Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What was the funniest and the scariest thing you saw this flossing season.  (Read 9181 times)

bigsnag

• Old Timer

The funniest I saw was a summer sockeye flosser who when he tried to bonk a flopping sox with a rock miss the fish and hit his rod breaking 2 feet from the tip.

The scariest was an extremely low riding zodiac with 3 guys no PFDs on barely moving up the Fraser using an underpowered 9.9. They would have gone down for sure if they got hit by the wake from a bigger jet boat.
It ain't the roe bro'

itosh

• I EAT llamas!
Re: What was the funniest and the scariest thing you saw this flossing season.
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 06:40:53 PM »

Walking along the bar at Peg Leg... out of the corner of my eye, I saw Rodney reeling madly and squeling "Feeeesh Onnnnn!"  with a big grin??? ???

Then I realized it was some asian girl with short hair... ;D ;D

Shane

*The above story was totally fictional (I was bored) ... I don't even know how to get to Peg Leg...

Navy Seal Fisherman

• I'd rather be here
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 07:05:01 PM »

I was stopped by DFO at Seabird recently with an ice box full of fish. The DFO guy asked me, "Do you have a license to catch those sockeye?" I  replied to the DFO guy, "No, sir. These are my pet fish." "Pet fish?!" the DFO replied. "Yes, sir. Every night I take these here fish down to the river and let them swim around for a while. I whistle and they jump back into the ice box, and I take em home." "That's a bunch of Bulls--t! Fish can't do that!" I looked at the DFO for a moment, and then said, "Here, I'll show you. It really works." "O.K. I've GOT to see this!" The guy was curious. I poured the fish in to the river and stood and waited. After several minutes, the guy turned to me and said, "Well?" "Well, what?" I responded. "When are you going to call them back?" the DFO prompted. "Call who back?" I asked. "The FISH." "What fish?" I asked.
The only easy day was yesterday

iRobertO

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2010, 07:15:59 PM »

I was stopped by DFO at Seabird recently with an ice box full of fish. The DFO guy asked me, "Do you have a license to catch those sockeye?" I  replied to the DFO guy, "No, sir. These are my pet fish." "Pet fish?!" the DFO replied. "Yes, sir. Every night I take these here fish down to the river and let them swim around for a while. I whistle and they jump back into the ice box, and I take em home." "That's a bunch of Bulls--t! Fish can't do that!" I looked at the DFO for a moment, and then said, "Here, I'll show you. It really works." "O.K. I've GOT to see this!" The guy was curious. I poured the fish in to the river and stood and waited. After several minutes, the guy turned to me and said, "Well?" "Well, what?" I responded. "When are you going to call them back?" the DFO prompted. "Call who back?" I asked. "The FISH." "What fish?" I asked.
Lol! WTF?!?

Buck_wife

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2010, 07:26:21 PM »

and if you believe that last story I have water front property for sale for you in the middle of the desert  ;)

iRobertO

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2010, 07:31:10 PM »

Which desert? How much? ;D

iRobertO

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 07:31:32 PM »

Scariest thing I saw was a friend I brought out kneeling down to clean his fish when someone decides to step in and fish a little while he's at it. With my back turned I hear a very loud squeal/scream. I turn around to see my friend with one hand clutching the other, the guy set the hook while casting. Not a big deal I guess, but due to positioning, there is no reason why it couldn't have been his eye. The pale faced offender apologized profusely and we didn't see him again that day.

The funniest, same day, was a guy that shouted fish on and then spring on shortly after. It was really fighting him, moving around and then attempting to spool him. Everyone pulled their lines out anxiously awaiting the arrival of this beast. After a few minutes, someone suggests it may be a snag, as it isn't moving much anymore. "oh no, it's a spring!" after a few more minutes I shout out, "it's either going to be a story about the spring you caught, or another story posted on the Internet about a guy who fought a snag for a 1/2 hour" Not sure if my comment got in his head, but a few minutes later he decided to rethink the spring theory and free up from his snag.
I guess that whole 'story on the net' thing came true after all.

One more, somewhat scary. Fishing at my usual spot and someone says there is a bear across the river. Sure enough a nice big bear, neat to see. Cut to 24 hours later in the same spot, 2 fishermen. Scary if the two stories came together.

Rob

Blackrt03

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 07:37:32 PM »

lol good one navy seal

Nitroholic

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2010, 07:39:04 PM »

-guy bouncing with half a trout rod
-dead black bear floating downstream

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2010, 07:51:48 PM »

I saw a guy with a drill with an attachment that slid onto the handle of his reel. At the end of his swing he would slide the drill on and retrieve his line.
Actions speak louder than words.

iRobertO

« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2010, 08:25:50 PM »

I saw a guy with a drill with an attachment that slid onto the handle of his reel. At the end of his swing he would slide the drill on and retrieve his line.

Sounds like a scaled down version of this..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noUg213dU_c&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Those are hooked to car batteries.

Bently

• Old Timer
  • fish eyes love my ties
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2010, 09:07:17 PM »

Funniest........Guy flossing socks with pocket-fisherman, guy punching another guy and chucking his rod into the river

nothing scary as it's all a big joke to me  >:(
           stopped to watch the insanity on way home from interior, mind boggling
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 09:09:24 PM by Bently »

burnaby

« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2010, 09:33:53 PM »

Saddest was watching a baby black cub float down the river.

strobes

« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2010, 09:37:20 PM »

funniest was seeing a guy fight his first sockeye and finally landed it on the beach, only to watch it spit its hook and start flopping back to the water.  he then left his feet and did a full on belly flop onto the fish trying to stop it, the fish was half a second quicker than him and made it back into the river, he also landed in the river, got up soaked to the bone and just laughed it off.  

<>{Early to bed...early to rise...fish all day...make up lies}<>

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2010, 09:41:33 PM »

Highlight would be setting up the lawn chair and watching the hoards of people at Peg leg do there thing.
Downside, coming across sockeye, which I call Coho.

Navy Seal that was awsome.
The Bigger The Better!