Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tofino shore fishing  (Read 7088 times)

banjoe

Tofino shore fishing
« on: August 09, 2010, 02:20:47 PM »

Hello all,

I'm looking for some advice on where i can get some good shore fishing done down in Tofino. I'll be heading down there next week with the family and would like to take my 8 year old out fishing. We've never been down there before, so this whole thing is very new to me. We will be staying at the Cox bay beach resort, so anywhere around that area would be fine. Also any advice on the type of gear, setups, and bait I should be using would be greatly appreciated.

sincerely,
Banjoe

cohojoe

Re: Tofino shore fishing
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 05:42:55 PM »

phone neil buckle at varga island in tofino 250 725  3309 ;   arrange for him to pick you up .

make sure you tell him you are fishing for the day and want to get back to tofino later in the day after  fishing.

or  if he cannot do it ;  phone one of the local tofino water taxis and make the same arrangements  for  drop off and pick up.   
\
Then cast your buzz bombs ,  zingers,  etc.  off the rocky shores at vargas island.    remember to bring enough supplies for you and the kid.  food and water.     also use  a good  fishing line like maxima  15 pound hard brown.     you rarely get a spring but 15  might hold it.   i have going there since 1992  and have never caught a spring from shore.   only cohos and the occasional   bottom fish.    take plenty of colors and sizes.    you might lose a half dozen lures on your first trip but after that  you will know where the snags are.

good luc k and  say hello to neil for me.

ffonly

• the truth is out there...
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 06:27:37 PM »

Go to Tonquin Park at the N.end of Tofino. Take the stairs to the beach. Once at the beach go to the rocks on the right below the houses. There will be a rock boiling out in the water at the point of the main rock wall.  Cast to the right of the rock. Fish it just before High slack tide and fish all the way through the high slack. This will save you time money and money. Buzz bomb it...= COHO. ;)
There is a tall church across the street from the statue

with crosses, steeples, bells and a vast door that looks like

a huge mousehole, perhaps from a Tom and Jerry cartoon,

and written above the door is "Per L'Universo."

Around five o'clock in the afternoon of my cover for

Trout Fishing in America, people gather in the park across

the street from the church and they are hungry.

It's sandwich time for the poor.

But they cannot cross the street until the signal is given.

Then they all run across the street to the church and get

their sandwiches that are wrapped in newspaper.

cohojoe

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 10:29:53 AM »

Hey ;  how was Tofino ?   I wanted to go also if the shore line fishing is great.