Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Green Timbers Lake, November 16th 2008  (Read 6596 times)

yamadirt 426

Green Timbers Lake, November 16th 2008
« on: November 17, 2008, 08:24:03 PM »

Went at sun down and made a few casts at 4:45pm. Using a multicolor needle fish spoon with some splitshot. About 15 casts later fish on for a couple seconds then off.  :) That was it. Dark at 5:05 had to go. This is all I've been packing with me lately. 6' ultralight shimano and a box of spinners and spoons. Its lined with 4# fireline with a 5 pound leader. That fireline is tough. The rod pouch holds the licence/leader/pliers. Its been working great at the local flows in surrey , green timbers , and garry point richmond.  Its a tough rod , great for any fish under 5lbs I hope   :o  Makes hiking very easy. Lots of fun
« Last Edit: November 17, 2008, 08:25:41 PM by yamadirt 426 »

HOOK

• Old Timer
Re: Green Timbers Lake, November 16th 2008
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 08:28:54 PM »

awesome little setup you got there buddy

I think we need to get together again and do some fishing  ;D
Check out our new blog

http://funonthefly.blogspot.ca/

yamadirt 426

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 09:01:15 PM »

Sounds good Hook. You on nights or days right now. I got the snuggly for the little guy so I'm good to go.  Work is slowing a bit so I should be able to do the local stuff before nightfall. And if I take the baby and give Melissa time to nap I should get the O.K. anytime.  ;D I'll call ya soon you just have to let me know your hours

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2008, 09:05:15 PM »

im on days this week  ::) LOL im not home until 4ish though (depending on construction traffic) but i might be able to come catch a few casts on my  ;D

why dont you PM me on the "other" site LOL or ya just give me a call

on the Green Timbers note-- you see any fish rising when you were there? they did just toss some fish in there like a week or so ago.

I hope i can fly fish with my kid next year  ;) cant let a baby stop me from fishing LOL
Check out our new blog

yamadirt 426

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2008, 09:14:48 PM »

Yes They were boiling .It was hard to see and I was only there for about 20 min , but an easy dozen fish all fairly close to shore.  Hooked mine off that weird platform/dock thing. 

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2008, 09:21:59 PM »

cool guess i wil have to bring some green timbers specials with me LOL i think either a Black or Red spratley will work just fine  right now  ;D
Check out our new blog

CALI 2 B.C.

« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2008, 10:14:09 PM »

deli shrimp, that multi-color green,orange powerbait with about a 2' leader. Or gold spinners have worked the best for me there.
famous people walk on red carpet because theyre famous...me i walk on toilet paper because im the $h!^

prairiefire

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2008, 02:44:02 PM »

I like the setup. Where did you get it? Nice setup for when I'm out with the kids. Quick and easy to setup. I've had luck with both orange and pink powerbait.

p.s. What's the "other site" ?
"Assholes are like opinions, everybody got to have one."-Method Man

yamadirt 426

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2008, 03:47:49 PM »

I picked it up at steveston hardware/marine on the bypass/langley. Paid $100 for the rod and $60 for the reel.  I don't spend alot on my gear like other guys do. I usually cheap out. There is alot of telescopics out there for cheaper but the way this one breaks down with the case thats holds the reel and all , I just had to get it.  The "other site " is another B.C. fishing site. Its how I met Hook. The other site is like a big party where you have some good guys, yahoo's, no-it-alls all mixed in. :o This site is where you would take your family to go fishing  ;D  Being I am a family man now I like better here. Plus Rod is much more inspiring to go out and have fun no matter what you fish for.

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2008, 06:47:10 PM »

ya the "other" site is good if you can get some info out of the know-it-alls LOL with some of them claiming me as one of them  ;) I only asked him to message me there because we cannot PM each other here without paying to do so  :-\
Check out our new blog

prairiefire

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2008, 09:12:58 PM »

I just checked out that other site. I am new to west coast fishing(being a former flatlander). I was just curious about another site to find info on how to hone my newfound(?) fishing skills/techniques. I personally like this site much more than the "other". Keep up the good work Rod!
"Assholes are like opinions, everybody got to have one."-Method Man

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2008, 09:34:32 PM »

I just got banned permanentally off the "other site." (Don't start any flossing topic under the spey section, they dont liek that) ;D Have to say I like this site a lot better  ;)
I know they'll miss me  ::)

This topic is soooooo high jacked... but I guess the poster kinda helped it along  ;D

joska

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2008, 10:02:31 PM »

well im sure they got lots of those rods left... saw those pfluger reels going for cheap... great for the stocking on the fireplace...  in the up coming months...;D
If you don't like the fish you're catching... change the bait!!

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2008, 10:22:57 PM »

Lets not derail the thread by comparing sites. Each site has its own niche on the WWW that caters different anglers. Glad to see some enjoy their time here and we'll continue to make improvements to maintain the quality.

ya the "other" site is good if you can get some info out of the know-it-alls LOL with some of them claiming me as one of them  ;) I only asked him to message me there because we cannot PM each other here without paying to do so  :-\

Pay to play. ;D Private messaging is just one feature that is offered to subscribers. My only request would be to carry out private conversation by email or messengers, rather than using the fishing report thread. Not because you're not paying, but it makes it frustrating to other readers who are not expecting to find irrelevant information when clicking on a fishing report. :)

Back to Green Timbers Lake, we fished it back in early October:

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/blog/?p=50

The lake has received its final batch of trout for 2008, but fishing should remain good for the rest of this year.

Note the upcoming changes of Green Timbers that I've mentioned in this post:

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=17288.msg182678#msg182678

I like to float fish at the northern end of the lake by casting the float out far. :) I find that lure fishing can be tough at times as the lake gets quite weedy.

Nice spinning setup yamadirt 426. I grew up using telescopic rods but in the last decade or so have distant myself away from them, mostly because the guides are not distributed properly. They are certainly very convenient if space is an issue. The other option would be to find spinning rods that come in 4 or 5 pieces.

Good luck to those who head out again. :) It maybe urban but it I enjoy doing it from time to time too.

HOOK

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: November 19, 2008, 04:53:17 PM »

i used to fish this lake (when i first heard about it) with power bait or worms off the botto, and also used spinners. Since i started fly fishing (actually taught myself fishing here) thats all i use at any lake and even for most salmon species  ;D

Check out our new blog