Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Kudos  (Read 6388 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Kudos
« on: October 11, 2011, 08:15:29 PM »

Kudos to the young fellow I met on the dyke by KWB today, I did not get his name but he has been ipicking up garbage and putting out some garbage bags as well. Gives me faith that a young angler cares enough to do this, too bad so many don't care, what makes them do this is beyond me.

Athezone

• Old Timer
Re: Kudos
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2011, 01:40:11 PM »

Hey Chris can I get a kudo too cus' I pick up garbage everytime I go fishing, every time. It totally amazes me that people can visit such beauty and have a total disregard for it to the extent of leaving their garbage behind. I have gotten into my fair share of row's with such people after I tell them with no if's, and's or but's to pick up their fricken garbage.

If you bring it with you be sure you take it out with you. Don't be a selfish, lazy little prick with no respect for other's, no respect for this beautiful planet we share and certainly, when you look in the mirror. No respect for yourself.  ??? ::) ???

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2011, 11:20:34 PM »

If you bring it with you be sure you take it out with you. Don't be a selfish, lazy little prick with no respect for other's, no respect for this beautiful planet we share and certainly, when you look in the mirror. No respect for yourself.  ??? ::) ???

Ain't that the truth!
No respect for the resource means no respect for yourself.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2011, 09:49:46 AM »

Hey Chris can I get a kudo too cus' I pick up garbage everytime I go fishing, every time. It totally amazes me that people can visit such beauty and have a total disregard for it to the extent of leaving their garbage behind. I have gotten into my fair share of row's with such people after I tell them with no if's, and's or but's to pick up their fricken garbage.

You bet and thanks to many others on this forum too that attend the cleanups and to those that do not take part but cleanup when they are out on the flow.

Thanks again for all your help now and in the past as we can make a difference.

brookboy

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2011, 08:44:09 PM »

does anyone know if there are any clean up societies other than the chilliwack one or if there are any organized cleanup days going on?

lucas

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2011, 10:26:27 PM »

the cap river sure needs a cleanup.people leaving garbage everywhere.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2011, 06:16:34 AM »

the cap river sure needs a cleanup.people leaving garbage everywhere.
Maybe you and the above poster can get together down your way and organize a cleanup of the Cap. Rodney and I can give you some ideas on how to get it organized with this site gathering you some volunteers  for starters. It would be great to have another river looked after lik we try to do on the Chilliwack Vedder.

Grey Fox

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2011, 10:16:18 PM »

Was at the very same location last week (100 yds downstream from bridge)  collected a plastic shopping bag full of mono and while doing so came close to a dunking after one of my boots tangled with a large ball of braided line, there were also roe containers, subway wrappers, beer cans, you name it ?.....also spotted a Dipper with line and splitshot wrapped round its leg......Freaking Morons !

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2011, 07:50:29 PM »

Was at the very same location last week (100 yds downstream from bridge)  collected a plastic shopping bag full of mono and while doing so came close to a dunking after one of my boots tangled with a large ball of braided line, there were also roe containers, subway wrappers, beer cans, you name it ?.....also spotted a Dipper with line and splitshot wrapped round its leg......Freaking Morons !
Thanks so much for dealing with this, line is some of the worse stuff to pick up.

TayC

• Scott Howells Moustache
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2011, 07:54:19 PM »

Thanks so much for dealing with this, line is some of the worse stuff to pick up.

x2 picked up a whole bunch of garbage above crossing after fishign this weekend, couldnt walk 5 ft without picking up cig cartons and big balls of line. the fire line is the WORST!
A swung fly is the best fly.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 02:27:49 PM »

x2 picked up a whole bunch of garbage above crossing after fishign this weekend, couldnt walk 5 ft without picking up cig cartons and big balls of line. the fire line is the WORST!
Thanks, nice to see more people cleaning up. It is very important to cleanup even if it is othewr people's mess as the Vedder Dyke Road could close like the Abby side if people continue to dump their stuff. :(

adriaticum

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2011, 10:03:37 AM »

Kudos to the young fellow I met on the dyke by KWB today, I did not get his name but he has been ipicking up garbage and putting out some garbage bags as well. Gives me faith that a young angler cares enough to do this, too bad so many don't care, what makes them do this is beyond me.

Chris,
I have mixed feelings about this.
I know people are leaving garbage behind because they know and expect that you will come around to pick it up.
I'd rather see the river covered in garbage, which might spur police/authorities to do something about those who litter.
In the US fines for littering are high. "Litter and it will hurt".
The same should be implemented here. Heavy fines and seizures of property and equipment.

JPW

« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2011, 11:33:49 AM »

I think it's often difficult for good people to walk past a mess without cleaning it up.  I know for me, I'll clean up the area that I'm fishing in and then often be late getting home to the wife, because I can't help but stop and pick up other garbage I see along the way back to the car.  That being said, those that are littering are blatant about it and as with all the problems on the rivers, the issue is enforcement.  If more authorities were on the water penalizing those who abuse our resource I suspect the problem could be dramatically improved, but until that happens I think the few will have to make up for the many.  :-\

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2011, 07:25:31 PM »

Chris,
I have mixed feelings about this.
I know people are leaving garbage behind because they know and expect that you will come around to pick it up.
I'd rather see the river covered in garbage, which might spur police/authorities to do something about those who litter.
In the US fines for littering are high. "Litter and it will hurt".
The same should be implemented here. Heavy fines and seizures of property and equipment.
You do have a valid point but I just do not like to see, especially garbage that is in the wetted area of our rivers left there to drift down river and end up in the ocean. Most I believe have heard of the Pacific Ocean garbage patch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnUjTHB1lvM