Welcome to the discussion forum. Before you go on, please read the followings.Register carefully!
When you are registering your account, please make sure you have typed in the correct email address. Your correct email address
is required as the discussion forum sends you a notice when the account is approved. If you type in the incorrect email address, you will not be able to activate your account. We approve accounts manually to prevent spam bots from accessing the discussion forum. Occasionally we will miss legit accounts. If your account is not approved within a week, it means we have missed yours so please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
if that is the case.participate responsibly!
We intend to keep this discussion forum a positive learning environment for all. When you participate in our discussion forum, you should do so in a responsible and respectful manner. You should be aware of the followings:
Newly registered member's posting limitation
- No profanity: This discussion forum caters users of all ages and profanity will not be tolerated. Many words have been censored out and please do not attempt to use the same words by omitting a letter or two. They will be deleted. We believe that you can deliver your opinions without these poorly chosen words.
- No flaming or bullying: Cyber bullying is taken very seriously, especially when the recipient is under the age of 18 on the forum. Personal attacks will be deleted.
- Fishing reports: Fishing reports are to be posted in the fishing reports section, which is limited to a number of users (see below). You should provide a general location and date in your report title. Participants who choose to intimidate reporters who choose to name a specific location will not be tolerated by post removal, loss of privelege in the report section or banning. While we understand that some river systems are more fragile than others, not all anglers are aware of this, so a better alternative would be to privately contact the reporters via email in a respectful manner.
- Fish photos: Participants are encouraged to share their photos. If you feel that fish are being mishandled in the photos, respond privately by providing constructive feedbacks. Remember, fish handling techniques are knowledge that entry-level anglers may not be aware of.
- Re-read before posting: Words can be interpreted in different ways so it is important for you to re-read before posting. What appears to be funny to you, may not be at all to others. If you wish others to read, respect and absorb your view points, you must first earn it by doing the same when posting.
- Bannings: If a participant chooses to break these rules and our registration agreement repeatedly, he or she will be banned permanently.
To prevent spam bots posting spams in our discussion forum, newly registered members (or newbies) cannot create a new topic until they post one reply to an existing thread. Our recommendation is that you introduce yourself by posting a reply in this thread
.Fishing report section
Posting and reading our fishing report section is now limited to registered forum members who have made 50 POSTS OR MORE, and FWR subscribers
. If you do not wish to gain access by posting, then you can pay to subscribe
and gain instant access instead plus all other extra features on the website.Post racking is not tolerated! Those who choose to post irrelevant replies or content that is already in the thread will have these posts removed. If continued, the account will be suspended. The goal of the 50 post requirement is to provide quality content for participants and reward those who choose to contribute to this online community. We do not wish to have individuals who only intend to make 50 posts that mostly lack substance only to read fishing reports without further contribution.Personal messages?
Non-subscribers cannot send personal messages but can view personal messages that subscribers send to them. For more information on FWR subscription, please read this page