Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many hatchery marked coho salmon from Chilliwack River have you kept in fall 2011?

0 :(
- 39 (32.8%)
1 - 5 :-\
- 39 (32.8%)
6 - 10 :)
- 19 (16%)
11 - 15 :)
- 14 (11.8%)
16 - 20 :D
- 2 (1.7%)
21 - 25 :D
- 3 (2.5%)
26 - 30 :o
- 1 (0.8%)
31+ :o
- 2 (1.7%)

Total Members Voted: 118

Author Topic: 2011 Chilliwack River fall salmon fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 96971 times)

1son

was thinking about giving the vedder a shot been fishing pinks all week never know might hook into a nice coho ;D

hue-nut

• Old Timer

I'm all for chat but when it comes to hitting the river how much info besides water conditions do you really need? Fraser is loaded with pinks which means that tribs are going to have a few too but its early so go check it out instead of waiting for someone to hold your hand :D Nothing ventured nothing gained

Tee

I was out today early in the morning until 11 am fly fishing for pinks. Water was low and clear. There were a few fish around but not in good number yet. I called it quits when i got my rod snapped on me.
I only fish on days that end with "y".

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Bringing this back up to the top for those who may have missed this information.

Also, please note that we'll be celebrating World Rivers Day on Sunday September 25th with a Vedder River cleanup and gatherings afterward. Come out and do some fishing before the event, then meet other forum members afterward. We're gonna throw in a bunch of fishing items for draw prizes so you definitely don't want to miss this. :)

Please see:

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=27926.0

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Back up to the top as we received the first major rainfall for the season. How's the water condition so far?

Steel_Mo_Head

• Steel Fever.....

Left the river at 10 am today.. Water went up quiteee a bit.. water is still 3 feet vis then, but if it keeps going tomorrow could be blown out maybe.
I can't wait to fish ALL the time!

JBB

• I'm a llama!

Any ideas about river conditions for Friday.
Man does not cease to play because he grows old ; he grows old because he ceases to play

CohoJake

• Old Timer

Left the river at 10 am today.. Water went up quiteee a bit.. water is still 3 feet vis then, but if it keeps going tomorrow could be blown out maybe.
3 feet vis above the clay banks?

Anyone know what the count is at the hatchery?

slurpie

Left river late afternoon and visibility still 3+ feet.  Pinks are on the move upriver.  Still fresh pinks in lower river but nowhere near the numbers earlier this week. 

Steel_Mo_Head

• Steel Fever.....

3 feet vis above the clay banks?

Anyone know what the count is at the hatchery?

lower river
I can't wait to fish ALL the time!

anorden

Enough with the stupid pinks already. Im glad they come only every two years.

Great attitude. You are an inspiration to all newcomers. Im sure with comments like that you will ensure the future of fisheries conservation.

Sterling C

• Old Timer

Just got in from the river. Water is still very low. I was able to wade virtually all tailouts in the lower river.
Actions speak louder than words.

DionJL

• Old Timer

Just got in from the river. Water is still very low. I was able to wade virtually all tailouts in the lower river.
That doesn't mean everyone should go and wade through all the tailouts. Sterling is a little crazy when it comes to wading, I don't recommend following him. LOL

salmonlover

i cant believe its this time of year again. it seems like yesterday rodney posted this last year. good information, but every year i have to look at that craple leaf hat lol.

James

Just came back from river , above tamihi , still a bit low , but color and visability was looking good . just the right amount of sun and cloud cover today . Lots of people , lots of pinks . No mention of coho's or springs yet that i found .