Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2009 Chilliwack River steelhead fishery information & water condition updates  (Read 167765 times)

younggun

• Old Timer

I was there this past week, and the water is just perfect, u can see 4-5ft easy, and only the deepest and choppiest sections are blurred. Its great conditions. Get out and hook a few bullets
Fish killer 101

hue-nut

• Old Timer

buddy texted me this morning, river is blown.  :'( i'm still gonna head out cause I live pretty close, but if you are thinking about coming out from very far away you might want to know. anyone else see it this morn? I know that the gauge jumped up.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

I looked at it around 2 at Peach and it seemed to be fishable but a large thunder storm came through with rain, wind and lightning so I quickly retreated to the Leaf Mobile. Cleared up a bit now, I may check it later. If I do I will report back.

HOOK

• Old Timer

water has gotten very dirty when i left at 2pm. visibility was down to 1 foot or less in the lower end. was about 3 feet early in the morning and just kept getting worse.
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

River was not that great when I first got there but when I left near dark it was around 2 feet visibility and improving. It is quite cool out so I think it should be fine tomorrow if some clay does not slump in.
Enjoyed the outing and missed a fish of some sorts twice on a shrimp. Also got a nice picture of a Harlequin duck.

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook

Just took a quick trip before the sun came out. Its good up top, 2 feet at tamahi, maybe a tad better below the crossing.
The Bigger The Better!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer

Phone call from The Master just came in and he just picked up a fish, said water is good. ;D

hue-nut

• Old Timer

fished the lower for a few hours yesterday, clarity improved to about 2.5' when I left. No fish for me though

shortfloat

• I'm a llama!

Water was looking decent at the bridge this afternoon!

Steeler2000

• I'm a llama!

Out this afternoon and river is way up and way dirty  :'( , , the freshet seems to be underway .

With the amount of snow still on the mountains and some sunny days ahead ..... unless you are a side channel slayer I would say the season is about done .

HOOK

• Old Timer

NOOOOO!! say it isnt so  :'( :'(
Check out our new blog

tnt

the upper was up but in really sweet conditions yesterday... the lower was gone in the afternoon.
Just because you have a pin rod doesnt mean you know how to fish it.....

Robert_G

going up...up...up

HOOK

• Old Timer

Up doesnt bother me with a fly rod (i have T 14) but chocolate milk river is what i dont want.
Check out our new blog

younggun

• Old Timer

I've got all 1000 grains of that 12ft of T-14 in a 3/8 inch wide and 2 inch long section of pencil lead! As long as it stays in shape its all good.
Fish killer 101