Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: UFC 111 Card and Predictions  (Read 16885 times)

dmocchi

Re: UFC 111 Card and Predictions
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2010, 10:03:48 AM »

Yup , im pretty much on the same 'reasoning' boat as yourself.......I also think this isnt a great card per say......Maia and Edgard really stand no chance unless their opponents show up out-of-shape.

wizard

« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2010, 06:56:36 PM »

Frankie Edagr is new champion at lightweight.  Way to go frankie!

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2010, 08:18:05 PM »

hugely weak card. I had Penn winning the first 3 rounds, and judging by the fight metric and mma sites that was correct..to score 50-45 and 49-46 is a prime example of the judging problems in MMA. edgar slightly edged round 4 and won 5. 1 and 2 were easily BJs landing 35 strikes to 17. round 3 was close but Penns imo. BJ didnt look himself and his performance was lack lustre but I felt he did enough to keep the belt. Oh well he will come back stronger and regain the built before years end.
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

wizard

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2010, 12:08:10 PM »

I can't really comment on the fights cause I didn't see them (too busy cutty fishing on the sunshine coast over the weekend), but from what I heard and read, Edgar deserved to win.  Unfortunately I didn't take my own advise and lay money down on Edgar.  Showdown joe ferraro from sportsnet said he had Edgar winning 4 rounds to 1.  Judging in MMA I agree needs to be sorted out. Why use boxings judging system, when they aren't even the same sport? Also Dana White is PISSED at Anderson Silva for his antics during the Maia fight.  I want to see Silva get ktfo.

wizard

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2010, 07:55:43 PM »

BJ Penn is apparently getting a rematch/title shot against Frankie Edgar at ufc 118.  I don't agree with it, I think Gray Maynard should get a shot first considering Maynard is the only person who's defeated Edgar.
Also, Anderson Silva is expected to face Cael Sonnen at ufc 117.

dmocchi

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2010, 11:09:44 PM »

BJ Penn is apparently getting a rematch/title shot against Frankie Edgar at ufc 118.  I don't agree with it, I think Gray Maynard should get a shot first considering Maynard is the only person who's defeated Edgar.
Also, Anderson Silva is expected to face Cael Sonnen at ufc 117.

Anothe mistmatch with SIlva. Time for him to move to heavyweight.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2010, 11:30:49 PM »

Dana has said if Silva pulls the same crap in his next fight he will be cut. He doesnt care who he is he wont have his fighters dancing around like an idiot.

Chael will get knocked out just like Forest did. I think Silva gets Whites message loud and clear

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2010, 10:02:04 AM »

Anothe mistmatch with SIlva. Time for him to move to heavyweight.

Silva is a middleweight, I am pretty sure he would move to light heavyweight before heavyweight, I personally think the only fighter in MMA with enough talent to beat Silva is GSP, either GSP needs to move up to Middleweight or Silva needs to come down to Welterweight, that would be an amazing fight !!

TH

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

wizard

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2010, 05:06:56 PM »

I agree trophy hunter, gsp vs Silva would be an incredible fight.  GSP I think would be able to finish his takedowns, and Silva would have problems with GSP on top of him.  Problem is obviously the weight issues...it would probably have to be at a catch weight...? Also, Silva said after his Maia fight that he'd like to fight GSP, but Dana White responded by saying "after that fiasco, Silva doesn't deserve to fight GSP", which I agree with.  Sonnen/Silva will go either two ways, Sonnen ground n' pounds Silva, or Silva knocks Sonnen out....whatever, Silva to me is a poor champion.  alot of talent, but he has a weird mentality...(going easy on brazilian fighters, etc.)  I'd like to see him in the future fight Jon Bones Jones at 205.  THAT would be an interesting fight.

Does anyone have any predictions for this weekends WEC event?  I will be ordering this event featuring: URija Faber/JOse Aldo(champ), Manny Gamburyan/Matt Brown, Ben Henderson (champ)/Donald Cerrone. I have Faber, Gamburyan and Henderson.  If you don't know about WEC, it's owned by Zuffa (ufc) and features the top fighters in the world. 

Also, did anyone see dan henderson vs Jake shields>?  Henderson lost in a 5 round decision for strikeforce 185 belt.

