Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder Break in  (Read 19092 times)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Vedder Break in
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2011, 10:38:45 PM »

OK. perhaps I was a little melodramatic.
But don't be naive in thinking it's just the crack heads in town looking for change.
There are the opportunists as well, the ones who fish and...
Just because one has a passion for fishing doesn't exclude them from nefarious activity

I've come back to my car, went into the bush to relieve myself and watched a couple fishers ( they were fishing the same area as I) start to scope out the cars, as one started thier vehicle,
the other was looking into the cars and trucks and wasn't checking the upholstery.
Can I help You? I said.
Uh.....Uh....Just  trying to find the time....

OK! Sorry! your buddy's truck has the time on the dash does it not? (newer model ford)

I'd add more but this is already too much fodder.

Yes, I've seen exactly the same thing. Fishermen checking out other cars in the parking lot.

D.Sams

« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2011, 10:55:16 PM »

Yes, that would qualify as Assault With A Weapon. 

Canadian Criminal Code Section 267 (Abuse Crimes)
http://www.cnpea.ca/abuse_crimes.htm

FlyFishin Magician

• Old Timer
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2011, 11:11:32 PM »

Sorry to hear about your break in, were you at the cable crossing (wilson)?

We were smashed there last weekend...

Cheers,
Nicole

That seems to be a risky area.  My car was broken into (rear window smashed) in that area back on Oct 31, 2003.  I haven't parked there since...

jacked55

« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2011, 09:13:07 PM »

yeah you're right, just standing by and doing nothing while hundreds of people get their cars broken into every year at the vedder and while the polices hands are tied because they have no funding and no time to dedicate to catching these people is a much more ethical idea? let me guess, you must be a bigger man because you think every person can be re-habilated and all the goof cons in jails flooding our system are just victims of a poor social upbringing?
i didnt say i wanted to kill them, you just assumed that. but im sure you must have a much more ethical and safer means to solve the problem of having friend after friend of yours having their well earned goods smashed and stolen while they try and enjoy a simple day on the river with their family. please enlighten us all with your solution?

purplehelmet

« Reply #34 on: November 24, 2011, 08:24:33 AM »

Generally, you can get away w/ punching-out a druggie as long as their is no bleeding-heart witnesses.  If it's just your word against his (& you wear gloves!), they lack credibility & follow-through ;)
It's NOT good for the smoker!

purplehelmet

« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2011, 08:31:31 AM »

Whoa, grammar check: "there are no witnesses..." ;D

mzmann

« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2011, 08:45:23 AM »

100% you get away with it....I speak from experience, lol.........watched a dude with a "slim jim" tool trying to break into my truck at a lake in the Okanagan area......I ran up and bounced his head/face off the top of my door....instant KO.....had a schedule to keep so I called the cops, told them what happened and where, etc, etc and just left dude laying there when I drove off (2 other people were there as well and stayed and watched from a distance, but no idea what came of it).......cops took my info in case they needed to contact me further and I never heard from them on it again, lol (2010 fall).....not sure if they even came out and got the guy or not as it was a fair ways away from any detachment......would I do the same if I seen it happen again.....absolutely......probably would even still do it even if it was somebody else's vehicle.......of course only if I was sure they were breaking in to steal something rather than an owner who locked their keys in or similar, lol

Anyways, long story short, it didnt even come down to my word against his as I told the cops flat out exactly what happened and that I KO'd the guy and why and the cop literally laughed when I told him what I did, lol.......im sure technically the guy may have been able to file charges but wasn't going to happen considering the circumstances, lol.

HOWEVER....I dont recommend this type of vigilante justice unless you are willing to take the risk or are confident enough in yourself to handle the situation or any situation that could arise out of it!  ;D
Wishin I was fishin!! :)

CastCatch

« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2011, 09:27:21 AM »

100% you get away with it....I speak from experience, lol.........watched a dude with a "slim jim" tool trying to break into my truck at a lake in the Okanagan area......I ran up and bounced his head/face off the top of my door....instant KO.....had a schedule to keep so I called the cops, told them what happened and where, etc, etc and just left dude laying there when I drove off (2 other people were there as well and stayed and watched from a distance, but no idea what came of it).......cops took my info in case they needed to contact me further and I never heard from them on it again, lol (2010 fall).....not sure if they even came out and got the guy or not as it was a fair ways away from any detachment......would I do the same if I seen it happen again.....absolutely......probably would even still do it even if it was somebody else's vehicle.......of course only if I was sure they were breaking in to steal something rather than an owner who locked their keys in or similar, lol

Anyways, long story short, it didnt even come down to my word against his as I told the cops flat out exactly what happened and that I KO'd the guy and why and the cop literally laughed when I told him what I did, lol.......im sure technically the guy may have been able to file charges but wasn't going to happen considering the circumstances, lol.

