Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Buntzen/Trout/Deer Lakes ???  (Read 3805 times)

sassygrams

Buntzen/Trout/Deer Lakes ???
« on: May 18, 2010, 02:40:52 PM »

:)I have narrowed it down to 3 lakes for fishing on Saturday - of course, I had some help with these suggestions.....

Anyone fished these lately with any success? Could you share your thoughts about what types of fish would be there, and maybe what to use for them?  

I am taking someone with me who has never been fishing, let alone fly fishing in a float tube so he is very excited and I am happy to take him.....  just needing perhaps a bit of expert advice from you all and it should turn out to be a fabulous day :)

So - feel free - advise away.....

Cheers
« Last Edit: May 18, 2010, 02:48:45 PM by sassygrams »
"Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are made for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration." - Izaac Walton

kid fisherman

Re: Buntzen/Trout/Deer Lakes ???
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2010, 03:33:07 PM »

After reading that buntzen was having Major water hight changes i would thing twice about bringing someone new out on the lake. Just until the level lowers.

sassygrams

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2010, 04:46:41 PM »

I appreciate the info, and no I didn't know that it was that high.....  any other ideas?
"Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are made for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration." - Izaac Walton

kid fisherman

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2010, 05:27:51 PM »

Sasmat???

jimmywits

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2010, 10:03:38 PM »

Sasamat is the way to go, close by, lot's of fish, mostly forested all around, and big enough to get away
from other people.

FishOn36

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 10:12:37 PM »

Sasamat is the way to go, close by, lot's of fish, mostly forested all around, and big enough to get away
from other people.

Keep in mind, if the weather this weekend turns out to be anything like what we had last week, the place is going to be a zoo. I think it's safe to say that for Buntzen as well...

Bassonator

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2010, 01:17:48 AM »

Actually I was out a Sasamat on Sunday afternoon and it wasnt bad at all, if your gonna float go for it not that many peeps on the lake at all. And Buntzen is getting a major power repair saw the announcement in the paper water levels will be high till November if I remember correctly.
Take the T out of Morton.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2010, 01:51:08 AM »

Because of BC Hydro's upgrading work etc, water is being diverted to Buntzen Lake so the lake level is much higher than average. Access to some of the shore spots is not available, but fishing from a float tube, pontoon boat is still very doable. When we were there just over one week ago, several guys were fishing from their tubes along the eastern shoreline and they did quite well in the evening. Depth is not so much an issue. If being in a tube at Buntzen Lake is not a comfortable situation for the first timer, then it would not be much different at Sasamat because it is just as deep.

fishman1

« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 07:54:01 AM »

Does anyone one know if the boat launch is open at Buntzen?  Can I launch a 12' aluminum?

Thanks

jimmywits

« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2010, 09:34:51 AM »

Does anyone one know if the boat launch is open at Buntzen?  Can I launch a 12' aluminum?

Thanks
I was there a few day's ago and not only was the boat launch closed the last portion of the road and the turn-around were under water.They had the road down to the launch closed right at the parking lot, and I can't see the situation changing anytime soon.

fishman1

« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2010, 11:23:03 AM »

OK Thanks

doja

« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2010, 11:43:49 AM »

Well with the "not so easy access, but still easy access" might be a nice quite day on the lake with no boats and maybe less people filling up the parking lot by 11:00.

And look on the bright side.... closer walk from the parking lot to the water!

sassygrams

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2010, 12:06:34 PM »

Doja - darn, because that is what I was thinking...... not that is where I've decided to go (lol)

doja

« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2010, 12:27:21 PM »

Doja - darn, because that is what I was thinking...... not that is where I've decided to go (lol)

It's a nice lake and one of my favorites. Fishing is usually good any given time... well at least for me  :D

Have fun while you're here!

doja

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2010, 01:55:22 PM »

sassygrams -  Email sent... I have no pm option.