Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: video camera - live or recorded?  (Read 3851 times)

fisherwithrod

video camera - live or recorded?
« on: September 21, 2008, 01:46:14 PM »

Interesting to watch:
http://www.hancockwildlifechannel.org/staticpages/index.php/20071006124325454

For whomever saw this before, does anyone know whether this is a live camera or just a recording? My guess is the latter...

Hook Set

Re: video camera - live or recorded?
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2008, 01:57:51 PM »

These are still replays from last year

adriaticum

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2008, 02:34:40 PM »

Unfortunately some people, (the Hancock foundation), don't know the difference between a live cam and a movie.

Gotcha

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2008, 10:31:09 PM »

Funny thing is that it mentioned that it's a live streaming vedio as i recall.... If so, how could they be playing a replay of last years salmon return to the hatchery  ??? ???

Gotcha

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2008, 01:54:08 PM »

If you guys had read below the vid, you would see the cam is probably not going to be live until October 6th, when they have their own cable modem installed at the hatchery.  :P

:D
Tex

fisherwithrod

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2008, 02:44:00 PM »

yep, read below the vid' but the date is 2007...

I had the video run for more that 1.5 hours. I tried to open the hyperlink quite a few times, in new windows. Every time I'd refresh the screen, the video would start again with a different "scene", showing something different... Unless this is really live (it is sunny outside, today, too) they must have a really looong recording...

oh well, I guess I need more outdoor action :-) I plan to hit the river this week...

cheers,
guy

Herrie

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2008, 02:55:01 PM »

My guess it's live, I watched it a few times last year (early this year) and it had that same text underneath. At that time it was clearly live, since you could see the light change during the day.

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2008, 07:36:55 PM »

Well, I may be wrong, but I'm 95% sure that earlier this year (ie during the summer) the text below the cam said it may be pre-recorded until the cable modem is installed on Sept 15th.  Now it says Oct 6th.  So that would tell me that its NOT live.

Also, when was the last time you saw that many chum in the Chehalis this early in the year?

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2008, 07:37:43 PM »

My guess it's live, I watched it a few times last year (early this year) and it had that same text underneath. At that time it was clearly live, since you could see the light change during the day.

Uh, Herrie, the light changed during the day when the old footage was shot too.  Maybe think that they just synced it up?  lol

Herrie

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2008, 09:08:25 AM »

Could be, didn't think about that but do you really think they'd go through all that trouble?  ;)

It says Oct 6 2007, they should be having their own cable in a years time.
You're right that there are a lot for the time of the year, guess we'll have to go see for ourselves  :D

Mike D.

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2008, 12:19:03 AM »

Thats old footage.....the only fish I have seen are Old springs, and the odd rainbow/summer run!

Hook Set

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2008, 08:50:58 PM »

Definetly not live yet. I watched it the first couple days of september and the cam showed that the hatchery was LOADED with boot chum but I talked to somebody that was there a few days later and they said no chum yet. So its definetly not live yet.

Fastdog

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2008, 11:03:29 AM »

no its a recording back in july the chum where on it, hundreds and they all where moldy

Nitroholic

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2008, 10:45:04 PM »

no its a recording back in july the chum where on it, hundreds and they all where moldy

July of this year are you sure? I would have guessed this is replay footage from Oct/Nov of 2007 judging by the looks of the chum.