Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder Break in  (Read 19093 times)

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
Re: Vedder Break in
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2011, 09:27:16 AM »

Ya let's show everyone a picture of what to use ???
Maybe that post should be deleted or edited.
Before anymore of the WRONG people are educated.

Oh please get a grip, these criminals are far more educated in what to use and how to use it then anybody that visits this site.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

prairiefire

« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2011, 12:20:00 PM »

Oh please get a grip, these criminals are far more educated in what to use and how to use it then anybody that visits this site.

So true. When they do get caught and go to jail it's like school for them. They'll learn more efficient ways to commit crime.
"Assholes are like opinions, everybody got to have one."-Method Man

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2011, 02:44:26 PM »

X2

DanJohn

• First Brookie!
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2011, 02:58:51 PM »

Ya let's show everyone a picture of what to use ???
Maybe that post should be deleted or edited.
Before anymore of the WRONG people are educated.
As much as I understand where you are coming from, those things arent a secret. They arent even specialty items anymore. Walmart has them. So if it was an unheard of method or tool, I would agree with you. But its well known to many and easily available.
Give me a fish, I eat for a day. Teach me to fish, all my money goes away!

StillAqua

« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2011, 08:45:16 PM »

As much as I understand where you are coming from, those things arent a secret. They arent even specialty items anymore. Walmart has them. So if it was an unheard of method or tool, I would agree with you. But its well known to many and easily available.
That's right. Anyone who drives off road or in the bush around water should have a belt cutter/window punch like that within reach of their drivers seat.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2011, 09:38:15 PM »

I hôpe I get my limit on steelhead and lowlifes next weekend.... :-\
The Bigger The Better!

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2011, 10:13:06 PM »

Another web site refers to them as TDM. Thieving Druggie Misfit. Thats about sums it up.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

mzmann

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2011, 10:31:42 PM »

Get a few people together and park at the "bad" spots and just grab some coffee and sit n wait......ambush the "TDM's" and take out some vigilante justice!......willing to bet that they would be thinking twice about hitting the fishing areas once they know there is people possibly waiting in the bushes to "stop" them, lol.....or before you leave your vehicle wire the door handle to the battery somehow so that the person who rattles that door handle to see if its unlocked gets the shock of his life.......just don't forget to disconnect before you try to get in your own car!! lol
Wishin I was fishin!! :)

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2011, 08:33:27 AM »

Just so guys know my truck and my friends car got broken into while out fishing today on the Yarrow side of lower,

Sorry to hear about your break in, were you at the cable crossing (wilson)?

We were smashed there last weekend...

Cheers,
Nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

Fish or cut bait.

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2011, 04:23:50 PM »

OK. perhaps I was a little melodramatic.
But don't be naive in thinking it's just the crack heads in town looking for change.
There are the opportunists as well, the ones who fish and...
Just because one has a passion for fishing doesn't exclude them from nefarious activity

I've come back to my car, went into the bush to relieve myself and watched a couple fishers ( they were fishing the same area as I) start to scope out the cars, as one started thier vehicle,
the other was looking into the cars and trucks and wasn't checking the upholstery.
Can I help You? I said.
Uh.....Uh....Just  trying to find the time....

OK! Sorry! your buddy's truck has the time on the dash does it not? (newer model ford)

I'd add more but this is already too much fodder.

marmot

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2011, 09:56:42 AM »

I parked there a few years back and had a pack of about 40 homemade christmas cards (all I had in the vehicle) stolen that I was bringing back for my sister in law to kelowna.  She has MS and it had taken her a LONG time to make all the cards for her friends and family. 

She was heartbroken and the people that stole the cards probably just threw them in the trash. 

Haven't fished the vedder since... not worth it when there are other places to go without all the drama.

frozensalmon

« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2011, 01:33:53 PM »

if these kinda of stuff goes on more, I have to park my car in the mall then take the taxi to the river...
more coho, more coho... ::)

jacked55

« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2011, 09:08:54 PM »

X2 for bait car vigilante justice.

D.Sams

« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2011, 09:46:01 PM »

If the "vigilante justice" you're referring to involves violence, that would make you no better than those "lowlifes" committing crime in the first place.  In fact, in the laws eyes, it's likely that you would be thought of worse, considering that aggravated assault can carry a ten year prison sentence.

More sever penalties and sentencing for those found guilty of these auto theft crimes?  Absolutely.

Physically assaulting a person (even if that person has committed an offence)?  Wrong.

prairiefire

« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2011, 10:27:45 PM »

Make sure you got a got a crew with you and toss a bunch of rotten fish at them. A couple of stink pinks or zombie chum to the head should learn them. Not sure if it would classify as assault either?
"Assholes are like opinions, everybody got to have one."-Method Man