Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Off to Euroland  (Read 15965 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Off to Euroland
« on: November 24, 2008, 03:20:15 PM »

Hullo from YVR, ten minutes before boarding my flight to Europe. ;D Free wireless internet at the airport, how convenient! :D

Check out the kelp forest aquarium that they have in the new terminal. I spent a good ten minutes filming these fish.

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
Re: Off to Euroland
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2008, 03:25:07 PM »

Hullo from YVR, ten minutes before boarding my flight to Europe. ;D Free wireless internet at the airport, how convenient! :D

Check out the kelp forest aquarium that they have in the new terminal. I spent a good ten minutes filming these fish.

Slacker!   Off to party in Denmark again?  Haven't they put you on a banned list of some sort yet? ;)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2008, 03:32:46 PM »

Have a safe flight. Now that the boss is away we can all be very good and not cause any problems. :D
« Last Edit: November 24, 2008, 04:33:43 PM by DionJL »

Sinaran

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2008, 03:43:14 PM »

ten minutes just to film the aquarium?  what a g...e....e...k...    ;D

j/k
so nice that u could travel to your other home every now and then.. i am jealous~
enjoy your trip, Rod.  have a good one!
Fish on!!! woohoo..!!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2008, 10:53:40 AM »

Arrived a few hours ago. ;D When the plane approached land, I saw some white stuff on the ground. :-\ The forecast is calling for mild weather for the rest of this week, so I expect all that to be gone soon. ;D The rods are unpacked, they appear to have escaped damages. That's all it matters, the dirty underwear have been brought over here and can be washed later, gotta catch some sea trout first. ;D Been awake for 26 hours now, almost ready to sleep. ;D

Buck_wife

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2008, 09:31:55 PM »

jet lag shouldn't really be a problem with the hours you keep.... :P
glad to hear you had a safe trip, enjoy your stay!!! 8)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 02:55:14 AM »

Jet lag was definitely a problem. :P After heading to bed at 9:00pm, only to wake up at 1:00am and stayed wide awake until 5:30am before another four hours of nap.

Some photos from the ride yesterday.

Hey look, everyone's favorite bridge in Vancouver.

This is an island in southern part of Denmark, taken as the plane entered the country. Check out the light and dark substrates in the shallow water, there must be sea trout swimming around.

The ground was lightly sprinkled with the white stuff. Notice how flat it is and just about all the land is agriculturally developed.

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 10:46:50 AM »

Great pics !! have a goood, safe trip !!  nice to hear you will be able to make the derby next year.... about time :)

TH

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 07:26:26 PM »

Looking forward to alot of pictures, keep them coming, have fun.
The Bigger The Better!

CohoMan

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2008, 09:28:31 PM »

Lot of trout swimming around. Bet you will have an awesome time hooking them on your trip!!!!

Enjoy your vacation!!!!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2008, 11:46:27 PM »

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2008, 06:58:27 PM »

Rod Ol' Chap!

A minor request if you'd be inclined to entertain...

Last time I was over in Norway, I awoke one morning with a seriously swollen head/tongue due to a wee bit of over-imbibement (like THAT never happens :D ) Anyway, my host of the time graciously ran down to the local pharmacist, and procured some powdered concoction he claimed would remedy the situation, fast and painless. Although dubious, I tried it, and Walla! Within ten minutes I felt like I was on top of the world, with no lingering effects from the night before whatsoever! Gotta love it when something works as advertised!

The concoction was labelled in their own language (Greek of course to me) so I  couldn't decipher it. My Buddy suggested the translation to English was something like Feel Good or Feel Better or Feel Well. Over our stay there it came in handy numerous times. I bought quite a bit of it, but unfortunately it ran out while I was still in Africa.

So, I was wondering if you might have a brief moment to see if you could procure some of this wonderful potion. If so, I will of course immediately reimburse you for any expense incurred. Thinking something around 50 clams worth would likely get me through for a short spell...

No Worries if you're too busy fishing etc. Just a thought, and one I would forever be beholden to. ;)

Cheers and TIA for considering.

Have a BLAST over there Buddy (like you need any encouragement in that regard! :D)

Cheers,
Nog

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2008, 07:09:51 PM »

Sounds like quite a New Year's Eve planned Nog. :D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2008, 10:25:51 PM »

Hey Matt, I'll see if Nina can figure it out what it is and bring some back if we find it. The pharmacies here work quite differently to what is available to us in Canada. One cannot simply run into the store and grab as many packs of pills off the shelves. It is a lot more tightly controlled.

I might even be able to make a delivery since I may need to be on VI for a meeting around the end of January. :)

IronNoggin

• Old Timer
  • Any River... Any Time....
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2008, 09:30:27 AM »

...I might even be able to make a delivery since I may need to be on VI for a meeting around the end of January. :)

Sincerely appreciated Rod! Could actually use a little shot of that stuff today! :-\
The powder was meant to be mixed with water prior to ingestion if that helps at all...

BTW, bring your river gear when you wander over. Methinks we might have to check on the local flow re: steel while you're about ;)

Cheers,
Nog