HOWEVER....I dont recommend this type of vigilante justice unless you are willing to take the risk or are confident enough in yourself to handle the situation or any situation that could arise out of it!  ;D

Good on you. And it is a good story. I guess you are at least 6'6  ;D

mzmann

« Reply #38 on: November 24, 2011, 10:05:59 AM »

lmao, nope, 5'10 180lb.......just that I don't care who you are or how big you are as that does not dictate your reaction to someone running up behind you to rattle your noggin off the vehicle you are trying to break into, LOL.....if anything, the bigger the guy the slower his reaction time....not to mention the old saying....the bigger they are the harder they fall ;). (the guy in question was however about the same size as myself....not that it would have changed my reaction either way though).....now on that same note, had this not gone as planned (not that there was really any real "plan" in the first place though, lol) and the guy turned on me or something then I may have had to resort to a nut or knee kick or throat punch, lol....dont care how big you are then.  ;)

OR I could have very well just as easily bit off more that I could chew and he could have laid a whoopin on me and left me there......hence why I dont recommend these actions to others unless you are confident enough in yourself and abilities to be able to handle any situation that could arise out of it!.

purplehelmet

« Reply #39 on: November 24, 2011, 11:06:17 AM »

Atta boy ;D  I've had similar situations: you just wink @ the officer & say, "he fell down."

Of course, not recommended, but fun...

cutthroat22

• Old Timer
« Reply #40 on: November 24, 2011, 11:27:03 AM »

Even after a beating these scum will still come back and steal your stuff so it's kinda pointless other then making you feel good.

Personally I couldn't touch a scumbag as I would feel dirty and violated for weeks  :P

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #41 on: November 24, 2011, 11:41:05 AM »

Personally I couldn't touch a scumbag as I would feel dirty and violated for weeks  :P

You will find plenty among us who will gladly volunteer to do the dirty deed.
I found a scumbag red-handed in my truck once.
I can't give you details, but I am quite sure he will never enter our building's underground parking again. >:(

mzmann

« Reply #42 on: November 24, 2011, 12:26:28 PM »

Even after a beating these scum will still come back and steal your stuff so it's kinda pointless other then making you feel good.

I disagree partially with this......pretty sure that if/when these scum know that there is a maniac out there aqt certain spots bouncing their heads off the vehicles that they would think twice about trying to hit that spot again!!.....granted yes they would probably just move on to a new spot but im sure they would be a lot more worried, prone to make mistakes when they are constantly looking over their shoulders for "that guy" that they ran into last time! lol  ;D

But yes, you are correct in that it does indeed make one feel damn good knowing that he has stopped his vehicle from getting broke into and caused bodily harm to the person who tried! ;D......quite sure that the guy I was talking about would not bother going back to that place again and/or would not even think about hitting a place that my truck was parked at should he recognize it!

CastCatch

« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2011, 12:50:40 AM »

I disagree partially with this......pretty sure that if/when these scum know that there is a maniac out there aqt certain spots bouncing their heads off the vehicles that they would think twice about trying to hit that spot again!!.....granted yes they would probably just move on to a new spot but im sure they would be a lot more worried, prone to make mistakes when they are constantly looking over their shoulders for "that guy" that they ran into last time! lol  ;D

But yes, you are correct in that it does indeed make one feel damn good knowing that he has stopped his vehicle from getting broke into and caused bodily harm to the person who tried! ;D......quite sure that the guy I was talking about would not bother going back to that place again and/or would not even think about hitting a place that my truck was parked at should he recognize it!

I will take extra caution when going back to the place if I were you. Someone might want to get some revenge on you.  >:(

mzmann

« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2011, 11:07:52 AM »

I will take extra caution when going back to the place if I were you. Someone might want to get some revenge on you.  >:(

I think it would be him that would need to take the extra caution if he chose to come back to that place again and I was there......or any other place for that matter ;)