Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Learn more about Tidal Fraser fishing at Fish for the Future on July 11th, 2009!  (Read 12461 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Picked up the CVRCC sign from Don today, looking forward to the event and putting some faces to names.

Also dinner after. ;D ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Good to hear. ;) You should bring a barfishing setup down as well to show people the secret. ;)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

On a more serious note, there will be an information table set up at the event for the proposed project Garibaldi at Squamish and its possible impact on the Cheakamus River by drawing water from its headwater for the resort's water usage. We will have comment forms available for people to fill out, which will be submitted to the environmental assessment office by July 19th.

Buck_wife

what time do you want us there?? & do i need to bring ice and coolers for the drinks too?   :-\

our to do list is this:
water
pop
sandwiches
tent

correct?  ???
(oh, and fix bug pumps for Chris, since he likes to "borrow" the kids so he can get lots of bugs..... ;D)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Come on down around 9am. We'll start the setup around 8:30am.

If you can bring cooler with ice too that would be great. :D If not, either I or Chrome Mykiss will do it. We'll talk tomorrow after I land in Vancouver. :P

Yep, water, pop, sandwiches, tent and Buckeye's camera. ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Come on down around 9am. We'll start the setup around 8:30am.

If you can bring cooler with ice too that would be great. :D If not, either I or Chrome Mykiss will do it. We'll talk tomorrow after I land in Vancouver. :P

Yep, water, pop, sandwiches, tent and Buckeye's camera. ;D
And my new video camera. ;D ;D Watch out u tube. O and a new computer being installed tomorrow, can up load pictures at the press of a button. :-\

arimaBOATER

Weather presently.... WET... forecast for Wednesday ....WET....but weather for weekend ......  SUNNY !!!!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

New video camera! Digital... You're gonna have to spend a lot of time learning how to connect it to your computer. ;D

Yep, sunny weather as usual, hopefully the wind will be light.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

New video camera! Digital... You're gonna have to spend a lot of time learning how to connect it to your computer. ;D

Yep, sunny weather as usual, hopefully the wind will be light.
17 hours of time on a hard drive if you call that digital. ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Thanks to Berry's Bait and Tackle, I now have 300 dew worms sitting in my fridge. :-X Come on down on Saturday to make them swim.

Berry's and other local stores have been active supporters of this event since the beginning.

Buck_wife

yay worms!!!  :D
don't forget hats and sunscreen, its gonna be a warm one  8)  calling for 31 in the 'wack, good thing we're heading away from it!  ;)

well, off to the store for me, hmmmm what else can I add to the grocery receipt that Rod won't notice....... :o ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

If you're coming down tomorrow to fish, or to help out etc, bring a chair. :) It'd make the experience much more enjoyable with the weather that we are expecting to have. :)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Perfect weather as expected! See you all at 10am!

arimaBOATER

Went to THE FISH FOR THE FUTURE EVENT today... & just want to say CONGRADULATIONS to all involved as everyone was having a great time. All the people at the booths were A-1 friendly people. Ya could tell they had their "heart in it".  Also nice to have met Rod 1st hand & Trevor (DFO) whom I've met in the past.  That falcon bird really was GREAT TO SEE up close !!!

Buck_wife

whew, long busy HOT 8) day, but it was GREAT!! :D  I'd say it was a job well done by all, especially Rod, who has to put it all together. :)
Nice to see everyone again, at our once a year get together, lol. I know our family quite thoroughly enjoyed themselves.
Thanks to all the volunteers for eating almost all of the sandwiches. The kids are very appreciative that they don't have to eat tuna and egg for 3 days straight.  ;D ;D