Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2011/12 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 213746 times)

hue-nut

• Old Timer

river was 0"-6" for vis at 4:30 Tamahi down

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

river was 0"-6" for vis at 4:30 Tamahi down
A day off tomorrow?

fyrslyer

11 degrees now with a very strong southwest wind

Matt

• Old Timer

I strongly encourage anyone following this thread in anticipation of heading out on the weekend to consider giving back in the form of attending the Steelhead Society AGM.  I don't fish the Vedder much, but a quick glance at the graph and the forecast suggests its going to be in rough shape for Saturday.  Why not attend the meeting SSBC AGM and learn how you can give back, as an angler who uses this incredible resource we have in BC?  This is a great opportunity to learn about issues that affect wild steelhead in BC.  The Enbridge Northern Gateway pipeline, if approved, directly jeopardizes the largest population of wild steelhead in BC.  The Thompson River was opened to angling despite relatively low returns, learn why.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Surprised to see the water with a bit of a green color this AM, I would say visibility a bit over a foot  15 minutes ago.

CohoMan

• Old Timer

I did not go fishing but a friend of mine took a picture of what Bergman looked like today. Looks fishable to me.

Not sure what the clarity of the water was like from the picture.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

I did not go fishing but a friend of mine took a picture of what Bergman looked like today. Looks fishable to me.

Not sure what the clarity of the water was like from the picture.

It was fine when I went out around 3ish but when I left at dark it had got nasty looking. I guess some of the heavy showers in the watershed off and on during the day did the damage or some clay fell in.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Condition better than yesterday, a few snow showers now.

Tee

Many thanks for the update, Christ.
I only fish on days that end with "y".

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer

Was out at last light Thompson Park area and visibility turned to poop, I suspect large chunks of clay fell in because visibility was good before this happened and it happened like the switch of a light. Tough to say if its worth heading out in the am. :-X

CohoMan

• Old Timer

Water was good but no fish for me.............

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....

River barely has 6" vis this morning.  But since I'm here I'll try anyways. Still raining out here to.  :(
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

River barely has 6" vis this morning.  But since I'm here I'll try anyways. Still raining out here to.  :(
Thanks Dave, yes it rained hard overnight so does not surprise me.

brysonk

Rivers blown, I'm going home.

norton

yea, lower vedder is pretty well blown out, might wanna try upper river, above clay slides.