Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: NHL Smack Talk 09-10  (Read 183086 times)

rhino

• Old Timer
Re: NHL Smack Talk 09-10
« Reply #45 on: October 13, 2009, 07:47:23 PM »

still here...no excuses. we are a young team and will soon be a force. until then :P :P :P

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #46 on: October 13, 2009, 08:47:14 PM »

still here...no excuses. we are a young team and will soon be a force. until then :P :P :P

Have you been a young team for 6 years? Thats the last time the Leafs made the playoffs. LOL

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

rhino

• Old Timer
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2009, 05:26:19 PM »

Have you been a young team for 6 years? Thats the last time the Leafs made the playoffs. LOL

we haven't made the playoffs in 4 seasons. 1 year was a lock out and we will see in april if it will be 5 or not.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2009, 05:34:03 PM »

we haven't made the playoffs in 4 seasons. 1 year was a lock out and we will see in april if it will be 5 or not.

Oh thats much better LMAO!!!

Leafs fans = brainwashed with blinders on LOL

I think the Ballard years really did a number on all the fans

Belong to the "4 F Club"

rhino

• Old Timer
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2009, 05:43:20 PM »

Oh thats much better LMAO!!!

Leafs fans = brainwashed with blinders on LOL

I think the Ballard years really did a number on all the fans
LOL. too funny...
yes actually, 4 is better then 6. i think you should smack talk the teams not the fans for being fans
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 05:46:20 PM by rhino »

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #50 on: October 14, 2009, 06:02:09 PM »

LOL. too funny...
yes actually, 4 is better then 6. i think you should smack talk the teams not the fans for being fans

Why not? Their defense to a crappy team is always something funny. Its things like " we are rebuilding " or " were going through a youth movement " well how long can a fan be patient? Why not just say what it is. We have a crappy team with nothing to look forward to. Unless they make some serious moves to get better we are going to stink now and later.

When the Canucks were just brutal us as fans were very hard on them and most of us would tell it like it is. Its just funny how Leafs fans are always defending the organization. What has the organization done for you fans to make you go and pay those outrageous prices for tickets? Atleast if they put out a competitive team every year they could justify those prices but they cant.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

rhino

• Old Timer
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2009, 06:22:49 PM »

Why not? Their defense to a crappy team is always something funny. Its things like " we are rebuilding " or " were going through a youth movement " well how long can a fan be patient? Why not just say what it is. We have a crappy team with nothing to look forward to. Unless they make some serious moves to get better we are going to stink now and later.

When the Canucks were just brutal us as fans were very hard on them and most of us would tell it like it is. Its just funny how Leafs fans are always defending the organization. What has the organization done for you fans to make you go and pay those outrageous prices for tickets? Atleast if they put out a competitive team every year they could justify those prices but they cant.

some fans defend, but i really do think that we got to stink before they become great and learn how to win with our young players. also , I dont know which Leafs fans you are referring too, but most leaf fans are brutally tough on the teams and players. not sure if you have lived in toronto and attended any leaf games in toronto but if you did you would know that they are a harsh bunch. on this thread, sometimes in smack talk we may be defending but thats not necessarily what we are thinking. None the less I love the LEAFS for a lot more reasons then just how many playoffs and wins they get. but a win anytime soon would be nice. ;) ;D maybe Oct 24th...
« Last Edit: October 14, 2009, 06:24:34 PM by rhino »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #52 on: October 14, 2009, 08:41:54 PM »

Brian Burke likes his team:

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=294818

SMo007

« Reply #53 on: October 15, 2009, 06:25:37 AM »

Or my personal favorite, that my Leafs fans friends always brings up, the Stanley Cups the Leafs have won. Now granted it is a storied past, but as I like to point out to them it ALL happened before we were even born. In fact it's well before any of us were even an idea. What really shows how much in denial Leafs fans can be is the fact that if I mention the Cowboys Superbowls of the nineties I'm living in the past, yet there doesn't seem to be a problem with '67 or prior. In no way is this any kind of attack on leafs fans on the board, just my 2 cents. ;)

rhino

• Old Timer
« Reply #54 on: October 15, 2009, 01:39:58 PM »

well said. when the leafs won cups and the majority of the Montreal's too was when there was only 6 or so teams in the league. That usually gets brought up when someone says"when was the last time the leafs were in the playoffs?" and the response is "how many cups has your team won?"

how many have the canucks won anyhow?? :P ::) ;D :D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #55 on: October 15, 2009, 01:46:31 PM »

For the record Rhino.....1 ...Vancouver Milionaires. ;D How difficult is it to win the Cup in a 6 team league ? Canucks been to the finals twice since entering the league. How many times did the Leafs got to the finals in the same time period ?  None :D

SMo007

« Reply #56 on: October 15, 2009, 04:21:29 PM »

For the record Rhino.....1 ...Vancouver Milionaires. ;D How difficult is it to win the Cup in a 6 team league ? Canucks been to the finals twice since entering the league. How many times did the Leafs got to the finals in the same time period ?  None :D

They almost made it in '93.............. but my Kings shut the door on them. ;)

What happened after that we just won't talk about. :'(

SMo007

« Reply #57 on: October 15, 2009, 04:26:13 PM »

I believe the question was how many cups have the CANUCKS won.

Hanging your hat on a cup won almost 100 years ago by a completely different team is almost as bad as what the Leafs fans preach.  ;D

rhino

• Old Timer
« Reply #58 on: October 15, 2009, 05:03:20 PM »

I believe the question was how many cups have the CANUCKS won.

Hanging your hat on a cup won almost 100 years ago by a completely different team is almost as bad as what the Leafs fans preach.  ;D

LOL. the leafs won in the 60s last. thats better then 1910s :P :D

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2009, 05:19:19 PM »

The 'Nucks may not have won a Cup but atleast they've put up a competative team in the past decade, winning their conference 3 times. Toronto's won thier conference once in the same time frame. I'd rather cheer for a team that wins now than a team that won way back then. LOL