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2010, 06:44:22 PM »

GSP would be an interesting match against silva...he would most certainly be able to get him down but i think he would have trouble in silvas guard and wouldnt be able to pass, plus silvas jits is under rated.

The best match up in MMA for silva is Fedor emelianenko. Fedor walks around at 230 and cuts no weight to fight. silva walk around at 220. Fedor is very fast and strong with great power, great chin and hes great on the ground. I think fedor beats Silva.

As for the strikeforce event, weak fights and disgusting post fight antics by shields camp. Henderson looked extremely out of shape which is rumoured to be because of injury. the henderson that fought in the UFC would have destroyed shields.

The king mo vs mousasi fight was a let down...Mousasi is an amazing fighter and only 24...he will be ufc camp one day...king mo controlled the fight with take downs but lay n prayed to victory...
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

rhino

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2010, 08:22:23 PM »

GSP would be an interesting match against silva...he would most certainly be able to get him down but i think he would have trouble in silvas guard and wouldnt be able to pass, plus silvas jits is under rated.

The best match up in MMA for silva is Fedor emelianenko. Fedor walks around at 230 and cuts no weight to fight. silva walk around at 220. Fedor is very fast and strong with great power, great chin and hes great on the ground. I think fedor beats Silva.

As for the strikeforce event, weak fights and disgusting post fight antics by shields camp. Henderson looked extremely out of shape which is rumoured to be because of injury. the henderson that fought in the UFC would have destroyed shields.

The king mo vs mousasi fight was a let down...Mousasi is an amazing fighter and only 24...he will be ufc camp one day...king mo controlled the fight with take downs but lay n prayed to victory...

I agree with you on the Mousasi fight.King mo got beat more on top. ;D ;D. He will be a champ again in strike force and one day in UFC. I think that silva would never ever fight Fedor and if he did (in the near future only. he is getting old) Fedor will destroy him. Mousasi and Silva will be a great fight once Mousasi stops eating his moms home cooked persian food and he trains for better takedown defense and stamina. He currently does little to no cardio training. Just sparing.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 08:24:20 PM by rhino »

wizard

« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2010, 04:54:47 PM »

ok UFC 113 is this weekend on ppv. co main event are Machida vs shogun 2 and josh koscheck vs Paul Daley.  some very tough fights to call on this card.

I've tentatively got Shogun and paul daley winning.  Shogun wants to right a wrong, and machida wants to prove he's still the undisputed champion.  Shogun's style makes him a tough oponent and he will be as aggressive as ever. shogun round 3 tko.  daley/kos could go either way but expect fireworks early. ...(hopefully daley can make weight for once)

other fights...Sam Stout vs Jeremy Stevens; Stout via decision.
Kimbo Slice vs Matt Mitrione; Mitrione via ref stoppage.
Alan Belcher vs Patrick Cote; Cote via KO.
Marcus Davis vs Jonathan Goulet; Davis via KO.

what are your guys' thoughts predictions on this card.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2010, 06:15:04 PM »

ok UFC 113 is this weekend on ppv. co main event are Machida vs shogun 2 and josh koscheck vs Paul Daley.  some very tough fights to call on this card.

I've tentatively got Shogun and paul daley winning.  Shogun wants to right a wrong, and machida wants to prove he's still the undisputed champion.  Shogun's style makes him a tough oponent and he will be as aggressive as ever. shogun round 3 tko.  daley/kos could go either way but expect fireworks early. ...(hopefully daley can make weight for once)

other fights...Sam Stout vs Jeremy Stevens; Stout via decision.
Kimbo Slice vs Matt Mitrione; Mitrione via ref stoppage.
Alan Belcher vs Patrick Cote; Cote via KO.
Marcus Davis vs Jonathan Goulet; Davis via KO.

what are your guys' thoughts predictions on this card.

Looks like a decent card

Shogun over Machida
Daley over big mouth Koscheck
Stout over Stevens
Slice over Mitrione
Cote over Belcher
Davis over Goulet

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: May 04, 2010, 06:18:06 PM »

Machida wins by dec.
Cote wins by TKO
Mitrione by TKO
Marcus davis by TKO
Stout unanimous dec.

Koscheck by sub

wizard

« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2010, 05:02:24 PM »

hopefully there's a bar in Merritt that is showing this pay per view. ::)