Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Patrick Kane ?????  (Read 3414 times)

oddjob

• woof woof
Patrick Kane ?????
« on: August 11, 2009, 05:46:54 PM »

Let's say Kane gets convicted for his charges ,will he have a criminal record ? If he has a criminal record ,can he be refused entry into Canada to play hockey ?

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Patrick Kane ?????
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2009, 06:01:07 PM »

If Kane has a criminal record it's quite conceivable that he would not be allowed entry into Canada. From the way the taxi driver's lawyer is talking, he may not pursue charges in return for some $$$$$$$$$. All this for .20

noxcape

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2009, 06:32:13 PM »

come on we all know that no charges will come out of this because hes an nhl superstar look at freakign heatley he gets drunk drives kills some one and nothing so why would they do it for kane im sick of theses stupidstars getting specail treatment

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2009, 07:49:45 PM »

come on we all know that no charges will come out of this because hes an nhl superstar look at freakign heatley he gets drunk drives kills some one and nothing so why would they do it for kane im sick of theses stupidstars getting specail treatment
Maybe a spell check is in order before we start calling people with talent stupid. ;)

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2009, 09:41:06 PM »

i believe heatley was just under the legal limit...and dan snyder's parents did not want charges for vehicular manslaughter put on heatley as he was a good friend of the family and made a mistake....and that played a big part in his not going to jail.
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2009, 10:46:34 PM »

i believe heatley was just under the legal limit...and dan snyder's parents did not want charges for vehicular manslaughter put on heatley as he was a good friend of the family and made a mistake....and that played a big part in his not going to jail.

Thats not true. He did get charged and convicted of vehicular homicide just not in the first degree.

Here is the full story

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2005/02/04/heatley050204.html

Oh and if Kane did in fact do all this he is an IDIOT!!!

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Birdsnest

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2009, 03:10:06 AM »

Total hunch here.. ( see if I am proven to be psychic, or psycho)....

In watching the interview with the cab driver, here is what I felt/saw...

He kept mentioning about locking the door, especially with students,  until people paid..and not having 20 cents change to give them. 
If you're gonna rob/assault someone, you don't pay them first? 

So here's my theory, putting myself on the line here, and total conjecture, but.. hey.. what the heck..

I think the cab driver must have said something to piss them off, so they paid him 15 bucks and probably demanded their 20 cents back, ie.. no tip.   The cabbie said he didn't have 20 cents.. and probably didn't unlock the door to let them out, so that's why they probably grabbed the guy, hit, whatever, to get him to let them out. 

Either that or he wasn't happy with the 20 cent tip, and tried to extort more by not letting them out.

if this is true, then it makes sense that they would say.. " You don't know who you are messing with..."  That whole phrase, " messing with", doesn't make sense otherwise... " you don't know who you are messing with"...  that implies the cabbie was messing with them, so either he tried to cheat them, or wouldn't let them out..

This is supported by the fact that Kane is pleading not guilty..

okay.. there.. let's see if I am close... or nuts
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 12:03:48 PM by Birdsnest »