Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: UFC 111 Card and Predictions  (Read 16886 times)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
Re: UFC 111 Card and Predictions
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2010, 07:58:45 PM »

Mitrione destoyed Kimbo. I was optimistic that Kimbo had what it takes. He has nothing!!! He might have been a good street fighter but he has no business in the octagon. On the flip slide Mitrione looks ten times better than when he was in the house. He could do some damage in the heavyweight division.

I am really disappointed in Cote the Canadian. Belcher wins by rear naked choke.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2010, 09:41:23 PM »

Koscheck is a goof. He fakes getting hit with the knee in hopes of getting a point deducted from Daley, he lays on him all match because he is scared of him and than at the end he disses all the Montreal fans. Daley hit Koscheck with a left hook after the buzzer which is all anyone is going to talk about. I agree thats disrespectful and unsportsmanlike but c'mon we all wanted to see that. Koscheck is a cocky goof.

The main event.....WOW!!!! Rua knocks Machida OUT COLD!!! Did you see Machidas face afterwards??? Thats the way to win the championship. Great card. The Stout Stephenson fight was awesome as well.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

wizard

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2010, 09:54:36 PM »

agreed, Kimbo has no nusiness in the UFC. Mitrione was toying with him the whole time...he looked good and showed versatility.   Too bad for Stout, I was really rooting for him, stevens just got too much power.  Cote was rocked from getting droppped on his head by a borderline suplex maneuvre. cote did look rusty first round but looked better in the second, belcher is a tough guy.
Kos daley was a joke.  daley landed minimally and kos laid and prayed.  he SHOULD NOT  get a title shot after that fight. show some class kos.

main event did not dissapoint! way to go SHOGUN, I love his aggressive style and he makes a great champion machida got messed up, bad.
overall an entertaining ppv.

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2010, 11:18:20 PM »

pretty decent card actually.

I thought the shogun machida fight was pretty good, pretty back and forth with shogun having a slight edge due to the one nice flurry. then that dreaded temple punch. i dont know what it is but that spot seems to buckle guys. great knockout and great show of class to stop hitting him before the ref even jumped in. I could foresee a rnd 3 in the future once machida notches a couple nice wins.
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

wizard

« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2010, 08:45:43 PM »

apparantly shogun wants to fight anderson silva. 
I'd like to see machida against jon jones sometime soon as well.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2010, 08:59:22 PM »

apparantly shogun wants to fight anderson silva. 
I'd like to see machida against jon jones sometime soon as well.

Kimbo got his pink slip. He is gone from UFC. Dana was very nice about it and even said he was wrong about Kimbo and what a nice guy and a hard worker he was. He just doesnt have it. He also doesnt fit in any weight class which hurts who he can fight.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

wizard

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2010, 07:19:17 AM »

yeah kimbo just doesn't have enough "tools in his tool belt" as he puts it.  dana got what he wanted out of him, a couple fights and alot of hype. 

Paul Daley has also been released from the ufc.  dana white; "Paul Daley will never fight in the ufc again".