Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many hatchery marked coho salmon from Chilliwack River have you kept in fall 2011?

0 :(
- 39 (32.8%)
1 - 5 :-\
- 39 (32.8%)
6 - 10 :)
- 19 (16%)
11 - 15 :)
- 14 (11.8%)
16 - 20 :D
- 2 (1.7%)
21 - 25 :D
- 3 (2.5%)
26 - 30 :o
- 1 (0.8%)
31+ :o
- 2 (1.7%)

Total Members Voted: 118

Author Topic: 2011 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 97033 times)

mzmann

if that was by the train bridge someone did call.  I stopped by to have a look and spoke with 3 CO's checking licenses.  They mentioned that someone called to report someone snagging and retaining about 30 pinks.  Unfortunately it looked like the CO's were a bit late but they did respond and were canvassing for info/descriptions.

Wow, well at least they were indeed called and with any luck they will have been nabbed!
Wishin I was fishin!! :)

nickredway

• Old Timer

Is this the rapp line? Sure seems like it.

fic

• Old Timer

Went out today and saw a coho caught in the upper river. Pinks were moving in schools, one after another.  It was a total zoo at KWB and Lickman. If you think have an open spot to fish, wait 20 minutes and somebody will squeeze in right next to you regardless of whether there is room or not.   

dennyman

• Old Timer

Good to hear the Vedder Gong show is well under way for another year  ;D.

Floater

• Old Timer

how was the water levels? and or visibility? i thought thats what this thread was for.
[

fic

• Old Timer

how was the water levels? and or visibility? i thought thats what this thread was for.
Water level was very low and visibility is about 3 feet.  The fish is swimming through under 1 foot of water or less in some cases.

nickredway

• Old Timer

Went up yesterday, was slow if you were a targeting Coho and Springs. Got a Coho Jack, my friend got a Dolly and a Pink on his first fishing trip, all on roe. Quite a lot of springs about but no takers for me. Not much in the way of chrome rolling.

searun17

• Old Timer

How come theres a yearly limit of one chum on the Vedder compared to 4 coho? Also why was chum closed on the Vedder last year, what was the reason behind it?
good questn,i i would think that they r concerned that to many chum would be killed just for the roe,but im only guessing,it wasnt all that long ago the limit for chum was zero.last years chum runs were down in most systems,i guess thats what happens after years of commercial roe fishery on them.
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.

masta

Fished the middle of the canal after the wind eased up this morning at about 830 until 11am.  Landed and released one Jack Spring.  Saw one other Jack spring landed.  Stayed away from Bailey bridge as there were too many people.  Hopedale road area was busy as well.

CohoJake

• Old Timer

Water level was very low and visibility is about 3 feet.  The fish is swimming through under 1 foot of water or less in some cases.
Visibility was much more than 3 feet - still very low and clear. 

samw

Probably more like 5-6 feet.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 10:05:00 PM by samw »

dennyman

• Old Timer

I don't think it is like that anymore.  The heavy rains predicted for the Chilliwack area have begun, and it is supposed to rain much of Monday riight thru to  Tuesday.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

Water still in good shape, but for how long? Also seen a guy walking off home with a wild Coho, and a couple of springs.  :(
The Bigger The Better!

steelie-slayer

• catch and release

Just got back from a 4 day chilliwack river trip caught lots of pinks, two chrome jack springs and a big adult and a nice coho, alot of the pinks were fairly chrome to.
today fished the lower river and left at 4 and was still atlesst 4 feet of visibilty.
Lots of snaggers out and guys using boucing betties  >:(
gone to the dark side, poor levelwind probly never going to see the water again.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Lower tea colored in the Lower at dark and has rained heavy since. Tomorrow, only good for flossing. ;D ;D ;D