Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Why do people complain about the complainers?  (Read 3470 times)

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
Why do people complain about the complainers?
« on: October 13, 2009, 06:44:35 PM »

What's the point in complaining about complainers? I guess now I'm complaining about the people who complain about the complainers!  :-\ I just had to get that off my chest.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

mr.p

Re: Why do people complain about the complainers?
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 06:54:22 PM »

I actually appreciate and am very attentive to the complaints.
Knowledge is king.  From reading various complaints, I have been able to avoid those issues.

If someone had complained about the break-ins along the fraser, I would have saved myself a ton of headache replacing all the items that were stolen from my vehicle.  However, I was unaware of the issue until a few days after I got hit.
Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints...

adriaticum

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2009, 06:56:53 PM »

Stop complaining!  :D :D

Rybar

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 12:47:43 PM »

I was just thinking this while reading Milo's post. Do any forum members actually think the un-ethical fisherman participate and read these forums? Because I am sure alot of the complaining done on the forums doesn't really go very far as getting into the unethical guys mind?

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 12:52:49 PM »

Do any forum members actually think the un-ethical fisherman participate and read these forums?

Rybar, you didn't know? ALL of them on the Vedder only read and participate in this forum. ;)

The discussion on the Chilliwack River pink salmon fishery issue was fairly lengthy last night at the sportfishing advisory committee meeting and there were many good ideas being thrown on the table. This season is a good lesson for all parties to absorb so hopefully prior to the next pink year, we can collaborate with DFO and MoE to put some of these ideas to use.

Rybar

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2009, 10:42:58 AM »

Rybar, you didn't know? ALL of them on the Vedder only read and participate in this forum. ;)

The discussion on the Chilliwack River pink salmon fishery issue was fairly lengthy last night at the sportfishing advisory committee meeting and there were many good ideas being thrown on the table. This season is a good lesson for all parties to absorb so hopefully prior to the next pink year, we can collaborate with DFO and MoE to put some of these ideas to use.

I think the main way to let these people know is either to enforce the laws or have some people walk the river and hand out flyers that expalin proper ethics. Unless people get caught and fined they will always continue to fish un-ethically.