Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Evolution of the Vedder River fishery  (Read 10580 times)

Riverman

• old fart
Re: Evolution of the Vedder River fishery
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2008, 09:08:55 AM »

I am in total agreement with Rodney on the positive benefits of education in fishing.Us older guys need to share ways of cooperation not confrontation.AS for asking the government to put in place regulations to control polite behaviour. I do not see this as good.Over the last ten years or so I too have seen the vedder explode with other fishers.Something else I have noticed is a gradual moving away from confrontations over turf and more of a different strokes for different folkes culture taking hold.I see this as a positive and credit some of the more rational among us for the move in this direction.Let's keep it going!
Riverman

searun17

• Old Timer
Re: Evolution of the Vedder River fishery
« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2008, 08:58:20 PM »

People from this site actually practice good fishing etiquettes in real life?? ;D

I think Charles and Nicole's examples just show that positive threads such as this one spread the words and influence the fishery quite quickly. If you make a dozen anglers' experience on the water pleasant, then that dozen of anglers will possibly do the same for 12 more dozens. That's over 150 people who use the river. Overtime, such little consideration of others can really change the entire fishery positively.

i think this is bang on i am noticing more polite behavior happening on our local flow and to me this is very encouraging to see more people a little more laid back and enjoying the day out and adapting to the current style of fishing that has become the norm ,i think most of the complaining that goes on is just a result of the shear numbers of fisherman on the river making it tough to fish it the way many would like to, with high competition for some of the more productive areas just resulting in sour grapes for some.
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.