Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Thats 4 in a row for Canada's Team!!  (Read 11144 times)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Thats 4 in a row for Canada's Team!!
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2009, 03:55:14 PM »

With the present system it's going to be extremely difficult for the Sens to make the playoffs. Doesn't look like Ontario is going to have any teams in the post season this year.

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2009, 04:05:15 PM »

Lol 15 points out... and only 29 games left to go out. I, personally am calling it impossible.
But then again 2 years ago I remeber the Leafs going like 20-5 in the last 25 games and ALMOST making it with Aubin as goalie.
They shoulda kept him, where did he ever go  ???

Im actually beginning to think they will once again be great next year.
Elliot is actually a very good goalie, and he is solid and consistant, I don't think I've seen him let in a bad goal since he started playing.
Hopefully they can come in last, get a good draft pic and make some trade for D-man  8)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2009, 04:15:00 PM »

how quickly 4 W's in a row erases that 10 game drought.

What 10 game drought? They never lost 10 in a row. They lost 8 in a row and 3 of those were OT losses which they got 3 points from. Aren't you a Sens fan? How is that working out for you this year? They have 48 points. The Canucks have 60 points.

Nope I'm the Sens fan.
First of all the lost 9 GAMES, 3 in OT, not 8.
Secondly Ottawa is picking up fast with the new coach and goalie. Brian Elliot is playing better than Luongo right now.
Not bad for a minor goalie eh  8)

Its 8

Go look at the Canucks schedule

Jan 7th WIN Edmonton 4-2
#1 - Jan 9th loss St.Louis 6-4
#2 - Jan 10th loss San Jose 4-2
#3 - Jan 13th loss New Jersey 5-3
#4 - Jan 15th loss Phoenix 4-1
#5 - Jan 18th loss Columbus 6-5 OT
#6 - Jan 20th loss San Jose 2-1 OT
#7 - Jan 28 loss Nashville 5-3
#8 - Jan 31st loss Minnesota 4-3 OT
Feb 3rd WIN Carolina 4-3

Do you need any other proof  ::)

Oh wait here look at their schedule

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/teams/van/schedule?v=cal&m=01&y=2009

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2009, 04:49:51 PM »

Elliot is actually a very good goalie, and he is solid and consistant, I don't think I've seen him let in a bad goal since he started playing.
Hopefully they can come in last, get a good draft pic and make some trade for D-man  8)

I think you're overly optimistic. The Sens are a team in disarray despite their modest winning streak. Inconsistent goaltending, suspect defence and their biggest problem - their General Manager.

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2009, 05:17:03 PM »

I think you're overly optimistic. The Sens are a team in disarray despite their modest winning streak. Inconsistent goaltending, suspect defence and their biggest problem - their General Manager.

First of all, hoping they get last should be called pessimistic shouldn't it?
Secondly I think you are right, Brian Murray is by far a better coach, get a new GM and put Murray back on the bench.
The goaltending was suspect and inconsistant until Elliot came up, looks like they are more confertable with him back there.
Auld and Gerber were both a big dissapointment for me this year, they definatley need another goalie.
I dunno, to me they look a little more like the old Sens right now, they are pinching, big line is picking up and they have very aggressive PK and playing in general.

tortuga

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2009, 05:25:26 PM »

Another glorious day out here in the best province in Canada, Beautiful British Columbia.
A little golf, fishing reports (V.I.) are looking good, and the Canucks are on a roll.
Bring it on.  ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2009, 08:45:03 PM »

Another glorious day out here in the best province in Canada, Beautiful British Columbia.
A little golf, fishing reports (V.I.) are looking good, and the Canucks are on a roll.
Bring it on.  ;D
Yes you are correct on some counts but did the Canucks start another losing streak this evening? ;D ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2009, 08:53:59 PM »

Bring it on.  ;D
Yes you are correct on some counts but did the Canucks start another losing streak this evening? ;D ;D

You can't win them all Chris  ;D BTW, it's was poor refereeing. Mr. Magoo must be refereeing. :D We will start another streak on Sunday.

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2009, 10:06:19 PM »

Bring it on.  ;D

You can't win them all Chris  ;D BTW, it's was poor refereeing. Mr. Magoo must be refereeing. :D We will start another streak on Sunday.

fail.... :D :D :D

mojo
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2009, 10:17:59 PM »

Poor ice ? Food poisoning ? :D

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2009, 10:18:19 PM »

You wanna see poor officiating. SHOULDA WATCHED THE BRUINS GAME  :-X  ::)  :o

mojoman

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2009, 08:51:19 AM »

Poor ice ? Food poisoning ? :D

26 ounce flu????  ;D

mojo
Lou will turn things around with his game and the Canucks will make their way back to the top of their division... Canuck's have a great chance of going all the way this year... maybe you can save this post so I can say I told you so in a couple of months Smiley

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2009, 05:38:37 PM »

How is Elliot doing tonight? Not watching? Let me fill you in. 12 shots 9 saves. Got pulled and Auld is in net now. Guess you spoke too soon LOL

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2009, 09:36:17 PM »

how quickly 4 W's in a row erases that 10 game drought.

What 10 game drought? They never lost 10 in a row. They lost 8 in a row and 3 of those were OT losses which they got 3 points from. Aren't you a Sens fan? How is that working out for you this year? They have 48 points. The Canucks have 60 points.

Nope I'm the Sens fan.
First of all the lost 9 GAMES, 3 in OT, not 8.
Secondly Ottawa is picking up fast with the new coach and goalie. Brian Elliot is playing better than Luongo right now.
Not bad for a minor goalie eh  8)

Im also a sens fan, dont get to watch them too often, not missing much this year though. 9 games 10 games whatever my point being 4 games in a row doesnt erase that black mark, and 2 of those wins they were down and had to come back, there going to have to fight hard for a playoff spot again this year...
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.