Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tips & Tricks For Fishing?  (Read 13002 times)

Meat Head Mike

Tips & Tricks For Fishing?
« on: September 30, 2010, 03:55:55 PM »

i am new to fishing and i don't know where to get the big fish at vedder river. theres lots of places there but not sure which one is the best to get the big fish. this is my first year fishing so don't know much and plus don't know what kind of bait to use? so please help me out :)

DavidD

• Fourth Year Apprentice Fisherman
Re: Tips & Tricks For Fishing?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2010, 04:18:32 PM »

This site offers a lot for what you ask. 

This thread (start at page 1) should start you off nicely!  :)
http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=24922.0

As for the where?  The veddar has many kilometers of waterways that have fish as they like to travel.  Generally one doesn't fish in a single spot.  And being adventurous is all in the fun (and sport) of fishing.
Save the Whales - Collect the Whole Set!!!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2010, 04:19:53 PM »

There is no one place that produces big fish. They're scattered throughout the river system.

aquaholic

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2010, 04:36:56 PM »

Springs like the deeper choppy water "USUALLY" Coho like the slow walking pace water to pond back waters, I would suggest you move around allot and not fence post in one spot all day like most people so on the Vedder, Moving around more often than usual will only mean on thing - Catch more fish

Meat Head Mike

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2010, 06:00:39 PM »

Springs like the deeper choppy water "USUALLY" Coho like the slow walking pace water to pond back waters, I would suggest you move around allot and not fence post in one spot all day like most people so on the Vedder, Moving around more often than usual will only mean on thing - Catch more fish
thanks. ill try to find those cohos.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2010, 07:44:57 PM »

While moving around works, standing in one spot also works. The reason for this is that the salmon are moving up stream all day long.
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

dennyman

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2010, 08:13:19 PM »

However, with that being said, don't be a  fence poster. Either move along gradually or wave the person through so they can fish the run and then move down below you.

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2010, 09:52:58 PM »

All the meatholes are here:

http://ww.bcfishingreports.com/vedder-river.htm

Stick to them and you'll be fine. Lots of anglers, lots of fish...fun fun fun. ;D

Leave the river in between those hotspots to those of us who care for more than just catching big fish.  ;)

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2010, 01:54:08 AM »

and also dont forget that hole #42 is now permanently closed to fishing  ;)
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2010, 06:25:45 AM »

The best spot for big fish is the KWB, Kieth wilson Bridge, not to many people about it, so keep quiet.
The Bigger The Better!

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2010, 06:40:21 AM »

The best spot for big fish is the KWB, Kieth wilson Bridge, not to many people about it, so keep quiet.
Please remember to put sarcastic smilies (wink) on posts like  this as new fishermen might actually BELIEVE you.  ::)

roeman

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2010, 07:15:25 AM »

Leave the river in between those hotspots to those of us who care for more than just catching big fish.  ;)

What an ignorant thing to say to someone who was asking a fishing forum for a few pointers...
Are you fishin or catchin

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2010, 01:34:16 PM »

What an ignorant thing to say to someone who was asking a fishing forum for a few pointers...

Care to elaborate, Roeman?
Meathead Mike is a beginner and he was asking about the best places on the Vedder to catch big fish, a.k.a. meatholes.

I even offered a map with all the meatholes on it. (BTW, thanks HOOK for pointing out that the Limit (Boundary) Hole is closed to all angling). What specifically was ignorant in my post?
Are you pissed off that I revealed all of your favourite spots to a newbie? That must be it!
That, or someone pissed in your cereal this morning. ROTFLMAO!

Only thing I was asking in exchange is for him to stay away from the 'in between' runs where some of us like to chuck flies and don't really care that much about the catching.

I've always said it, the Vedder beyond the meatholes is heaven...it takes a while to get there, though...

Peace.

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2010, 03:14:15 PM »

Where is KWB....is it upper or lower river, I don't like fish around too many people so I think that sounds like a perfect spot!
Gentlemen.....  ::)

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2010, 03:57:02 PM »

Gentlemen.....  ::)

Come on Mr. Moderator, have a little fun now and then ;D ;D ;D