Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: License renewal  (Read 10988 times)

Every Day

• Old Timer
Re: License renewal
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2008, 02:24:56 PM »

Do they really ask for valid ID.... If they do I would be screwed because all I carry when Im fishing is my liscence in my vest. Maybe I should start carrying my wallet lol.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2008, 02:54:40 PM »

Do they really ask for valid ID.... If they do I would be screwed because all I carry when Im fishing is my liscence in my vest. Maybe I should start carrying my wallet lol.

No they can not ask for anything other then your license as that is what is stated in the regs. In fact you legally do not even have to provide ID to a police officer, mind you it is in your best interest to do it for the police. But as far as while fishing your license is all you ever need.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2008, 02:55:22 PM »

Sweet thanks fly guy

Chrome Mykiss

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2008, 09:18:38 PM »

I'm not sure if its a new policy or procedure for new conservation officers, but I got asked for my drivers license while getting my angling license checked today. I discussed this issue with some of my fishing buddies who are regulars on the Vedder and they say that this procedure has been going on since the beginning of Steelhead season. I too thought about what if a person did not carry a piece of identification them while fishing in this situation. I'm sure the officer would give a person some grace if that person was not able to show them some personal identification  ;)

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2008, 09:30:06 PM »

What if the fisherman doesn't drive ?

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2008, 10:01:56 PM »

If a RCMP officer asks for your fishing license, would you show him or her? I can't seem to find this requirement written in the regulation synopsis. ;)

ED, it is also in your own best interest to carry a photo ID for safety reasons, in case of a medical emergency, unlikely at your age but always a possibility.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2008, 10:37:53 PM »

If a RCMP officer asks for your fishing license, would you show him or her? I can't seem to find this requirement written in the regulation synopsis. ;)

ED, it is also in your own best interest to carry a photo ID for safety reasons, in case of a medical emergency, unlikely at your age but always a possibility.

It actually does say that an RCMP officer can ask for your fishing license try looking on page 12 of the regs under inspection. But you still do not have to produce any other ID. In fact when I am on the lake in the pontoon I never have any thing but my fishing license. On the veddar river though I always keep my wallet with me only because of break ins but on the Allouette I never bring it. If I am not the one driving I only bring my fishing license and my debit card and that is it.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2008, 10:53:36 PM »

I definitely need a new pair of glasses. ::)

Anyway, take a look at this related thread:

http://www.flybc.ca/forum/index.php?showtopic=9419

The photo ID does not always have to be a driver license. For my father, he has a Canadian residecy card that he uses as a photo ID as he does not drive in Canada.

What I am looking forward to read on here in the future is the outcome of someone refusing to produce a photo ID when asked by a conservation or DFO officer. ;)

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2008, 11:01:13 PM »

Ok the next time I get checked I will. The only thing is I have only been checked twice in my life. Once when I was 10 and fishing the Allouette and once on the chehalis about 7 years ago. So that makes twice in the 34 years that I have been fishing. I guess it could be awhile  ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2008, 12:06:46 AM »

I got checked twice within a week last year by the same CO  :)

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2008, 09:36:53 PM »

Lol... well hopefully they don't check me because its a pain to carry around my wallet so all I bring is my liscence... I dont even remeber to bring my cell hpone half the time, if they ask for ID ill just call home  ;D ;D

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: April 08, 2008, 01:19:48 AM »

Back in Dec, I took my cousin his girlfriend out crabbing.  After returning 4 officers came to my boat, they asked for our license and only the boat owner's ID the other 2 only require to present their fishing license.  Last year 3 outings around Gulf Is area, we were checked for license and all 3 occations we weren't asked for any ID.

Is there a different practice between COs, DFOs, and RCMP officers?

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #27 on: April 08, 2008, 10:27:08 AM »

I just fired off an email to their headoffice(CO's) to get some clarification on this. I will post their email responce if I get one.

umpo4

« Reply #28 on: April 08, 2008, 01:24:36 PM »

On line is the only way..........  I'm going to find some waterproof paper ( vinyl ) for next year. The plain bond paper just wouldn't hold up very well,,,especially when wet.

nvloc

• Undoing wind knots since 1994.
« Reply #29 on: April 08, 2008, 01:56:16 PM »

On line is the only way..........  I'm going to find some waterproof paper ( vinyl ) for next year. The plain bond paper just wouldn't hold up very well,,,especially when wet.

Good idea with the water-proof paper. If memory serves me correctly plastic-coating the store-purchased license voided it - might that be different for online licenses printed on regular bond?

Either way, online purchase was a snap.