Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Thats 4 in a row for Canada's Team!!  (Read 11143 times)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
Thats 4 in a row for Canada's Team!!
« on: February 12, 2009, 08:59:06 PM »

Thats right another win and that makes it 4 in a row. How did those Leafs do? Oh thats right that lost AGAIN and to the lowly Lightning!!! LOL

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Thats 4 in a row for Canada's Team!!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 09:17:24 PM »

Two teams going in opposite directions. Canucks win 4 in a row and the Laughs losing 2 in a row. As a true Laugh fan will have you believe, losing is sometimes good as it gives them a high draft pick. ;D
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 09:27:07 PM by Fish Assassin »

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 09:18:43 PM »

Thats right another win and that makes it 4 in a row. How did those Leafs do? Oh thats right that lost AGAIN and to the lowly Lightning!!! LOL

I really like how the nucks are playing but Lou is looking horrible right now!!! He is guaranteed to let in a minimum of two bad goals a game !! Starting to worry me !!

TH

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 09:20:08 PM »

I really like how the nucks are playing but Lou is looking horrible right now!!! He is guaranteed to let in a minimum of two bad goals a game !! Starting to worry me !!

TH

Your right hes not on his game. He let in that one from 50 feet out. 2 of those goals were his fault. If he was on his game these close games would not be close.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 09:39:27 PM »

Thank god the Olympics are a year away!  There isn't one of the top four goalies the analysts have been talking about all season who's on top of his game at the moment:

Brodeur-injured
Luongo-letting in 3-4 goals per game...half of them soft
Price- confidence all but gone
Mason-mono

YIKES!  Well, luckily a year is a long ways off and a lot can happen in that time.

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 09:47:09 PM »

Leafs did exactly what they were built to do...compete but lose more than win...some folks think their team will win the cup yearly... ::)....you've never seen me predict a cup...notice a difference from today and the past Leaf squads???....if ya didn't I'll help...think younger faster grittier....and its gonna get worse while these young guys get some experience...but the future looks good from here...meanwhile the Cannots will continue to be the bridesmaid...just a nicer dress.... :D :D :D

mojo ;D
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 10:00:15 PM »

Leafs did exactly what they were built to do...compete but lose more than win...some folks think their team will win the cup yearly... ::)....

mojo ;D

Ya ALL Leafs fans. I have not seen any of us Canucks fans predicting any cup wins.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2009, 10:10:36 PM »

All right, let's hear from those Canuck fans who predicted a Stanley Cup this year  :D

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2009, 10:19:03 PM »

That was definitely a game rthe Canucks had to win, especially with having to play Dallas tomorrow night.  Sounds like LaBarbera is going to be between the pipes tomorrow nigh , not that it makes much difference the way Louie has been playing.  Getting in late and losing an hour isn't going to help their cause either.

Not sure if I'm totally enjoying the way the Canucks are playing those first periods of late...giving up the two quick goals each game but there's nothing like come from behind wins to help build confidence.

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2009, 09:11:48 AM »

That was definitely a game rthe Canucks had to win, especially with having to play Dallas tomorrow night.  Sounds like LaBarbera is going to be between the pipes tomorrow nigh , not that it makes much difference the way Louie has been playing.  Getting in late and losing an hour isn't going to help their cause either.

Not sure if I'm totally enjoying the way the Canucks are playing those first periods of late...giving up the two quick goals each game but there's nothing like come from behind wins to help build confidence.

Unfortunately the first period defecits are a direct result of poor goaltending, they have outplayed their opposition in the last two first periods and have come out of both with 2-0 defecits !! soft goals let in by Loungo !! I still have yet to see him play like he is "the best in the world" as a lot of people like to call him, every year it takes him 10-15 games to get going.... how can you be the best if you always have slow starts ??? I think we would be better off with a steady goaltender who wins his share and only lets in one soft goal per game...  Unfortunately this city loves this guy even though he has never earned it !!! I would llove to see him regain some sort of form but...................... all I can say is Luongo can't keep expecting his team to score five goals minimum per night in order to squeak out a win
TH

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2009, 09:41:42 AM »

how quickly 4 W's in a row erases that 10 game drought.
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2009, 10:36:19 AM »

What 10 game drought? They never lost 10 in a row. They lost 8 in a row and 3 of those were OT losses which they got 3 points from. Aren't you a Sens fan? How is that working out for you this year? They have 48 points. The Canucks have 60 points.

Belong to the "4 F Club"

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2009, 11:51:59 AM »

Loungo is nursing his groin. Like he should. But eventually he will be creeping back into his old form of outstanding saves and spectacular flexibility because he can't help but play his best. A few games of that and he'll re-injure his groin. Groin pulls are nasty, and will nag a player (especially a goalie) for the rest of his life.

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2009, 12:36:42 PM »

Louongo is saving himself for his new team next fall...;)))

mojo
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2009, 02:10:22 PM »

What 10 game drought? They never lost 10 in a row. They lost 8 in a row and 3 of those were OT losses which they got 3 points from. Aren't you a Sens fan? How is that working out for you this year? They have 48 points. The Canucks have 60 points.

Nope I'm the Sens fan.
First of all the lost 9 GAMES, 3 in OT, not 8.
Secondly Ottawa is picking up fast with the new coach and goalie. Brian Elliot is playing better than Luongo right now.
Not bad for a minor goalie eh  8)