Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: CAP sucks!!!!  (Read 2753 times)

Baitcaster

• I'm a llama!
CAP sucks!!!!
« on: July 04, 2008, 11:30:29 PM »

What would u guys say?

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
Re: CAP sucks!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2008, 11:42:31 PM »

I agree too...

I have been 4 times now, each of us skunked all trips... And it's not like I have seen fish either, not even a roll.

Normally there would be at least 6 to the beach by now, I'm even fishing guts ;)

Things are getting pretty desperate, I think as soon as the Vedder is in shape I'll be switching over.

Cheers,
Nicole
« Last Edit: July 04, 2008, 11:44:13 PM by Nicole »
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

EZ_Rolling

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 07:50:40 AM »

I have had great luck on the Cap this year but sorry to say I have not seen one fish taken on roe, all the fish I have seen landed were caught on spinners.

Neo

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 01:21:09 PM »

I have tried Capilano 4 times this year, only spinners used – 4 times skunked. This does not match my experience from previous years …

lucky

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 05:48:30 PM »

Although this may be a slow start for the Cap "Ive been skunked 4 times already" its not a write off just yet. These coho keep arriving until mid November, leaving almost 4 months to fish for them!

Personally I would rather fish the Capilano in the fall when the angling pressure is spread over the other rivers, also you dont have to get up so early to be at the river at first light.

Sam Salmon

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 06:14:14 PM »

It's always sucked-what do you expect from a river where people can watch you fish from their high rise windows ? ::)

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008, 07:30:28 PM »

This year definitely Sucks!!! Been out more times than ever and still have only caught 7 ho's. Most years it would be forty or more. Still and always this little river holds a special place in my heart, both for its beauty and for the many great memories its given me and mine. Sure beats the hell out of Green Timbers and I'm only 2 minutes away from there. Good Fishing All. ;)

FISHIN MAGICIAN

• Shut up an' Fish
    • Ocean Adventure Center
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2008, 07:43:51 PM »

This year definitely Sucks!!! Been out more times than ever and still have only caught 7 ho's. Most years it would be forty or more. Still and always this little river holds a special place in my heart, both for its beauty and for the many great memories its given me and mine. Sure beats the hell out of Green Timbers and I'm only 2 minutes away from there. Good Fishing All. ;)

Maybe you should stop complaining. Get out in a boat and spend the $$$$ on gas, invest the time...etc...and try to catch a HO in the chuck off West Van and then see if you're still catching 7 Hos so far this year. Notice that there are no boats trolling off West Van so far this year? That's cuz the river is so high and the tides are not faciltating the fishery.

only 7 hos this year...OH MY....that's more than the entire saltwater fleet... sheesh...

Only 7 hos and he's complaining...oh my...

LOL.

;)
"You go in the cage--The cage goes in the water- - Shark's in the water--Our shark-Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish ladies, Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish Ladies at Sea.." -Quint

adriaticum

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2008, 08:07:04 PM »

There are fish out there!
I went out today to a spot on the lower Cap where I got one a couple of days earlier and I got skunked today.
The first hour I didn't know if there were any fish in the pool I was fishing but I was chucking spinners, roe anyway from 5 am.
Then I saw two fish swim into the pool from the only tight shoot they could come up through so I knew that there were fish in the pool.
They even jumped just to tease me and I was casting spinners right in front of them but they wouldn't have any of it.
So the day is just one of those days.
But there are fish in the Cap make no mistake.