Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Illegally fishing with two rods from shore  (Read 30888 times)

gheart008

Re: Illegally fishing with two rods from shore
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2009, 01:39:34 PM »

2 RODS!!!!!...OH sure, but what we should really be able do is just toss the net out and drag the bottom, that way you won't miss anything hahahaha, where do you draw the line? It seems to be okay if you are a commercial fisherman or dare I say it...first nation...
Are we sports fisherman just out to get meat, has the challenge lost it's luster? Come on, that's why its called fishing, not catching.
If you want a fish that bad, go to Safeway, its probably cheaper too...

Just because one uses two rods, doesn't mean that person is going to keep the fish.  I like trolling two rods on Lafarge for instance right after a stocking.  Constant action just makes the entire time super fun.  Doesn't mean I keep the fish...

There are days I just want to have a more relaxing experience, so I just use one rod.  But there are other days where I want constant action for the fun factor.  Nothing wrong with that.

apollo

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2009, 09:59:01 PM »

I have a crazy idea- how about everybody (shore or boat fishermen) just use ONE rod. One person, one rod. Maybe I am crazy?

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2009, 10:44:54 PM »

2 RODS!!!!!...OH sure, but what we should really be able do is just toss the net out and drag the bottom, that way you won't miss anything hahahaha, where do you draw the line? It seems to be okay if you are a commercial fisherman or dare I say it...first nation...
Are we sports fisherman just out to get meat, has the challenge lost it's luster? Come on, that's why its called fishing, not catching.
If you want a fish that bad, go to Safeway, its probably cheaper too...

Just because one uses two rods, doesn't mean that person is going to keep the fish.  I like trolling two rods on Lafarge for instance right after a stocking.  Constant action just makes the entire time super fun.  Doesn't mean I keep the fish...

There are days I just want to have a more relaxing experience, so I just use one rod.  But there are other days where I want constant action for the fun factor.  Nothing wrong with that.

You beat me to it. I rarely keep fish. I never keep trout, or steelhead. I keep a few salmon for smoking thats it. I fish two rods out of my boat so I can cover depths. When anchored I fish two rods so I can fish one static than keep busy by casting another line.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

funpig

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2009, 01:39:56 AM »

Aren't the shores and docks crowded enough?  Double the rods and you will double the congestion.

Rieber

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2009, 06:32:56 AM »

Where does it end. If everyone gets to use two rods then I want to have 4 lines out when my son is with me on the boat.Total ciaos is part of the fun. Why should the single guy in the boat only be the only one allowed to use 2 rods - it doesn't make sense. Although I must admit, it sure is nice to be allowed to do so.

It really should be just one rod per angler regardless of location.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 06:35:20 AM by Rieber »

typhoon

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2009, 07:35:31 AM »

I couldn't agree more. Two hands one rod.

typhoon

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2009, 07:59:16 AM »

No one said it was illegal to fish two rods alone in a boat on a lake, so feel free to play.
The regulation is just dumb. With 2 rods it's not the fisherman catching the fish - it's the boat.

poper

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2009, 03:09:08 PM »

I might be wrong but I think your aloud 2 rods off shore in any tidal region!

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2009, 04:01:33 PM »

I might be wrong but I think your aloud 2 rods off shore in any tidal region!

Wrong. 2 hooks in the tidal fraser but only on one line.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

janders

« Reply #24 on: May 03, 2009, 09:34:34 PM »

Frankly i dont understand the rule either. I do like the fact i can use two rods when im out on the lake by myself and when im on shore i use only one because those are the rules.

Theres ALOT more screwed up laws with fishing and regulations that our almighty elected officials do nothing about that get me worked up long before ill ever be upset that i can only have one rod in the water while im sitting in a lawn chair relaxing the day away far from work  ;)

mattmckay

« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2009, 04:01:15 PM »

How about ice fishing. Are you allowed to drag your ponyoon or rowboat out on the ice and fish two holes?

Richmond

« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2009, 02:09:38 PM »

if you want 2 rods, buy a boat.
In the chuck you can run as many rods as you want.

2 rods for each person on the shoreliine will make things a little crowded.

I can see it already, have a plunking line set-up in a rod holder and drift fishing next to it on the Vedder.  Ya, makes real sence.  ::)

if a guy can handle multiple rods it his boat, then all the power to him.

Morty

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2009, 03:35:37 PM »

2 rods from shore - the bite is ON.
 I see a possible Red Green episode here.
"What are YOU going to DO about the salmon crisis?"

odesseus

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2009, 09:50:10 PM »

Dare I say what would make more sense is that instead of all these regulations you simply have a quota as a sport fisherman; that way fish two rods if you like, heck fish with a net if a food fishery was your thing. But everyone would be taking out their fair share of fish regardless. Any thoughts?

Eagleye

• Old Timer
« Reply #29 on: May 07, 2009, 10:30:23 AM »

Very well. I accept that you think it is fair. Now please explain why.
Give me a rational explanation for the existence of such rule.

How does it benefit the resource? Or the angling sport?

The way I see it is... It is okay for someone in a boat to use 2 rods because if a person has invested in buying a boat (IMO anyone can afford to save up for A used boat or some sort), all the accessories that go with it and obtained a boating licence, they are are most likely avid anglers that are there for the experience more so then filling the freezer and would probably be more apt to relasing some of the fish since the person with the boat is probably there for a full day on the water.  If they were to permit 2 rods from shore you would see more people there trying solely to fill their freezer.  The stocks would be hit harder.  If you are fishing from shore you are generally able to cover the depths at the location you are fishing quite easily.  While trolling in a boat you are covering only one general depth with a single rig.  Therefore having 2 lines is very beneficial for covering a wider spectrum of the water column.  Also if 2 rods are allowed from shore this could lead to 1 rod being placed quite a distance where a fish may have to needlessly struggle before the person realizes they have a fish on or if they are fighting a fish on another rod and then have to land and release that fish and then make it over to the second rod wherever they may have placed it.  Conservation officers would then have a hard time figuring out who's rod is whos what are they going to do finger print the rod to see who was using the barbed hook?  IMO unfortunately it just isn't practical eventhough I have wished I could use 2 rods on occasion.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 10:35:44 AM by Eagleye »