;D ;D

You give him far too much credit. I had never heard of him until he turned up as the one who released those Cohen documents that Morton had made an undertaking not to release. I suspect he made a much greater impression on those of you who were predisposed to see him as a hero and give him money; the rest of the world, not so much. Comic book characters don't usually make much of an impression with adults, and other than his legal troubles, those characters seem to be his claim to fame.

I wonder if he is going to apply for a work permit from the Norwegian government so he can accept his new job?