Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: RAPP Worked  (Read 11498 times)

jacked55

RAPP Worked
« on: November 08, 2011, 12:51:30 AM »

Real Summarized report.
At the stave today, watch this old guy foul hook, drag onto the beach, then kick back over 20 chums. He finally got this one nice chum, in the back of course, dragged it about 20 feet from with the bright pink wool on his hook right in the back of the fish. I had enough, went over to him, exchanged a few "words of encouragement" then when i turned my back to walk away, he picks up a huge rock and throws in onto the fish head, with the hook still in its back?!
He then proceeds to kick the dead chum 20 feet down, back into the river laughing. This really pissed me off, so i got on the phone called RAPP and left my complaint with the person, expecting like everyone says, they wont show. Just in case, i take a nice video clip of this goof hauling in a kicking snagged fish on my HD video camera.
About an hour later, he takes his 2 snagged chum to his car, them comes back and starts snagging more fish over his quota?!
30 minutes go by of this and then look who sows up, DFO. 2 officers go right over to him as they were across the river filming him snagging fish.
LOL.
I walk over and tell them i reported him, show them my video, he then admitted to the officers of bonking the foul hooked fish because "the fish wouldn't stop moving for him to remove the hook?."
Then i said why is he still fishing when he already has his limit in his car? DFO says, lets take a walk.
Fine issued, fish seized, gear seized. One snagger off the river. DFO told me he said to them the fish in the car were for his buddy who he was meeting here, nice try Goof.

brownmancheng

Re: RAPP Worked
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 08:30:37 AM »

Nice work jacked!!! And kudos to dfo for coming by! I tried the stave for the first time yesterday not many ppm around but all good guys. But then again no fresh ones around worth keeping even for snaggers. They all must have been down river ( fresh fish and snaggers)

RG

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 08:54:42 AM »

Nice! I stopped by a couple of weeks ago with a friend who doesn't fish and we both couldn't believe the things we saw i.e. snagging, kicking, poaching.  Absolutely brutal.

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 09:20:57 AM »

WAY TO GO MAN!

roseph

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 10:11:33 AM »

friggin' sweet story. 

azafai

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 10:16:11 AM »

that is a good thing to hear.

some of the behavior you witness in Stave and some other rivers are totally unacceptable.

an orientation or introductory seminar should be mandatory for those who are applying for fishing licence the first time.

silver ghost

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 11:22:08 AM »

Real Summarized report.
At the stave today, watch this old guy foul hook, drag onto the beach, then kick back over 20 chums. He finally got this one nice chum, in the back of course, dragged it about 20 feet from with the bright pink wool on his hook right in the back of the fish. I had enough, went over to him, exchanged a few "words of encouragement" then when i turned my back to walk away, he picks up a huge rock and throws in onto the fish head, with the hook still in its back?!
He then proceeds to kick the dead chum 20 feet down, back into the river laughing. This really pissed me off, so i got on the phone called RAPP and left my complaint with the person, expecting like everyone says, they wont show. Just in case, i take a nice video clip of this goof hauling in a kicking snagged fish on my HD video camera.
About an hour later, he takes his 2 snagged chum to his car, them comes back and starts snagging more fish over his quota?!
30 minutes go by of this and then look who sows up, DFO. 2 officers go right over to him as they were across the river filming him snagging fish.
LOL.
I walk over and tell them i reported him, show them my video, he then admitted to the officers of bonking the foul hooked fish because "the fish wouldn't stop moving for him to remove the hook?."
Then i said why is he still fishing when he already has his limit in his car? DFO says, lets take a walk.
Fine issued, fish seized, gear seized. One snagger off the river. DFO told me he said to them the fish in the car were for his buddy who he was meeting here, nice try Goof.

As much as I think this is a great story, I think the DFO officers being there and you calling the conservation officer 'RAPP' hotline is coincidental. I have called the fishery hotline for salmon violations only to see officers walk in five minutes later; they were already there.

There is many sad sights to see on the Stave, good on you for calling but there still is not even close to the number of officers there should be

Rp3Flyfisher

• Rp3 FlyFishing
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 11:31:55 AM »

As much as I think this is a great story, I think the DFO officers being there and you calling the conservation officer 'RAPP' hotline is coincidental. I have called the fishery hotline for salmon violations only to see officers walk in five minutes later; they were already there.

There is many sad sights to see on the Stave, good on you for calling but there still is not even close to the number of officers there should be

I agree!!!!

I know that they are short on funds, so they can't hire many officers. I know SOOOOO many people that would be willing to pay double on the Salmon tag, that way it can go to the DFO and they can hire more Officers!!!!!!!

We as fishermen will have to foot the bill, you know the government won't

Rick
Tight Lines & Fun Times

Rick Passek
http://www.theflyfishfanatic.com

Author of:
The Freshman FlyFisher "A Beginners Guide for a new Generation"
&
The Freshman FlyFishers Insect Guide

Pro Staff:
Leader Sales (RIO, Sage, Redington, Dr Slick, Renzetti, Islander, Lamson, C&F Design, Moby Nets, Bradly Smokers)
Howard Hackle

http://www.env.gov.bc.ca/cos/images/rapp_logo.gif

beyond

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 11:49:33 AM »

Thanks! proud of you ;)

armytruck

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2011, 12:30:24 PM »

Be nice to see that video  8)
"Everyone ought to believe in something;  I believe I'll go fishing."

D.Sams

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2011, 12:55:07 PM »

Glad to hear violators are actually being caught and repremanded.  Thanks for sharing.

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2011, 01:12:36 PM »

There should be public shaming of these people.

Steel_Mo_Head

• Steel Fever.....
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2011, 01:17:48 PM »

Good work buddy!
I can't wait to fish ALL the time!

CastCatch

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2011, 02:39:34 PM »

Thanks for the Good work.

I saw an old guy doing BB on Stave the other day.  He dragged in half dead fish on every cast. I told him that he should use short leader to catch the fresh ones. then he said he caught a 30 pound spring "this way".

fic

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2011, 02:47:29 PM »

Thanks for the Good work.

I saw an old guy doing BB on Stave the other day.  He dragged in half dead fish on every cast. I told him that he should use short leader to catch the fresh ones. then he said he caught a 30 pound spring "this way".

I saw a younger guy doing the same bottom bouncing their on Saturday. You can hear the swoosh sound as that large piece of metal dives into the water. He got something on almost every cast and every one of them was foul hooked and pale hooking.