Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: NHL Smack Talk 10-11  (Read 236077 times)

rhino

• Old Timer
Re: NHL Smack Talk 10-11
« Reply #615 on: February 26, 2011, 11:38:49 PM »

Thrilled with one nice point against the once mighty Pens. ;D ;D ;D

Leafs are playoff bound with a win tomorrow only three points back! Rolling rolling rolling! ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #616 on: February 27, 2011, 07:23:16 AM »

Any comments on the Boston and Vancouver game from last night?

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #617 on: February 27, 2011, 08:07:41 AM »

I think it may be more fun hearing your thoughts on the game, Chris.  I believe Toronto has more points in the last 2 weeks than Vancouver has......
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

tortuga

« Reply #618 on: February 27, 2011, 08:09:03 AM »

Canucks stil first overall.
Leave it to a good ol' Vancouver boy to lead his team to the victory. The only one a bit worried would be Gillis who doesn't want to rearrange the team, but now he has that game to worry about and maybe some second thoughts.
Thomas deserved that victory.

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #619 on: February 27, 2011, 11:14:52 AM »

Yes, it is too bad that Vancouver can't help the Leafs more by beating their eastern conference opponents for them, it would be nice to have 3 or 4 Canadian teams in the playoffs.
Not all those who wander are lost

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #620 on: February 27, 2011, 11:43:14 AM »

It was the refereeing as Chris would say :D

greyghost

• Poach the poacher!
« Reply #621 on: February 27, 2011, 12:09:00 PM »

Its to bad the nucks just can't figure out that its the home grown talent from BC that beats them single-handedly all the time!

If the nucks could play their playoff home games in Sweden! They may have a chance for the Cup! I sense an early exit again this year!

Hypothetically! If the nucks do win the cup! How many of you fans are going to Sweden for the parade?  :-*   

Have you talked too someone for a while and thought too yourself.......
"who ties your shoelaces for you"

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #622 on: February 27, 2011, 07:05:50 PM »

Leafs are playoff bound with a win tomorrow only three points back! Rolling rolling rolling! ;D

You can always dream. Griefs blew a 2 goal lead to lose in the shootout. What a grate team they are. ;D Those lost points are going to cost them.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #623 on: February 28, 2011, 09:57:02 AM »

Another good point last night, looking good once again. ;D ;D ;D

TayC

• Scott Howells Moustache
« Reply #624 on: March 01, 2011, 07:29:06 PM »

nucks would have had a better game if the forwards didnt have to spend so much time babysitting tanev and rome. i cant wait till we have our reg d lineup so the forward lines can focus more on the offensive. it would have really benefited in that game to have bieksa and edler back to add that physical aspect

another note on tonights game...i hope lapierre can pull up his socks, it would be a waste of a trade for a guy who gets a penalty on his 1st shift if he keeps giving the opponents the advantage!
A swung fly is the best fly.

Sandman

• Old Timer
« Reply #625 on: March 01, 2011, 07:52:21 PM »

Its to bad the nucks just can't figure out that its the home grown talent from BC that beats them single-handedly all the time!
 If the nucks could play their playoff home games in Sweden! They may have a chance for the Cup! I sense an early exit again this year!
 Hypothetically! If the nucks do win the cup! How many of you fans are going to Sweden for the parade?  :-*

As a Swedish Canadian...

...I resemble that remark.

I cheer for the Swedes in the worlds too, until they meet the Canadians, then they are on their own.
Not all those who wander are lost

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #626 on: March 01, 2011, 10:19:35 PM »

Another 2 points tonight. What a great team we have. Now 89 points on the year. Luongo stood on his head tonight and was brilliant in the shootout.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #627 on: March 02, 2011, 12:01:41 AM »

As a Swedish Canadian...

...I resemble that remark.

I cheer for the Swedes in the worlds too, until they meet the Canadians, then they are on their own.

Met a couple of girls from the Swedish women's team last year at the Olympics after they lost the bronze medal game to Finland. They were totally devastated at the loss.

alwaysfishn

• Old Timer
« Reply #628 on: March 02, 2011, 09:02:36 AM »

Once upon a time long, long, ago there was a season when neither the Leafs nor the Canadiens made the post season playoffs. It seemed so unusual, that the management of both teams got together and decided that there should be some sort of competition between the two teams because of their great rivalry. So, they decided on a weeklong ice fishing competition. The team that catches the most fish at the end of the week wins.

So on a cold northern Ontario lake they began their contest. The first day after 8 hours of fishing the Canadiens had caught 100 fish and the Leafs had 0. At the end of the 2nd day the Canadiens had caught 200 fish and the Leafs 0.

That evening the Leafs coach got his team together and said, "I suspect some kind of cheating is taking place", So the next morning he dressed one of his players in Canadien colors and sent him over to their camp to act as a spy. At the end of the day he came back to report to the coach. The coach asked "Well, how about it, are they cheating?"

"They sure are," the player reported, "They're cutting holes in the ice".
Disclosure:  This post has not been approved by the feedlot boys, therefore will likely be found to contain errors and statements that are out of context. :-[

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #629 on: March 02, 2011, 01:33:58 PM »

Once upon a time long, long, ago there was a season when neither the Leafs nor the Canadiens made the post season playoffs. It seemed so unusual, that the management of both teams got together and decided that there should be some sort of competition between the two teams because of their great rivalry. So, they decided on a weeklong ice fishing competition. The team that catches the most fish at the end of the week wins.

So on a cold northern Ontario lake they began their contest. The first day after 8 hours of fishing the Canadiens had caught 100 fish and the Leafs had 0. At the end of the 2nd day the Canadiens had caught 200 fish and the Leafs 0.

That evening the Leafs coach got his team together and said, "I suspect some kind of cheating is taking place", So the next morning he dressed one of his players in Canadien colors and sent him over to their camp to act as a spy. At the end of the day he came back to report to the coach. The coach asked "Well, how about it, are they cheating?"

"They sure are," the player reported, "They're cutting holes in the ice".
I posted this a few days ago, I am surprised you missed it. ;D ;D ;D