Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Learn more about Tidal Fraser fishing at Fish for the Future on July 11th, 2009!  (Read 12454 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod

Hi Britguy, usually I go to Costco to buy pop, water and some chips for volunteers, and buckwife makes sandwiches for volunteers. I'm not permitted to sell drinks or food for the general public, as that is one of the requirement in hosting this event in the City of Richmond. Would that be something you guys can provide (drinks and chips)? If so let me know and I'll let you know how much I need specifically when the date gets closer and I'll add the company to the sponsors list on the event website.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Just an update. :)

Thanks to those who have emailed me and expressed their interests in helping out on event day. It looks like we will be able to run it very smoothly again this year, just need the weather to cooperate like every other year. If you haven't replied but are still interested, you're absolutely welcome to join us.

Just about all the organizations have replied back and confirmed their attendance at the event. Seymour Salmonid Society will once again bring a tank of coho smolts and their insect lab. Freshwater Fisheries Society of BC will be on site and hosting ongoing learn to fish sessions for kids. OWL will once again bring their popular birds of prey. DFO Steveston will be on site to answer your question on saltwater fishing around the Lower Mainland, the officers will most likely bring their boat around too for the kids to see. Vancouver Aquarium will be attending once again to let everyone know more about the Great Canadian Shoreline Cleanup. We'll have a flytying booth, flycasting section, an aquarium section for kids to display their catches and a fishing tackle section. That's about it! Next update will be sometimes in May or early June. :)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

We are now just over one month away from this year's event. Thanks to several people who have taken up some of the planning tasks of the event while I am out of town. :) If you still want to volunteer but have not replied, please feel free to send me an email.

noxcape

hey rodney i would be intrested in helping out i rep for a bunch of comanpys and i can see if i can get some fishing tackle donated to help jsut let me know what you need and all see what i can come up with just let me know or msg me your email address and ill send you a list of the companies i work for and see if there is anyhtig we can do to help out

andy

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy

I could help out in the beer garden :)
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Trophy Fisher

;D I could help out in the emptying of the beer garden ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Thanks for the offer Andy. I am actually quite well taken care of on the fishing tackle. The event is operated under the BC Family Fishing Weekend, which is sponsored by various companies. They provide rods, reels and other terminal tackles each year.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Bump! We are just over two weeks away from this year's event now.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

Just less than two weeks to go. Thanks to Daniel from DNE and Fishersak, posters and flyers went out to all the stores etc a few days ago. :)

Both RP3 and Newsman will be running flycasting lessons throughout the event, so if you want to get into flyfishing this year, make sure you come on out!

We're still looking for a couple more people to do the licence writing and helping on the floating dock.

Buck_wife

:)
sounds like its all coming together. have made a post on the HS'ing forum like I mentioned. will send out 1-2 reminders in the upcoming weeks.
I could probably write out licenses I guess, as long as I have someone to trade off with after awhile, but I actually had fun putting worms on hooks too......hmmm what to do, what to do!!!  ;D
(ps. apparently the tent is not as easily fixed as we thought.....so that's up in the air yet, whether its coming or not  :( )

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

:)
sounds like its all coming together. have made a post on the HS'ing forum like I mentioned. will send out 1-2 reminders in the upcoming weeks.
I could probably write out licenses I guess, as long as I have someone to trade off with after awhile, but I actually had fun putting worms on hooks too......hmmm what to do, what to do!!!  ;D
(ps. apparently the tent is not as easily fixed as we thought.....so that's up in the air yet, whether its coming or not  :( )
If the CVRCC display comes down they will need the tent fixed, can not sit out in the sun. ;D ;D

Buck_wife

well then the SALMON SOCIETYshould have TAKEN BETTER CARE OF THE TENT!!!

:o ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Right it was being used for the CVRRC display until The Master took it over, better send Frank a bill. ;D ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

We are now just over 10 days away from the event! Between this forum and Flybc.ca, we now have around two dozen volunteers for the event. Thank you. Food and drinks will be provided for volunteers.

Come on out with your kids on July 11th for a fun day of family fishing! :)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod

One week until the event! The weather forecast is looking quite promising, not too hot and not too cold.

Chris will be coming out to this year's event so if anyone who's interested in info on barfishing and other fishing techniques in the Fraser Valley, you should definitely come out and chat with him!