Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Secret to Fishing The Squamish River-Read It Here!!11!!  (Read 18709 times)

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer
Secret to Fishing The Squamish River-Read It Here!!11!!
« on: November 12, 2009, 09:29:48 PM »

1-go to google maps

2-type in Judd Road Squamish (it's actually in Brackendale but that's just details)

3-drive to the end of the road/park in the lot provided it's shown on the map as a green space but is just a gravel lot

4-walk up onto the dyke and continue to walk upstream for some minutes, observing countless runs/riffles/tailouts and side channels to fish in

5-proceed to fish/wade/walk/fish/wade/walk/catch fish, etc., etc., etc.,  until you drop

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
Re: Secret to Fishing The Squamish River-Read It Here!!11!!
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2009, 09:31:25 PM »

what do I put on the end of my line? :)
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

waxfeet

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2009, 09:32:36 PM »

wool!

hue-nut

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2009, 09:36:12 PM »

but where are the really good spots ???

milo

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2009, 09:47:47 PM »

Smart move, Sam. :D
Keeping the masses concentrated in and around Brackendale while keeping the really cool spots to yourself. LOL!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2009, 10:28:49 PM »

what do I put on the end of my line? :)

A hook would be a good start.

Matt

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2009, 11:12:27 PM »

wool!

On a short leader.  Chum don't shy from much, and your pencil lead doesn't frighten them.  12" is as much as you'll ever need, beyond that, the yarn is just going to be snagging fish as well not having the depth control you need.

Steel_Mo_Head

• Steel Fever.....
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2009, 01:25:55 AM »

im actually planning to ohit squamish saturday...this is a joke isnt it?
I can't wait to fish ALL the time!

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2009, 06:11:49 AM »

im actually planning to ohit squamish saturday...this is a joke isnt it?
No it's in no way a joke except for the fact that it's all 100% obvious to anyone who bothers to get out of their car and walk for 5 minutes.

People come on the net and ask the same question over & over & over when they could just drive there and start fishing almost anywhere there are fish through the whole system.

Also-you can walk downstream from Judd Road all the way to the corner but apart from one run things don't set up quite as well-except for the one seam right on the corner where the Coho often lie-and Seals lay in wait.......

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2009, 07:54:32 AM »

1-go to google maps

2-type in Judd Road Squamish (it's actually in Brackendale but that's just details)

3-drive to the end of the road/park in the lot provided it's shown on the map as a green space but is just a gravel lot

4-walk up onto the dyke and continue to walk upstream for some minutes, observing countless runs/riffles/tailouts and side channels to fish in

5-proceed to fish/wade/walk/fish/wade/walk/catch fish, etc., etc., etc.,  until you drop

is this near the power lines - I 've seen some there

dereke

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2009, 11:34:43 AM »

Damn you Sam you gave my secret spot ::) ::)..... The cattle always go to the same spots and those who chose to explore will have an awesome day. If anything I am happy that everyone asks what is the best spot and just send them to Judd or the mouth of the Mamquam so I can have my spots to myself or at least fish with competent fisherman who respect this river. The spots we fish if you are snagging or disrespecting the river around you, you will be run off as you are far out numbered by people who do respect it.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 12:41:01 PM by dereke »
always a student

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2009, 12:43:35 PM »

Damn you Sam you gave my secret spot ::) ::)..... The cattle always go to the same spots and those who chose to explore will have an awesome day. If anything I am happy that everyone asks what is the best spot and just send them to Judd or the mouth of the Mamquam so I can have my spots to myself or at least fish with competent fisherman who respect this river. The spots we fish if you are snagging or disrespecting the river around you, you will be run off as you are far out numbered by people who do respect it.

run off lol

why not just try to educate them first?

dereke

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2009, 03:08:39 PM »

If someone knows they are doing something wrong it is different Dennis, there is always a diplomatic approach to these kinds of things to start and if someone is new they will be helped with proper setup and told proper ethics. It isn't like I am some vigilante but if there is a run full of guys who are fishing responsibly and some meathead comes down there with attitude they will be told to go elsewhere. Good thing is the Squamish gets quite a few guys who fish responsibly and do take care of the river due to the lack of retention most of the time.
always a student

bigsnag

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2009, 05:08:59 PM »

There are much better spots than at Judd rd / Mamquam. The  many places I fish I found by going to any river on a weekend and do a drive along the river. The parked cars and trucks are dead giveaways to new places to fish away from crowds. Get outta your cars and do some hiking, most often the walk is not long and you'll be rewarded with a new place to fish.
It ain't the roe bro'

dereke

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2009, 05:32:35 PM »

Good on you bigsnag :)
always a student